Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-17-2019, 08:37 AM
Master Fan

I don't see it as a problem to pin this thread even if the premiere is in August
In fact, let's embrace it.
But if you want us to unpin it we will do that

Last edited by HipHopKingMike; 05-17-2019 at 09:45 AM
Old 05-17-2019, 09:19 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruby_Slippers (View Post)
Should this thread be pinned yet? The show doesn't premiere until August.....

Thoughts on this anyone: Jennie Garth Says She and Tori Spelling Have ‘Been Through Some S–t’ as ‘BH90210’ Showrunner and Writers Quit
See this lousy article (from some nobody media outlet, using the good old unnamed source. I'm sorry, I don't buy it for a moment. For one thing, why is Shannen a control freak if she offers her two cents? That's how it's SUPPOSED to be! She's an easy target because of her past, but good grief, the woman has battled a life-threatening disease and then lost a good friend. I really think she's got bigger fish to fry. Let me repeat for the media - she's a part of the cast, she's an EP; she's allowed to have opinions.

AS to the instagram, well yeah of course they'd say that - when you lose the showrunner and writers; it doesn't mean Shannen had anything to do with it.

Ugh - I almost wish that the cast would put these rumors to bed already or it's going to be a miserable time for Shannen.

Quote:
Plus, a source close to Shannen Doherty Opens a New Window. exclusively told Radar she’s a total “control freak,” and “she’s putting her two cents in with the production, the writers, etc. She was one of the last cast members to sign onto the reboot Opens a New Window. because she had many questions before they even started shooting.”

The insider said Doherty, 48, “was always afraid that the reboot wouldn’t be up to par, embarrassing even, so something must have happened. Shannen butts heads with everyone.”
https://radaronline.com/exclusives/2...ama-actresses/
Old 05-17-2019, 11:16 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Well if it's true, so what. I would have also asked a zillion questions if I were Shannen. Ah well.

Brenda stands alone. Because she can.
Icon by oth. fan
Old 05-17-2019, 12:50 PM
Master Fan

So Shannen couldn’t possibly have had anything to do with the upheaval if there were problems since the beginning....Idiots. Media. Medford.

Quote:
Following the news that showrunner Patrick Sean Smith as well as several senior writers quit the six-episode series, a source close to the project tells Us Weekly that those involved in the original have been worried about the reboot since day one.

The reboot alienated many of the writers and producers that made the original show a hit. Many of those people found out about the show by reading about it online,” an insider tells Us. The source adds that the network “wasn’t allotting enough money” to make the series worthwhile.

However, another source notes that Fox is “100 percent supportive” of the new series. Paul Sciarrotta, who has taken over as showrunner with creators and coshowrunners Chris Alberghini and Mike Chessler, has an overall deal with CBS Television Studios and has been part of the show’s staff from the start. He “is bringing in a strong focus and vision for the show” and “everything is moving along well.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.usm...om-reboot/amp/
Old 05-17-2019, 03:07 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsybelle (View Post)
See this lousy article (from some nobody media outlet, using the good old unnamed source. I'm sorry, I don't buy it for a moment. For one thing, why is Shannen a control freak if she offers her two cents? That's how it's SUPPOSED to be! She's an easy target because of her past, but good grief, the woman has battled a life-threatening disease and then lost a good friend. I really think she's got bigger fish to fry. Let me repeat for the media - she's a part of the cast, she's an EP; she's allowed to have opinions.
That's interesting because everything I've been reading has been pointing to Jennie and Tori as the difficult ones (which I don't think they are).

I wouldn't put much value into RO. They are trashy and their headlines are so 30 years ago.

Why don't they bring back Charles Rosin?
Old 05-17-2019, 03:43 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruby_Slippers (View Post)
That's interesting because everything I've been reading has been pointing to Jennie and Tori as the difficult ones (which I don't think they are).

I wouldn't put much value into RO. They are trashy and their headlines are so 30 years ago.

Why don't they bring back Charles Rosin?
There is an article speculating that Tori is one of “the ones”, but it’s very likely just media hubbub based on nothing. Showrunners and writers leave shows all the time - just like in this case, for not being on the same page. Of course the media wants to create a stir because of past issues with the show...
Old 05-17-2019, 04:30 PM
Master Fan

Shannen fought back.

Quote:
Shannen Doherty Slams Rumor Linking Her to BH90210 Staff Quitting: I Refuse to Be 'the Villain'

It looks like there is trouble in California’s ritziest zip code.

According to Variety, showrunner Patrick Sean Smith and several senior writers have quit Fox’s Beverly Hills, 902010 reimagining, titled BH90210.

Their reason for doing so? Variety cited alleged interference from two of the show’s lead actresses — and Shannen Doherty is firing back at the reports she is one of them.

Doherty posted a lengthy Instagram setting the record straight.

“Being a part of tv history is an honor but it also comes with some massive backlash,” she began. “There has been many stories floating around about this show and me. One of the reasons I hesitated to say yes was for this crap. The only thing I’m a control freak over is my health. Trying to stay healthy and positive.”

Original cast members Jennie Garth, Jason Priestley, Shannen Doherty, Ian Ziering, Gabrielle Carteris, Brian Austin Green, and Tori Spelling are also returning for the new series. Luke Perry was not involved before his death on March 4 from a massive stroke. The announcement for BH90210 came in February, almost 19 years after the original series concluded on Fox after being one of the highest-rated shows on the network for all 10 seasons. But Doherty, 48, didn’t sign on until April.

The actress continued, “I realized this morning, that I have a fear of doing what I love because of headlines like this. Not only because there is zero truth to it but because it lessens me and my journey, battle, experience with cancer. Why should I be scared to work? And why aren’t people held accountable for their fabricated stories?”

“I refuse to be cast in the same villain role because “journalists” lack imagination and I certainly refuse to be cheapened as a survivor and as a woman by them,” she added. “Yes, i am a strong woman. I have been thru hell and back. I am compassionate and caring. I’m multi faceted and not someone to be pigeon holed.”

“I am a woman with my own story,” she added. “Please stop trying to tell your wildly inaccurate, exaggerated story of me. I promise… you don’t know me.”

PEOPLE confirms that Paul Scarriotta, who previously worked on shows such as Jane the Virgin and 90210, has been named showrunner of BH90210 with the series’ creators and co-showrunners Chris Alberghini and Mike Chessler. Paul, who has an overall deal with CBS Television Studios, has been on the show’s staff, and a source says things are moving along well behind the scenes.

The trailer for the reboot, which dropped on May 14, has reached 18.4 million cross platform views, becoming the most-viewed trailer among all new series for the 2019-20 season.

Earlier this month, the cast reunited for their first table read, which came two months after original cast member Luke Perry died.

Ziering, 55, who starred as Steve Sanders, shared a photo of the script. “Da na na na…. I think you know how this one goes 😁. Let me hear it people! #90210onfox #90210 #bestfans,” he wrote on Instagram.

BH90210 will premiere on Aug. 7 on Fox.
Old 05-17-2019, 04:36 PM
Master Fan

There are always something happening behind the scenes but hey as long as they get the show up and running that'll be fine by me. If not I wouldn't care less if I'm brutally honest.
Boy I love Shannen, she is incredible
Old 05-17-2019, 04:54 PM
Master Fan

Shannen’s awesome - I love her. Good for her for putting the media in its place and not accepting their lazy version of what is very likely a nothing story. She’s been through too much to just sit back and watch herself being maligned...
Old 05-18-2019, 12:53 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Shannen's response is awesome.

I don't get why it's such a big deal if the actresses interfered that writers and producer quit. These are the people who butchered their characters and their fates in the spin off. Here's some karma

Icon by oth. fan
Old 05-18-2019, 09:30 AM
Master Fan

I found this on Twitter:

Old 05-18-2019, 09:50 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsybelle (View Post)
I found this on Twitter:

Wow. *Mic Drop*

I'm glad Charles Rosin spoke out.
Old 05-19-2019, 02:09 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Well, was anyone confused anyway? It was clear who was hired and fired.

I'm glad he made it clear what he thought about these people though

Icon by oth. fan
Old 05-22-2019, 10:19 AM
Master Fan

Good news!

Quote:
Don’t even worry about watching The CW’s reboot of Beverly Hills, 90210 before tuning into Fox’s upcoming revival of the ’90s series, because Jennie Garth, 47, told HollywoodLife EXCLUSIVELY that they’re going to “pretend” it “never happened”. When we mentioned to Jennie that we had watched both series — both Fox’s original (1990-2000) and The CW’s new series (2008-2013) simply titled 90210, she was quick to say, “We don’t talk about that one.” Even though Jennie appeared in 20 episodes, she told us, “We’re just going to pretend like that never happened.”

“So should we just forget that Kelly and Dylan had a child and Kelly’s mom died?” we asked, referring to plotlines from the reboot that infuriated fans of the original series, and she said, “I think so. I think it’s best if we just let that go.” She continued, “I haven’t had anybody argue me on that yet. I never watched it. I was on a few episodes of it, as you said. But I don’t, yeah, we’re going to move away from that sort of image and go back to the original concept.”
https://hollywoodlife.com/2019/05/21...rth-interview/
Old 05-22-2019, 11:50 AM
Fan Forum Hero

That works for me. I wasn’t a fan of the reboot anyway.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread