Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 12-29-2007, 03:23 AM
Fan Forum Hero

^ Me too! I felt so bad for my Kels.
Old 12-29-2007, 02:24 PM
Fan Forum Star

Maybe its me, but I swear sometimes I wish (as much as I love D/B) they should of broke up, would of helped me stomach S3 a bit better. I mean the only thing that helped me was Donna and David really lol
Old 12-29-2007, 08:47 PM
Fan Forum Hero

S3 was a definite fave of mine. Hehe.
Old 12-29-2007, 11:21 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I totally believed it at first too.
Oh, good. I'm not the only gullible one.
Quote:
I love Brenda and Dylan together, but I don't mind Kelly and Dylan together.
Aww. If I have the right person, didn't your mom multi-ship and then name you Brenda?

A few more favorite moments :

Dylan and Kelly standing up in tense unison from the Walsh's living room.

Brenda telling Brandon that the next time she goes to France, he should come with her. "You know, I was thinking the same thing."

David leaning down to kiss Kelly on the head for comfort. What a sweet move from freshman stalker to reliable brother!

Uh ... when Brooke says, "All I was trying to do was get you to stay and play with me a little longer", she sounds like she's 5.

Steve and Henry make a great combination. "Sanders, I got work to do. I don't have time for all this Hollywood jabber."
Old 12-30-2007, 10:57 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by playgroundDiaries (View Post)
Oh, good. I'm not the only gullible one.

Aww. If I have the right person, didn't your mom multi-ship and then name you Brenda?
Yeah, that's me. She's probably shipped almost every couple on the show, except David and Valerie, she couldn't stand them. I didn't mind them, David looked good with most of the girls he dated anyways.

Season three is probably my favourite. I also loved seasons four and five.

Quote:
David leaning down to kiss Kelly on the head for comfort. What a sweet move from freshman stalker to reliable brother!
Aww, I loved that too. It was so sincere.
brenda♥ icon by causticammo
Old 12-30-2007, 01:35 PM
Master Fan

Season 3 Episode Discussion of the Week: Song of Myself (Episode 7)

Original Air Date: 9 September 1992
As the gang of West Beverly beings its senior year, Andrea accuses the new reading teacher and Blaze faculty advisor, Gil Meyers, of sexism when he names Brandon the new editor of the school paper. Meanwhile, David discovers that his summer fling Nikki, is a transfer sophomore student and Donna's new friend. Brenda and Steve become "senior buddies" to two freshmen who are Sue Scanlon, the late Scott's younger sister who has two personalities, and Herbert, an intellectual type. Also, Kelly continues to be uncomfortable and jealous about seeing Dylan with Brenda.

Need a refresher on the episode?

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

Part 4

Part 5
Old 12-31-2007, 11:57 AM
Master Fan

i fell for the the brenda staying in europe thing too (but i gotta say the faking being french thing...a little too ridiculus and agree never saw too much rick/brenda chemistry)
i always wonderd what dy would have done if kelly had agreed to telling brenda. and when they meet up on the beach later is a heartbreaking moment for me.
i never hosestly seen why brandon or steve were so taken with brooke i didn't think she had much chemistry with either one
and is it just me or is david's big (lacklustre may be a better word) performance kinda empty for what was supposedly going to be a big event where he was supposedly a hit...the majority of his audience is friends along with his family (mel,jackie and kelly), if i am not mistaken even dy and brenda skipped the big concert anyway steve giving the i told you so looks to (crap can't remember his name) brandon's boss cracked me up since i never found the performance all that great well actually i always thought it was lame and needed to be put to sleep
Old 01-01-2008, 04:28 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for starting the new one Ruby

I loved how Andrea stood up to Mr Meyers in this episode, and Brandon. I don't think he was fit at all to become the main editor of the Blaze, and you could tell from the beginning Andrea didn't want to hand it over to him, I really wish she would have just said that from the start.

And Sue Scanlon ... ummm, I was like what the? I thought she was this shy girl and then into the toilets and presto, she looks like a hooker (sorry but she did)

I never liked the David/Nikki storyline, actually I just didn't like Nikki, but if this is the episode where they play that prank on David well it is funny, even though I can't believe Donna just forgave him like that .. it doesn't work that way if you ask me but she was way too forgiving

I hated how Dylan was parading his and Brenda's relationship in front of Kelly, even though Kelly wanted it that way it still upset me
Old 01-02-2008, 11:35 AM
Master Fan

I was really proud of Andrea in this episode. I never liked Gil Meyers and he had no right to take over the newspaper from Andrea. Esepcially since, Brandon didn't even want to be on the paper senior year. I was glad Andrea called him out on his sexism.

Sue Scanlon- Yes, she was a mess. I agree, she kinda looked like a biker girl gone wrong. (I liked the actress better in Bethoven and the Nanny)

David/Nikki- I liked how this storyline went. It was cute how Donna and Nikki got back at David. David looked sooooo nervous everytime Nikki would come around.
I agree. Donna was very forgiving. And she forgave very fast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Courtz_BV (View Post)
I hated how Dylan was parading his and Brenda's relationship in front of Kelly, even though Kelly wanted it that way it still upset me
Hmmm..Interesting, so you think that Dylan was trying to shove his relationship with Brenda in Kelly's face, as a way of getting back at her for rejecting him at the end of the summer? I never thought of it like that.
Old 01-02-2008, 02:44 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Hmmm..Interesting, so you think that Dylan was trying to shove his relationship with Brenda in Kelly's face, as a way of getting back at her for rejecting him at the end of the summer? I never thought of it like that.
I always got a bit of that, too, cause he was noticeably frustrated with Kelly's rejection and the whole situation. "No you didn't predict this; you made it happen." On top of that, I saw Dylan being reminded of what it was like to be with Bren. Is 6 weeks really that long? LOL.

