Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-12-2019, 03:30 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaquen7 (View Post)
And Brandon would've married her. And they'd have basically become Jim and Cindy: Part Deux.
Really showed how the writers were stuck for ideas at that point -- for the crew to think that audiences had any emotional investment in Brandon/Tracy enough to keep her around for 2/3 of the season

Quote:
I think that Val/Kenny story would've landed so well if the older man was somebody we knew, and attached to Kelly. Bill? Mel? She SO would. She hated Kelly that much, and she was self destructive enough.
Honestly, I thought they were gonna do a Bill/Val hook-up when Val found his business card and arranged to see him
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 07-12-2019, 04:22 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal Clear (View Post)
Really showed how the writers were stuck for ideas at that point -- for the crew to think that audiences had any emotional investment in Brandon/Tracy enough to keep her around for 2/3 of the season
This show really started going straight to hell couple wise starting as early as season 4.

How many people really rode hard for Brenda/Stewart? Andrea/Jesse? Then it seems to get worse each subsequent season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal Clear (View Post)
Honestly, I thought they were gonna do a Bill/Val hook-up when Val found his business card and arranged to see him
I thought that too. Should've gone there, for the drama alone.

90210 was frustrating that way. They wanted to act like Melrose in the later seasons, but didn't have the balls to really GO THERE. So we ended up with these lame, tame winks to drama, but nothing.

Personified in Kelly Taylor's body being burned in the prettiest, most convenient way possible.
Old 07-13-2019, 01:12 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I thought so too. Luckily, they did no go down that road.

Quote:
90210 was frustrating that way. They wanted to act like Melrose in the later seasons, but didn't have the balls to really GO THERE. So we ended up with these lame, tame winks to drama, but nothing.
Yeah. Too bad they ended up imitating their spin off. With not much success.

Brenda stands alone. Because she can.
Icon by oth. fan
Old 07-13-2019, 03:20 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

Quote:
How many people really rode hard for Brenda/Stewart? Andrea/Jesse? Then it seems to get worse each subsequent season.
Can't argue with that

Quote:
I thought that too. Should've gone there, for the drama alone.

Yep. You could say they did that with Kelly's pregnancy storyline in this season. She tells Brandon and the whole issue is of whether they're too young to have a child, but then the next episode just eradicates all discussion of that by going down the miscarriage route. Takes away the responsibility from them and just hammers the guilt on Kelly even more
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 07-14-2019, 01:30 AM
Fan Forum Hero

It just occurred to me that this season started with a fake pregnancy (Val's) and ended with a real one, and a miscarriage (Kelly's). Huh.

Icon by oth. fan
Old 07-14-2019, 05:45 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

Quote:
Originally Posted by yulan (View Post)
It just occurred to me that this season started with a fake pregnancy (Val's) and ended with a real one, and a miscarriage (Kelly's). Huh.
Wow good observation

Plus, they both had serious consequences.

Having thought about it, Val's fake pregnancy and how the whole thing came back to bite her is exactly why I couldn't get on board with her attempts to upset Kelly later in the season. The writers' treatment of Val was abysmal in Season 7. Wasting time on trying to come between Brandon/Kelly was just stupid. I would've preferred a legitimate acknowledgement of Val that she wanted to be Kelly's friend and stop conspiring all the time.
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 07-14-2019, 06:16 AM
Elite Fan

Valerie acted like she blamed Kelly for ruining her chance with Brandon. Brandon said Valerie was like a sister to him . He told Kelly the same thing in season 1

KH asked about kissing her ex (JJ) in front of the cameras all day:

"Maybe there's a hint of realism?"
Old 07-14-2019, 06:47 AM
Part-Time Fan

Val could’ve had Brandon. But she would’ve had to pretend to be somebody she’s not just to keep him.

Really the only man Val seemed to truly be vulnerable with was David.
Old 07-14-2019, 07:30 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

Quote:
Originally Posted by hshapir2 (View Post)
Valerie acted like she blamed Kelly for ruining her chance with Brandon. Brandon said Valerie was like a sister to him . He told Kelly the same thing in season 1
In Season 1, I understood him using that as an excuse because he had pushed Kelly away all season to spare Steve's feelings. But with Val, you could tell that he meant it.

She lived in Brenda's room, he protected her like he would have protected Brenda during tough times... She was definitely like Brenda 2.0 to him.

Quote:
Val could’ve had Brandon. But she would’ve had to pretend to be somebody she’s not just to keep him.
Disagree. He was just yet another thing she wanted to steal from somebody she disliked to make herself feel better.

They were no more than childhood friends. He felt brotherly towards her and she tried to make more of that then there was.

Quote:
Very true
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 07-14-2019, 08:27 AM
Part-Time Fan

Unless Brandon was off screen sticking his tongue down Brenda’s throat (insert common B&B incest joke here) then that hot make out session between Brandon and Val at the close of season 5 doesn’t seem very sibling like to me.

Of course Val could’ve had Brandon in her bed if she really tried. Val could’ve had just about any man in her bed if she really tried.

Brandon has a history of proving that he can get sexual with his female friends.

Remember Kelly was once a “sister” too...
Old 07-14-2019, 09:29 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

Brandon was on the rebound at that point, though. He was doing everything he could to forget that Kelly turned down his proposal.

He'd never shown interest in Val before that point. He blatantly got uncomfortable when she flaunted herself in lingerie.

But yeah, he was basically the Zack Morris of the show -- the writers had Brandon kiss/hook up with every breathing female.
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 07-14-2019, 11:16 AM
Part-Time Fan

I’m still mad they didn’t explore Zack and Lisa past that one episode!
Old 07-14-2019, 08:13 PM
Elite Fan

Brandon was talking about going there with Valerie the season 5 finale. He had Cindy as his conscious I think

KH asked about kissing her ex (JJ) in front of the cameras all day:

"Maybe there's a hint of realism?"
Old 07-14-2019, 11:41 PM
Master Fan

I would have enjoyed Brandon hooking up with Val
Old 07-15-2019, 12:50 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I would've preferred a legitimate acknowledgement of Val that she wanted to be Kelly's friend and stop conspiring all the time
Nah, but that was the thing with Val. She wanted to be a part of the gang, yet to backstab them all the time. I am not sure she wanted to be Kelly's best friend. More to get her... respect, at least as an enemy, IDK. That's what it seemed like to me, that is. And to get Kelly to admit that they were actually similar, or had a lot in common.

Quote:
And sometimes Dylan in S5, but it was rare.

Quote:
He'd never shown interest in Val before that point. He blatantly got uncomfortable when she flaunted herself in lingerie.
But he totally had erotic fantasies about her, and about Jim and Cindy scolding him for it. Wasn't that before the season finale? S5, I mean.

Icon by oth. fan
Closed Thread   Post New Thread