Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-07-2010, 05:03 AM
Master Fan

To me, S9 is named Dylan & Kelly I know, I'm crazy. I tend to make confusion with S10 though, but I do remember that Brandon and Val leave, Matt and Gina are introduced and Dylan comes back.
And I LOVE Steven and Janet, though I often thought "Do they live in a world with just the two of them in?"
Anyway I think this season is fine. I found more nonsense stuff in S10 than I did in this, so I'm really ok with it. Not very into Matt and Gina (he's boring, she's annoying, IMO obviously) but I enjoyed it as a whole in so many things that I think this is probably one of my favourite seasons of BH ever.
Old 08-07-2010, 05:42 AM
Fan Forum Star

IKR? Steve & Janet seem like they're always doing their own thing
Old 08-07-2010, 02:01 PM
Loyal Fan

One of my favorite moments of S9 (although it really only teases us since it doesn't go anywhere) is when David comes to Donna's door and tells her that his comment about exes being able to be friends was a lie. That scene is just so sexy IMO. There's a beat right before he says, "I lied," and then the music comes in, and that kiss. Of course, that's when the episode ends. I remember watching that scene for the first time about a month ago when I was making my way through the season, and I just flipped over the hotness of it all.

For me, this was the season where I really really started to love Brian's acting. He's just more developed, calmer, more subtle...something. But it's good. I like David so much more now than I did at the beginning of the show, and a lot of that is due, I feel, to Brian's growing depth as an actor.

I also have to admit that, like Court, I like Noah. Although I might like him a smidgen more than she does (maybe?), because his SL's don't really bother me at all. And him and Donna are sorta cute. I guess knowing they're not endgame helps as I'm watching. I can just look at it as a fling and know that her and David are the ultimate couple.

Matt annoys the heck out of me, but I do love Gina.

dylan & kelly || forever, baby.

Tumblr.
Old 08-08-2010, 04:50 PM
Fan Forum Star

You might like him a little more then me But yes, I do enjoy him in this season. I always hated him but not anymore, strange how perceptions change when you rewatch

Matt is just ... boring. I can't fathom why Kel is interested in him, oh yes. It's safe.
Old 08-09-2010, 12:20 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Noah has grown on me as the season went by, at the start I couldn't care less about his daddy issues and thought he was hogging precious screen time but I've realised I like him when he doesn't have a major SL and is looking nice and pretty in the background
LOL, that's not exactly the same thing as liking him! Not that I'd love you any less.

Quote:
For me, this was the season where I really really started to love Brian's acting. He's just more developed, calmer, more subtle...something. But it's good. I like David so much more now than I did at the beginning of the show, and a lot of that is due, I feel, to Brian's growing depth as an actor.
This continues into S10 even more and I know just what you mean. David seems have this quiet sense of wisdom and maturity over everyone towards the end of the show. I can't help but to love early David the best, though. His evolution always felt slow and natural, thank god.
Old 08-09-2010, 12:22 AM
Fan Forum Star

Well I used to say I hated him but now I don't, and I enjoy his scenes with Donna and the group but not SL's revolving around him
Old 08-09-2010, 12:24 AM
Elite Fan

I wonder how you'd feel watching his daddy issues now, then, after warming up to him via him not doing much.
Old 08-09-2010, 12:27 AM
Fan Forum Star

Oh they'd still peeve me off. He's not as boring as Matt though.
Old 08-09-2010, 02:25 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
One of my favorite moments of S9 (although it really only teases us since it doesn't go anywhere) is when David comes to Donna's door and tells her that his comment about exes being able to be friends was a lie. That scene is just so sexy IMO. There's a beat right before he says, "I lied," and then the music comes in, and that kiss.
IKR! So much sweetness.

Today I was watching random S9 clips (we're having reruns here) and I did realize Noah's father was Leland Palmer on Twin Peaks, LOL. Awesome.

By the way that was not my point what I wanted to say is that I remembered how supportive Gina tried to be with Dylan. That guy is really not a blessing to whoever falls for him, right? So I still don't like Gina, but I'm kind of - sort of - almost sympathizing.
Old 08-09-2010, 04:59 PM
Fan Forum Star

She was supportive after feeding his addiction I'm joking, kind of.
Old 08-09-2010, 07:45 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by playgroundDiaries (View Post)
This continues into S10 even more and I know just what you mean. David seems have this quiet sense of wisdom and maturity over everyone towards the end of the show. I can't help but to love early David the best, though. His evolution always felt slow and natural, thank god.
Yeah, definitely natural and realistic.

dylan & kelly || forever, baby.

Tumblr.
Old 08-11-2010, 03:42 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majora's Mask (View Post)

Matt is just ... boring. I can't fathom why Kel is interested in him, oh yes. It's safe.
Matt was BORING & Irritating!The one ep he irked me in was when Kelly was trying to explain to him about going to Mexico with Dylan & he was like(in a B%#$^ FIT MODE)"STILL WAITING ON THAT COFFEE!"OMG MATT DRAMA QUEEN much!

icon by♥ COURT
Old 08-11-2010, 04:44 AM
Fan Forum Star

the gina & donna fighting was cool. yay matt was a bore. i liked how janet & steve had their baby!
Old 08-23-2010, 10:44 PM
Fan Forum Star

Matt was so boring I find no relevence for him
Old 08-24-2010, 12:42 AM
Elite Fan

Heh, this is going to flow. Who knew? lol

From the S9 survivor thread that's topped (*cough, cough*), I was gonna reply there but here might be better.

Re: the discovery that Matt has a (schizophrenic) wife waiting in the wings ...
Quote:
Just an attempt to make Matt seem interesting, imo.
He's so moral, yet so scandalous. Maybe if he weren't so moralistic about his scandal ... Kelly couldn't even get mad, lol. Now he's so decent that he loves two women and admirably caters to each in different ways.

One of the most unbelievable things about S9, I must say, is that right off the heels of Noah's father committing suicide, Valerie - the one character on the show who would understand - is gone from the show, without so much as a reaction. If ever the two of them were to make the most of a friendship, or she could find someone to relate to even more, the time would be then. And they even have a romantic history from S8. Did producers not even notice the irony?