I feel like the only Nikki and Brandon/Nikki fan in the world. I love my little spitfire. Couldn't get into her relationship with David, though, either. He seemed too young for her or their interests were too similar. I don't know. I always remember the moment when Nikki assures Donna, now that she knows the Dd/D connection, that all they did was kiss, and D goes, "That's all we do." The small moments where you really feel Donna's abstinence plight.

I think the fact that they brought in Sue, the roadkill from S2-Scott Past, was awesome. I love how the Scanlons just kind of remain a haunting presence, and that they actually followed up on her for that infamous plotline with Gil.

Gil. I did like him, and the Brandon/Andrea plotline is what makes this episode. It's rare that these two fight, but when they do, it's electric. They invest so much of their time and emotional life in each other that when feelings of betrayal emerge, so do the most cutting of comments. I can't believe no one thought of the co-editing option sooner. But yeah, I was proud of Andrea here too.

Steve/Herbert FTW! I seriously loved that they were stuck with each other. "Excuse me. Where is the chemistry lab?"/ "Just ... follow the dweeb droppings."
Old 01-03-2008, 05:10 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Oy, David/Nikki don't even get me started.

LOL. Steve/Herbert? HILARIOUS!
Old 01-04-2008, 12:10 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
I always got a bit of that, too, cause he was noticeably frustrated with Kelly's rejection and the whole situation. "No you didn't predict this; you made it happen." On top of that, I saw Dylan being reminded of what it was like to be with Bren. Is 6 weeks really that long? LOL.
I know really. Especially since he told Brenda not to fall in love while she was in Paris. Six weeks really isn't that long. But in high school it is a lifetime, LOL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingjames23 (View Post)
Oy, David/Nikki don't even get me started.
!
hahhaha. So, I take it your not a fan? Me neither...

Quote:
I feel like the only Nikki and Brandon/Nikki fan in the world. I love my little spitfire. Couldn't get into her relationship with David, though, either. He seemed too young for her or their interests were too similar. I don't know. I always remember the moment when Nikki assures Donna, now that she knows the Dd/D connection, that all they did was kiss, and D goes, "That's all we do." The small moments where you really feel Donna's abstinence plight.
I thought Nikki and Brandon were okay. But Brandon had so many girlfriends that I was kind of bored with her. She was better than Brooke the Bigot but that isn't saying much.
I really like that moment with Donna as well. I think it was extremly well written.

Quote:
Gil. I did like him, and the Brandon/Andrea plotline is what makes this episode. It's rare that these two fight, but when they do, it's electric. They invest so much of their time and emotional life in each other that when feelings of betrayal emerge, so do the most cutting of comments. I can't believe no one thought of the co-editing option sooner. But yeah, I was proud of Andrea here too

I always hated when Brandon and Andrea faught too. It just didn't seem right. Gil blatantly pushed Brandon the entire year though. I suppose he saw something in him, but it shouldn't be at Andrea's expense.

Quote:
Steve/Herbert FTW! I seriously loved that they were stuck with each other. "Excuse me. Where is the chemistry lab?"/ "Just ... follow the dweeb droppings."
I love Herbert. He was on A Different World, one of my other favorite shows, so I loved him in this role.
Old 01-04-2008, 12:33 PM
Part-Time Fan

Ah, welcome Gil Meyers, a guy that I will never get used to on the show.

I also thought that the Herbert and Steve pairing was hilarious. I am so glad they were paired up. That "dweeb droppings" quote was awesome, and something Steve would say.

I am definitely not a fan of David and Nikki. Or Nikki for that matter. I guess it was because of how they began.
brenda♥ icon by causticammo
Old 01-05-2008, 10:15 AM
Master Fan

^ Steve was so funny.

Glad to see I'm not the only one who wasn't into Gil.
Old 01-05-2008, 06:06 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
I thought Nikki and Brandon were okay. But Brandon had so many girlfriends that I was kind of bored with her. She was better than Brooke the Bigot but that isn't saying much.
Nikki always looked too young to me. It looked like Brandon was going out with a 12 year old and it just put me off

Brooke .. probably one of my most hated characters on 90210.

Quote:
Especially since he told Brenda not to fall in love while she was in Paris.
A little of 'Do as I say, not as I do' thats Dylan for you.

Quote:
I always hated when Brandon and Andrea faught too. It just didn't seem right. Gil blatantly pushed Brandon the entire year though. I suppose he saw something in him, but it shouldn't be at Andrea's expense.
Agreed. He was so sexist, and I hated how he used to act so oblivious to it.

I used to like Bn/A's arguments especially because A would usually always come out on top heh.

Oh and I also loved Steve & 'Hubert' "It's HERBERT" .. whatever
Closed Thread   Post New Thread