Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-25-2020, 01:04 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Wait, really? I didn't know that. Luke looks remarkably similar to his season 5 look in that pic.
I checked. It's from Esquier, May 1992, so yeah, 2 years before Jaime joined the cast.

Brenda stands alone. Because she can.
Icon by oth. fan
Old 03-26-2020, 08:42 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Whoa...I don't remember that scene...but I think it's from the fire episode in S5.
Old 03-26-2020, 11:45 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Whoa...I don't remember that scene...but I think it's from the fire episode in S5.
I think so. I am not absolutely sure if it's S5 or S6, but I think the episode you mentioned in S5.

Icon by oth. fan
Old 03-26-2020, 04:35 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

^ Naughty Dylan Although Donna should've known better. He was NOT in a good place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yulan (View Post)
I checked. It's from Esquier, May 1992, so yeah, 2 years before Jaime joined the cast.
Wow! Thanks for the confirmation
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 03-27-2020, 11:45 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
^ Naughty Dylan Although Donna should've known better. He was NOT in a good place.
What was going on in that scene?

And I guess this can also go here, because Val and Kelly are talking about Dylan, so it's not just for their thread:

Icon by oth. fan

Last edited by yulan; 03-28-2020 at 07:55 AM
Old 03-30-2020, 12:40 PM
Ultimate Fan

I have a question (based on the old Television Without Pity forums): What would season 5 be like if Griffin got Ray's storyline instead? Since Griffin is not a wannabe musician like Ray was, how would the cheating with Valerie storyline play out?

I would probably go to hell for saying this but, Kelly and Finley so should have gotten married. It would take the show to a different territory if they did.
Old 03-30-2020, 06:21 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

I think Kelly marrying Finley would've discredited her at all cost. It would've ended up like a tame version of American Horror Story.

I wouldn't have wanted Griffin to get Ray's violent temper. He was a decent guy overall who only got cruel once he realized Donna was playing him for a fool and secretly dating Ray at the same time.

Quote:
What was going on in that scene?
And I guess this can also go here, because Val and Kelly are talking about Dylan, so it's not just for their thread:
It was the aftermath of Dylan finding out about Brandon and Kelly's romance in 5x02. He threatened Brandon then went on a drinking binge that night and picked up a prostitute, taunting Kelly. Then he went over to their apartment to apologize but Donna acted like it was no big deal and begged him to come back to College... He pretended he would, but he played pool at a club instead.

I hated that scene between Val and Kelly. Reiterating the same old Dylan BS just because he was in a coma, it felt totally forced both as a love complication and as an excuse for the two girls to calmly bond over something.
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 04-02-2020, 10:32 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
It was the aftermath of Dylan finding out about Brandon and Kelly's romance in 5x02. He threatened Brandon then went on a drinking binge that night and picked up a prostitute, taunting Kelly. Then he went over to their apartment to apologize but Donna acted like it was no big deal and begged him to come back to College... He pretended he would, but he played pool at a club instead.
Right, thanks. I forgot about it.

Quote:
I hated that scene between Val and Kelly. Reiterating the same old Dylan BS just because he was in a coma, it felt totally forced both as a love complication and as an excuse for the two girls to calmly bond over something.
Why an excuse? For me a care for Dylan was a nice reason for them to bond - albeit in a very fragile way. To discover each other's vulnerability. I know it was a sign of Brandon/Kelly/Dylan/Val square or double triangle, but it did not have to be. To me it made a lot of sense that both girls would care about Dylan. Kelly was involved with him for about 2 years (I don't mean a formal relationship, but their romantic connection), he was a part of the gang for years, to me it was ok she would always have some soft spot for him. IDK.

Now, this was so ridiculous. Swipe for all parts:

Icon by oth. fan
Old 04-08-2020, 04:11 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

^ I loved Tiffani playing Valerie as a tame version of the Tiffany doll from the CHUCKY movies

Luke making out with every girl in the room was a tad ridiculous The part with Donna was a little shocking. Is that how he saw her all along? As this temptress who was saving herself for some guy who was more experienced than David?

Quote:
Why an excuse? For me a care for Dylan was a nice reason for them to bond - albeit in a very fragile way. To discover each other's vulnerability.
I liked that they had that in common, for sure. But I don't think it was portrayed well.
Instead of a quiet moment between them, it's all a big reveal of "you still love him don't you?" Totally unnecessary. Why can't any of this cast just show caring feelings for each other without adding romantic love into the mix? Especially when he's in a coma. It's kind of disturbing.
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 04-09-2020, 12:13 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
The part with Donna was a little shocking. Is that how he saw her all along? As this temptress who was saving herself for some guy who was more experienced than David?
Well no, that was supposed to be his fantasy. Or nightmare if you will I guess it was actually Tori fantasizing about herself as a temptress and requesting to put it in a script. Like her incredible "sexiness" in the S6 music video David was making.

Icon by oth. fan
Old 04-09-2020, 01:06 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

Quote:
Well no, that was supposed to be his fantasy. Or nightmare if you will I guess it was actually Tori fantasizing about herself as a temptress and requesting to put it in a script. Like her incredible "sexiness" in the S6 music video David was making.
I honestly do think that Tori requested more sexy stuff post-season 4 behind the scenes

It just immediately starts happening once Ray comes into the picture.
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 04-09-2020, 01:46 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
It just immediately starts happening once Ray comes into the picture.
Duh, I do remember the scenes of the two of them making out naked. It was not sexy.

Icon by oth. fan
Old 04-10-2020, 02:07 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

That was so over the top, omg

When you're seeing Tori more than Donna (the actor more than the character), that's not good.
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 04-10-2020, 02:08 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Oh, absolutely not. Especially when it's an actor you don't like.

That's all I'm gonna say.

Icon by oth. fan
Old 04-10-2020, 02:34 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

Yep

I can deal with improv when the acting is on-point and it makes sense for the character, but Tori started losing the essence of Donna and I swear to god it was some attempt to get noticed more by the audience because Tiffani's take on Valerie was so sexually provocative.
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Closed Thread   Post New Thread