Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 07-04-2011, 09:01 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by James26 (View Post)
Character that annoyed you the most? -- Brenda
?

I guess S7 would be my favorite season mainly because to me, it was the most relaxing season. There wasn't so much drama compared to all the comedy we got. But overall, I just loved it.
Old 11-22-2012, 07:04 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Some S7 gifs.

Old 11-22-2012, 11:40 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by heyitsrachel (View Post)
I guess S7 would be my favorite season mainly because to me, it was the most relaxing season. There wasn't so much drama compared to all the comedy we got. But overall, I just loved it.
I completely agree. Season 7 is my favorite season too.

Great gifs. I need to rewatch Season 7

"He makes me laugh."
Jake & Amy ♥

Old 11-23-2012, 02:59 AM
Obsessed Fan

Things did feel fun and relaxing right after Brandon and Kelly got back together. Actually, I think that the whole fun, relaxing feel was a big part of the show's charm overall.
Old 11-24-2012, 12:08 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by James26 (View Post)
Things did feel fun and relaxing right after Brandon and Kelly got back together. Actually, I think that the whole fun, relaxing feel was a big part of the show's charm overall.
Everyone was having fun after that except for Val.
Old 03-02-2013, 09:01 AM
Master Fan

The "Housewarming" episode was on tv today. Wow, it's terrible. I get that it's difficult to come up with original ideas but another fire story line? They got really lazy with the writing. Part of the reason I rarely revisit post season 5 seasons. My favorite part of the episode was Tracy pointing out all the couplings in the gang. Totally ridiculous that one group of friends exchanges partners so much.

Which brings me to Donna. There is a fire. I know - let me go follow a deer. Whose idea was that? WTF. Honestly, I'm glad she was okay - but if that is how they would have killed off her character I wouldn't have had much sympathy. I suppose it does stay true to Donna's animal loving instincts but it seemed a bit over the top. Donna always had boundaries. I'm glad she admitted it in the following episode that it was a stupid idea but still. As for Val and her married man, could they be more obvious? There is nothing subtle about the writing. Like he is talking to Val about his divorce and he is also signing divorce papers at the same time. Way to hit us over the head that he is is lying. I guess 90210 was never terribly subtle tho but this just seems sloppy.
Old 03-03-2013, 06:48 PM
Fan Forum Hero

While it's not one of the better episodes in that season, I don't hate it. I know I've watched the entire episode a few times before...but mainly if I do watch it now, I'm just watching the BK parts.

The Donna SL is a bit of a snore. From her being in the car with Clare, to following David in and out of the bathroom as he throws up to the deer SL, it wasn't every entertaining for me. It seems to me as if the writers just want to find a way to introduce that fireman, Cliff into the show for an episode or two afterwards.
Old 03-08-2013, 11:52 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Yeah, s7 was pretty chill. I was initially nuts about it and remember being so let down with s8.
Old 03-08-2013, 08:16 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by loveslullaby (View Post)
Yeah, s7 was pretty chill. I was initially nuts about it and remember being so let down with s8.
What were you initially excited about S7?
Old 03-08-2013, 10:04 PM
Obsessed Fan

Mainly all the David/Donna stuff. I also remember loving all the build up to Brandon/Kelly reuniting, which is weird now because I don't really ship them.
Old 03-08-2013, 10:57 PM
Fan Forum Hero

^ BK was definitely the reason why I got excited about any season starting after S4. But I did enjoy the David/Donna SLs.
Old 03-31-2013, 09:19 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
^ BK was definitely the reason why I got excited about any season starting after S4.
And me, starting in S6. It's how I survived.

Quote:
The "Housewarming" episode was on tv today. Wow, it's terrible. [...] Which brings me to Donna. There is a fire. I know - let me go follow a deer. Whose idea was that? WTF. [...] it seemed a bit over the top. Donna always had boundaries.
"Housewarming" is pretty much my most disliked episode of all time. I was legit angry when it aired. Like, nope, I was wrong. The show is not going to rebound this season (later it did, briefly). And who are these Mark and Cliff people they're trying to push on us? This episode is special in that it promoted a visual - literally, of Donna and a Deer, that was published in magazines - which itself made the episode look ridiculous without people even needing to watch it or read the description. I hated that, for some people (non-fans), that would forever justify to them that there was indeed no need to look any deeper at the show - it was as much a farce as they had assumed.

