Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-08-2019, 04:50 PM
Part-Time Fan

I mean there’s really no way to explain David graduating with the gang. The show started off with him being class of 1994 and the gang class of 1992. You just gotta buy it.

I don’t recall anyone but Donna and Steve having an issue with grades. And Donna got diagnosed with a learning disability and got help.
Old 08-08-2019, 05:34 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by yulan (View Post)
I think they even mentioned what I said about Steve, it was just some supposedly legal sort of bribery, that is, rich people executing their privileges, a.k.a. "donation". Maybe I am not remembering it well though.
That would make sense.

They probably should have just made David the same age as everyone else at the start.
Old 08-08-2019, 11:56 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I don’t recall anyone but Donna and Steve having an issue with grades. And Donna got diagnosed with a learning disability and got help.
They did not have issues with grades, but not the great grades either, I think. Andrea, Brenda and Brandon were the only gangsters who graduated with honors. So if CU was supposed to be a great school, it did not make much sense that anyone but the best ends up there, I guess.

Brenda stands alone. Because she can.
Icon by oth. fan
Old 08-09-2019, 01:34 AM
Master Fan

Well, everybody magically went to CU in S4 regardless what grades they had
Old 08-09-2019, 03:53 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Icon by oth. fan
Old 08-09-2019, 03:58 AM
Master Fan

I remembered that episode. Kelly and Andrea's friendship really blossomed this season
Old 08-09-2019, 04:13 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I liked how they sort of made snide remarks to each other about the whole situation initially. It was beautiful and friendly, but still, a lot of shade there. Andrea asked Kelly if she ever had an abortion, alluding to her sexual experience, and Kelly asked her if she knows who the father is. Like, no offense, but...

Icon by oth. fan
Old 08-11-2019, 03:36 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

Quote:
I liked how they sort of made snide remarks to each other about the whole situation initially. It was beautiful and friendly, but still, a lot of shade there. Andrea asked Kelly if she ever had an abortion, alluding to her sexual experience, and Kelly asked her if she knows who the father is. Like, no offense, but...
Part of me wonders if Kelly asked her that because she thought that's why Andrea wanted to confide in her in the first place.
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 08-12-2019, 02:13 AM
Fan Forum Hero

But Andrea did approach her because of that, didn't she? I think she did not even hide it. Kelly was a sexpert of the group. Andrea knew Brenda and Donna did not have abortions for sure.

Icon by oth. fan
Old 08-12-2019, 06:29 AM
Elite Fan

I think they were just being honest with each other

KH asked about kissing her ex (JJ) in front of the cameras all day:

"Maybe there's a hint of realism?"
Old 08-12-2019, 07:09 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Icon by oth. fan
Old 08-12-2019, 09:48 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
I've NEVER seen anyone else mention the shade in some of those Kelly/Andrea pregnancy scenes.

I recall that moment where Andrea asks Kelly if she ever had an abortion, and JG played the response perfectly. Kelly was so low key shocked and insulted that this girl remembers her "fun" days, and her response was so icy.

Old 08-12-2019, 01:47 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I've NEVER seen anyone else mention the shade in some of those Kelly/Andrea pregnancy scenes.

I recall that moment where Andrea asks Kelly if she ever had an abortion, and JG played the response perfectly. Kelly was so low key shocked and insulted that this girl remembers her "fun" days, and her response was so icy.
And what am I supposed to do with the information that you've NEVER seen anyone esle mention shade in some of these scenes? I said what you did - Andrea asked Kelly about the abortion, alluding to her experience, and Kelly was insulted, as you also said, and soon backfired with "Do you know who the father is?" (or am I misremembering she asked that? I am almost sure she did.) Andrea did not approach Kelly because she studied psychology, or because she was closer with her than Brenda or Donna, or anything like that. She approached her because of her sexual past. Maybe she could have been more subtle, maybe not. And Kelly was not very happy about the reminder. All nice and friendly, but conversation also meant, "Hey, I have to ask you something, it concerns your cheerful days"/"Hey, all good, but you've also had your cheerful days, quite recently" So maybe a shade is not a good expression, I am not a native speaker, but I don't see why it would be so problematic in this context. From what I understand, shade is a form of insult that does not immediately appear as such, and this looks like it... very much. I guess in Andrea's case it was not even intentional. In Kelly's response, well...

Icon by oth. fan
Old 08-12-2019, 02:14 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
And what am I supposed to do with the information that you've NEVER seen anyone esle mention shade in some of these scenes?
There's a miscommunication.

I was saying that I've NEVER seen anyone else, besides myself, who noted the shade in those scenes. That's why the rest of my post goes on to agree with you LOL!
Old 08-12-2019, 02:22 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
There's a miscommunication.

I was saying that I've NEVER seen anyone else, besides myself, who noted the shade in those scenes. That's why the rest of my post goes on to agree with you LOL!
Ok, it crossed my mind it could be like that, but apparently I am slowly losing the capacity to decipher the tone and what people meant if they don't use smiley

Icon by oth. fan
Closed Thread   Post New Thread