Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-18-2010, 05:19 PM
Elite Fan

Yeah, I don't even remember where I found them. I half-thought you were the maker.

And aren't these a few of your early ones, but under 'missclaresanders'? We should change the credit name on the S/Cl thread, lol.

Aside from the banner in the OP now, that's all I got.
Old 01-19-2010, 11:34 AM
Part-Time Fan

yep that's mine 2 old banners I made (and yeah, I'm also a HUGE Clare/Steve lol )

Marine, 23y/o, French. Castle, Without a trace, Roswell, Beverly Hills 90210 lover.
Shipper : Dylan&Gina, Esposito&Lanie, Danny&Elena, Steve&Claire, Castle&Beckett, Valerie&David, Pacey&Audrey, Michael&Maria, Ron&Hermione, Clay&Quinn
Old 01-20-2010, 11:53 AM
Elite Fan

Also made one icon in '07 that I still like, lol:

Old 01-20-2010, 02:22 PM
Part-Time Fan

So cuuute I love this episode. And I was thinking, he pays for her a room and he made the reservation with the name "Mrs Mc Kay"...I don't think he would have done that if he wasn't in love with her, because his wife died and it's a sensitive topic for him...So even if it was for kidding, I don't know...I definitely think she wasn't any girl whom he didn't care about, but she was really important for him.

More Gylan things I just made :

There is no word to explain how much I love themmm !!!

Marine, 23y/o, French. Castle, Without a trace, Roswell, Beverly Hills 90210 lover.
Shipper : Dylan&Gina, Esposito&Lanie, Danny&Elena, Steve&Claire, Castle&Beckett, Valerie&David, Pacey&Audrey, Michael&Maria, Ron&Hermione, Clay&Quinn
Old 01-21-2010, 12:12 AM
Master Fan

Mel, those two D/G banners you posted are precious I wish we knew who made them...

Quote:
Originally Posted by roselynconnection (View Post)
And I was thinking, he pays for her a room and he made the reservation with the name "Mrs Mc Kay"...
Wow, I didn't remember that.
I'm with you, I also think Dylan did care a lot about Gina and he could see a bit of his tormented soul in her. But imo, he was someone carrying so much pain at that point, that it was common for him to hurt people he loved...even though we know he never meant it.

I'll update the OP with some of your arts, Marine And I'll link your video...which is really amazing
Old 01-22-2010, 05:31 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
he pays for her a room and he made the reservation with the name "Mrs Mc Kay"...I don't think he would have done that if he wasn't in love with her, because his wife died and it's a sensitive topic for him
It would've been really interesting had they explored that angle. In the beginning, she at least knew about his grief over Antonia.

He seemed to want her close by, but not quite in his living space, lol.

Old 01-23-2010, 03:56 PM
Part-Time Fan

Yeah he didn't want them to live together ah ah that was funny. I love the " you know how much I'm into you, right?" awww he was cute!!I'm always having doubts about his feelings for her...Because sometimes he was such a bastard with her, and on the other hand, he could be a total sweetheart. My Gylan Fan position makes me think he loved her because I really saw the chemistry and the way he looked at her and even if he cheated on her, he didn't want to leave her, he wanted them to got back together and in the begining of season 10 he was so cute so it's difficult to really see his feelings for her...

Dylan 's behaviour is so mysterious...But I think he was in love with her..the way he looked at her...like he wanted to eat her LOL. but to be honnest, and I don't like the K/D thing, but Dylan also looked at Kelly with ADORABLE eyes. He really had feelings for Kelly too, even if I'm a BrandonKelly shipper I could see it. But he looked at Gina the same way so I'm 100% sure he really cared about her... and when they weren't together anymore, they had a cute friendship, I love the moment where he took her for a limo-drive and he even kissed her in her neck when she's crying like a 6y/o girl!! adorable!!

Here are the pictures of this particular scene :

They are not together anymore in this scene but I love the way he acts with her...so much tenderness...He took her hand and never let it go awwww I'm just so in love with them!