Quote:
As for Val and her married man, could they be more obvious? There is nothing subtle about the writing. Like he is talking to Val about his divorce and he is also signing divorce papers at the same time. Way to hit us over the head that he is is lying. I guess 90210 was never terribly subtle tho but this just seems sloppy.
The show was definitely more subtle and less on-the-nose in earlier seasons. This is why I can't stand when it's judged by the latter seasons, like any random sample from the ten years would be equally representative. We know it's not.
Old 03-31-2013, 08:47 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by playgroundDiaries (View Post)
And me, starting in S6. It's how I survived.
To me, there weren't that many BK moments in S6 but enough to have me keep hope alive for those two.
Old 06-13-2013, 10:13 PM
Fan Forum Hero

From the Larry Mollin interview:

Quote:
Mollin: Here’s another story about the old man: We had to create a new guy for Kelly and we hired a guy, paid him a bunch of money. His name was Dalton James. He played a character called Mark. He ran the TV station.

TDW: Yep. It was season 7.

Mollin: So we’re doing 32 episodes so we’re writing away and we have half the season written but we’ve only shot through episode 5. We get called in to the old man’s office. “We have a big problem.” I go, “What’s the problem?” Well, we knew that Jennie didn’t like him. So it’s me and Steve Wasserman, and he goes “I just found out that Dalton James is anti-Semitic.” We go, “What?! That *****ing–” And he goes, “Well, we have to get rid of him.“ And we go, “Well, we’ve written another 10 episodes for him! We have this whole story!” And he goes, “Well, he’s anti-Semitic. I can’t have him here.” And we go, “You’re right!” and we get all pissed off and then we walk out to the elevator and Steve goes, “He’s a *****ing liar.” He knew we were going to complain if it was just that Jennie wanted to get rid of him, so he made up a story that the guy was anti-Semitic so we’d be pissed off and write him out. And that’s the kind of guy he was.

[Jennie] didn’t [complain regularly] and was a tireless and loyal cast member from the get-go to the end. So whatever she told him that set up him calling us upstairs into his office to kill off “Mark,” I have no idea. We were basically told no chemistry and he was an anti-Semite. The old man knew with the character suddenly gone we had a heap of rewriting to do in a very short time and figured we’d resist mightily. He took preemptive action, jacked us up so we swore we’d sent the sucker off to hell in a blink of an episode. I think in the elevator going down from the office we laughed, speculated that we’d been played but appreciated the old man’s artistry at it. With him, the ends justified the means and screw the actor’s or anyone else’s reputation. He played at the game hard. We had no evidence that Dalton James was anti-Semetic. Most likely wasn’t.

TDW: The way Mark was written out–he and Brandon competed for the Dreyer fellowship and Kelly didn’t like his behavior and she said sayonara [Episode 7.14, Jobbed].

Mollin: “Next time your phone rings, bet someone it’s not me. You’ll be right every time.”

TDW: Exactly. But really, you would’ve kept him?

Mollin: Oh, yeah! We were going to keep him. Once that happened, we changed everything. But he was going to be one of our regular characters. We had hired him for 13 more but we got rid of him in the middle of the season. We planned to have him the whole year. We had written scripts for it so we had to go back and re-do everything to get rid of him.

TDW: Well, getting rid of him paved the way for Brandon and Kelly’s reunion.

Mollin: There was always that but we were going to have him in the middle of it and really save it for a little later. I just remember us going down there and being pissed off and going “We don’t care how long it takes to rewrite!” and then we realized he totally just lied about it. He was willing to throw the guy under the bus because he knew we’d resist. So that’s typical Spelling. He just manipulated us with something we’d want to hear. He knew the only way to get that reaction from us was to tell us the guy was anti-Semitic. It probably hung with the guy. I don’t know if he ever worked again.
Old 06-14-2013, 03:37 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I hated this season. Housewarming is the best example of sloppy writing and handling the show in general, but it's not the only one. Ugh.

Brenda stands alone. Because she can.
Icon by oth. fan
Closed Thread   Post New Thread