Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-24-2011, 10:21 AM
New Fan

Wait a minute....any question starting with "worst"....the answer should be Kelly/Brandon calling of the wedding!!!!
Old 06-24-2011, 07:26 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Priscilla. (View Post)
Thanks Rachel, i liked yours too. We have most of them in common i think.
Yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nojretlas (View Post)
Wait a minute....any question starting with "worst"....the answer should be Kelly/Brandon calling of the wedding!!!!
It's up there on my list but not the top.
Old 07-23-2011, 09:56 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Old 11-22-2012, 07:09 PM
Fan Forum Hero

S8 gifs:

Old 11-23-2012, 02:31 AM
Obsessed Fan

Favorite character? -- Kelly
Character that annoyed you the most? -- Brenda
Favorite couple? -- Brandon and Kelly
Best friendship scene? -- David hopping in the car with Brandon and Steve as they bring him to work at their paper. One of my favorite scenes in the whole series.

Quote:
Yup. Or the awful "Saving prostitute Erica" storyline...Way to ruin such a beloved guest character, writers
I actually prefer the tougher Erica. But I could've done without the prostitution stuff. Her transformation reminds me of Jake's son David on MP.

Anyway, I remember being quite excited about this season because I wanted to see what their lives would be like once school was out of the picture.

I like how Brandon and Kelly are wearing white at the very beginning. Seemed like a sign of what was probably meant to be, had real life not interfered.

Last edited by James26; 11-23-2012 at 03:38 AM
Old 11-23-2012, 01:48 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by James26 (View Post)
Character that annoyed you the most? -- Brenda
Was this because she didn't show up at BK's wedding?
Old 05-28-2013, 11:35 AM
Obsessed Fan

I recently saw Blue Lagoon: The Awakening. Pleasant surprise. It's a pretty good example of what love is about: fun, compassion, companionship, etc. And some of the scenes reminded me of the vacation moments in S8 of this show.

This season certainly had its moments.
Old 05-28-2013, 05:34 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I liked this movie to. It's a guilty pleasure of mine
Old 05-29-2013, 08:11 PM
Elite Fan

Alright, I will give S8 the Hawaii waterfall jump.
Old 05-29-2013, 09:48 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I never heard of that movie...but it sounds interesting. I dunno why but the girl looks like she could be a mermaid. The guy reminds me of Zac Efron.

Mollin on S8 and afterwards:

Quote:
Mollin: I never watched after season 7. What they did there was so appalling to me. Our thesis was always that we basically tried to write them as ordinary kids living extraordinary lives. But after I left, they were ordinary kids living ordinary lives! Like they couldn’t get jobs. What do you mean, they couldn’t get jobs? They went the wrong way. Brandon was supposed to have a great job! What the hell? They made them struggling. It was just wrong. Every choice they made was all wrong. They didn’t understand how to tell stories. Michael Braverman [the new writer-producer] was a disaster and Jason was supposed to take over and he didn’t take over. It lived on and it did its thing but it just became more of a Melrosian soap opera. They didn’t follow the thing that we had set up. These kids were supposed to be having great lives and that would’ve made the show fantastic.
Old 05-30-2013, 05:17 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I agree with him that show lost its direction and on that extraordinary/ordinary opposition... I mean, I'm not sure if it would have been better had the kids lived "fantastic lives" and not "ordinary", but it's sure that the show itself became ordinary. For me, way before S8 actually... S7 definitely felt ordinary. The second half of S6 as well (I wanna say, I missed Dylan)

Brenda stands alone. Because she can.
Icon by oth. fan
Old 05-31-2013, 09:38 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah. I fine with jobs and careers that they had in S8. When they started off, it was supposed to be tough...The struggle and the difficulty of finding work is normal and it's basically reality. Sometimes, unless you have a lot connections, it's really hard finding work especially with so much competition. Also, I wonder what he meant by "fantastic lives." I'd say, if it was fantastic, then this wouldn't really be much of a drama anymore.
Old 06-01-2013, 01:32 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
For me, way before S8 actually... S7 definitely felt ordinary. The second half of S6 as well (I wanna say, I missed Dylan)
I disagree about s6. I sort of understand you about s7 though despite me enjoying that season.

Quote:
Yeah. I fine with jobs and careers that they had in S8. When they started off, it was supposed to be tough...The struggle and the difficulty of finding work is normal and it's basically reality. Sometimes, unless you have a lot connections, it's really hard finding work especially with so much competition. Also, I wonder what he meant by "fantastic lives." I'd say, if it was fantastic, then this wouldn't really be much of a drama anymore.
I wasn't fine with it. That's one of the main things that turned me off s8. Kelly working at a free health clinic? (Wasn't her degree in psychology?) Donna as some photographer's assistant? Valerie going from club owner to cheap starter jobs? BRANDON WALSH struggling? NO. Just no.

From Dylan, an emancipated 17 year old who had his own house and was set to inherit hundreds of millions when he turned 21 (or was it 25?) to Val who started running the AfterDark at 19/20, was this show ever that in touch with reality as far as lifestyles go? Young people dealing with universal problems in glamorous settings and living sophisticated lives was one of, if not the central, theme of this show. I didn't want realistic. I think what he meant by "fantastic" was them still grappling with their bundle of personal issues while having incredibly successful careers.
Old 06-01-2013, 02:23 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I'd say, if it was fantastic, then this wouldn't really be much of a drama anymore.
Yeah, I think he means fantastical and over the top (glamorous), but I also feel like that wouldn't have saved the show. That wasn't the problem. I just like to hear him blast Michael Braverman, cause he's right on with that.

Quote:
Kelly working at a free health clinic? (Wasn't her degree in psychology?) Donna as some photographer's assistant? Valerie going from club owner to cheap starter jobs? BRANDON WALSH struggling? NO. Just no.
However, I still agree with this. Valerie had been essentially in the same role since mid-S5, with the same hiccups and drama. It was like they kept telling the same story for too long. And then when it came to her dating Cooper and whatever that involved professionally, I wasn't into that either, and I knew these people were disposable.

It seemed like they put Kelly in the clinic so she'd have a do-gooder role that would compliment whatever story arcs she had with Brandon and help accentuate the sometimes-comedic divide she had with Valerie, but it didn't make that much sense otherwise.

The Beverly Beat and the Health Clinic were obviously used so that the show could deal with "social issues" again, depending on who walked through those doors. Except, unlike in the early years, they sucked at it.

Donna's positions rang more true to me, but not when they had her doing a myriad of super goofy roles and like ... I don't remember why she had to find a psychic one episode to 'save her life'.

I don't think there's anything wrong with Brandon (or anyone else) struggling for work for a while, but ... well, I do think Brandon sold himself short by agreeing to run a tabloid newspaper with Steve. Come to think of it, I don't know how he expected his serious news stories to be taken seriously in that kind of paper.
Old 06-02-2013, 06:44 PM
Fan Forum Hero

^ Oh, I totally forgot about Mark Braverman.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread