Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-12-2020, 02:14 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Oh, he was definitely already using at that point His moods changed like crazy in that episode. The classic signs showed themselves.
I honestly find his painting very silly. And such a lame birthday present.

Quote:
I can see what you're saying about her already having that emotional connection already with David, but I was grateful that after her break-up with him, she could at least have something with Colin for even a brief period that was more than just sex.
Yeah, and then it had to be ruined by Colin's unnecessary confession to Kelly that he was never into Val and always loved her. I honestly wish Val/Colin never happened. It seemed like a cheapened version of Kelly/Dylan/Val from S5 (and I hated that already).

Brenda stands alone. Because she can.
Icon by oth. fan
Old 03-12-2020, 03:57 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

Quote:
Originally Posted by yulan (View Post)
Yeah, and then it had to be ruined by Colin's unnecessary confession to Kelly that he was never into Val and always loved her. I honestly wish Val/Colin never happened.
I was very unhappy with how they handled Colin at the end of season 6. It all felt very rushed and a desperate attempt to paint him yet again as an ungrateful villain

I mean, he and Val get the sloppiest goodbye scene EVER when the cops catch up with him.
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 03-13-2020, 05:59 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I was very unhappy with how they handled Colin at the end of season 6. It all felt very rushed and a desperate attempt to paint him yet again as an ungrateful villain
Yeah. And I guess a point of that confession to Kelly was also to make a statement once again how superior she was over Val - that every man would always choose her no matter how hard and unselfishly Val tries, and of course, the choice of men is all that matters. Meh.

Icon by oth. fan
Old 03-13-2020, 07:13 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

I do realize in retrospect how every guy in the show (yes, even David, if we remember their early days) worshiped at the altar of "Goddess" (thank you Mr McKay ) Kelly Taylor.

If Colin had his thinking cap on, he would realize that the biggest ray of hope he had left in his life at that point was Valerie and her undying support of him. His stupidity of risking everything to go visit Kelly in a very toxic way made Val realize that none of it was worth it.

Also, it probably worsened Val's opinion of Kelly, and it explains why she says "not if I have anything to do with it" when she discovers Brandon and Kelly might get back together.
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 05-31-2020, 03:27 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

Something that annoyed me about season 6 was how Ray's trial was handled and how he refused to accept responsibility for his abuse of Donna.

He's literally willing to watch Joe (who SAVED her from his abuse) get sent down, until Brandon swoops in at the last second to give some contrived inspirational speech.

The writing felt so fake in that episode.
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 06-18-2020, 11:28 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I think Ray's character ruined Jaime Walter's acting and music career after the show. I think he even said that when he appeared on the BH90210 show. I think he said that everyone kept seeing him as Ray instead of Jaime. Bummer.

I'm rewatching some S6 episodes. I totally forgot about Brandon and Susan winning the lottery.
Old 06-19-2020, 03:48 AM
Master Fan

yes Susan and Brandon did win the lottery. I think this pairing was used more for comedy than drama. It was a good pairing and I liked Susan
Old 06-19-2020, 03:42 PM
Fan Forum Hero

To be honest, I didn't think that Brandon would be so angry at Susan for taking the job for Clinton's camign. I can understand that he would be disappointed that they won't get to spend the summer together but I thought that he would want Susan to have the best and pursue her dream. She did make the argument that she's saddened that they won't get to go on their trip but she doesn't want to regret missing out on this big opportunity. Knowing Brandon, I really thought he would me more supportive or at least not as angry.
Old 06-20-2020, 02:10 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I guess he was angry because he turned the job down before because of her - she might have even asked him to do so, I am not sure. Then she did not consult him about her job, just informed him she took it and she's leaving.

But I do think he overreacted. To yell at her face like that, it was really aggressive.

Icon by oth. fan
Old 06-21-2020, 04:19 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Susan mentioned that she knows Brandon is mad that he turned down the job for her and how she won't do the same. I do agree the way Brandon reacted was wrong. Maybe he thought that if Susan took the job, that'll be the end of their relationship. Susan never said that she wanted to end the relationship.
Old 06-22-2020, 10:41 AM
Master Fan

I'm going to defend Brandon here. I agree being aggressive towards her was wrong of him completely and I understand Susan wanting to progress her career and asked him to join her but I think after he turned down a great job opportunity to be with her, I thought she was the one being selfish here. I'm glad Brandon rejected her after that.
Old 06-22-2020, 10:54 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Maybe he thought that if Susan took the job, that'll be the end of their relationship. Susan never said that she wanted to end the relationship.
She did not want the end, and she cried when he broke up with her. I think he was very angry for the lack of reciprocity, that she did not even discuss the new job with him, although he turned down one for her.

I do understand he saw that as a reason for break up. But I do not support that yelling at her face.

Icon by oth. fan
Old 06-22-2020, 11:19 AM
Master Fan

I didn't like him yelling like that to her, it was very wrong.
But Susan was actually being selfish here. So to me, Brandon did the right thing breaking off with her. Come to think of it, he should of took Kelly on the road trip if she didn't have to do catch up on her studies after her drug fiasco with Colin
Old 06-22-2020, 12:00 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
So to me, Brandon did the right thing breaking off with her.
I think so too. I mean, she could have consulted him. Just the yelling was unnecessary.

Quote:
Come to think of it, he should of took Kelly on the road trip if she didn't have to do catch up on her studies after her drug fiasco with Colin
Well, I am sure she would have been glad to go had he asked her. But he turned her down the same episode, when she wanted to get back with him, saying they were on rebound. And though I feel sorry for Kelly, I think he was right about the timing. Not a good moment, especially because she just had heard about Brenda/Dylan reunion.

Icon by oth. fan
Old 06-22-2020, 12:55 PM
Master Fan

yes I've always said that Brandon was right not to go back with Kelly after his break up with Susan - he did the right thing there. To be honest, I don't think he did much wrong in S6. But in S7, I felt like tearing him to shreds because I think he was ready to go back with Kelly in early S7 but he just wanted more play action and being pathetic. Kelly was more tolerable in S7 and S8.