I even remember a quote by Aaron Spelling, saying that Gina was the perfect for Dylan because they were similar, but they were also dangerous because they were poison for each other. But It was a long time ago I 've read that, does this ring a bell to you guys? I hope I didn't dream this quote lol..

Old 01-24-2010, 02:30 PM
Elite Fan

Yeah, well, I've always been of the mindset that Dylan loves very easily, very hard, and often multiple people at once. Even if he's being an ass, and he admits this to Gina several times, he's not proud of it. I don't think he could possibly not care at all about any of the gang, least of all the women he's involved with. He never liked when Gina got hurt.

Can you refresh me on the limo scene?

Quote:
I even remember a quote by Aaron Spelling, saying that Gina was the perfect for Dylan because they were similar, but they were also dangerous because they were poison for each other. But It was a long time ago I 've read that, does this ring a bell to you guys? I hope I didn't dream this quote lol..
No, I know which one you're talking about. I can't seem to find it again, but it was a Vanessa Marcil interview for, I think, one of those Soap Opera Digest magazines. The text was posted on an ancient fansite for the show, lol. I think it was one of the producers, not Aaron Spelling, who was talking. It was a line about how Dylan and Gina have this dynamic where they're continuously drawn to one another, but once they're together they become destructive, and then they're still pulled back in. It was a comment about their "addictive" quality for each other, and overall hot chemistry.
Old 04-17-2010, 03:38 AM
Extreme Fan

GYLAN thread is alive and i am so happy for it!!!
You know, time passed and i looked at those two from a differen corner and found smth that i never noticed before.
Now i will try to explane my thoughts, i hope i woul write it correctly, but if you'll not get my point please ask
so...
all other (may be except Steaveand his wife relationship) couples have their own history, in some point they were stuck in the past. This or that way they all have been connected to each other. But Dylan and Gina don't. Dylan always was a kind of outsider even in first season. He was with the gang but still on his own and that last till the end of the show. He had his own attitudes which most of the time was differnt from what the other think was right to do or else. And also he was gone for a long time so he had his own experience.
Gina came to the gang from other differnt world, wirld of fighting in prof.sport. that thing explain a lot. If we go deeper and have some psyco resarch about the sportist temper we will find out that what seems to be odd to others is normal reaction for a sportwoman.
And they both have their fears, they both were in the gang but somehow out f it too. It was very hard for both of them to be open to each other and they prefered to dance aroun each other rather then make a hard choise and fight to what they have with out taking care what other ang think about it.
Also Dylan tried to rewrite his own past, to delete all that happend to him after he left and the best way to do it was to get back with Kelly.
But nspite of all it, inspite the mistakes that they made, inspite the hurt they caused to each other, they still couldn't let each other go.
I think that Dylan was in love with Gina, but from his past experince he knew, that when he falls to omebody smth bad would happend and he will lose the girl. So he pretendet that it was not serous/

Last edited by playgroundDiaries; 04-17-2010 at 09:54 AM Reason: double post
Old 04-17-2010, 10:03 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
all other (may be except Steaveand his wife relationship) couples have their own history, in some point they were stuck in the past. This or that way they all have been connected to each other. But Dylan and Gina don't. Dylan always was a kind of outsider even in first season. He was with the gang but still on his own and that last till the end of the show. He had his own attitudes which most of the time was differnt from what the other think was right to do or else. And also he was gone for a long time so he had his own experience. [...] they both were in the gang but somehow out f it too. [...] Also Dylan tried to rewrite his own past, to delete all that happend to him after he left and the best way to do it was to get back with Kelly.
I do understand what you're saying, and all of this is what made the scene where they agree to leave town together, fed up with other people's expectations/assumptions about them, resonate. They needed a road trip like no other couple, lol.
Old 04-17-2010, 10:44 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by playgroundDiaries (View Post)
I do understand what you're saying, and all of this is what made the scene where they agree to leave town together, fed up with other people's expectations/assumptions about them, resonate. They needed a road trip like no other couple, lol.
on one hand i do agree with u, but on the other i don't. (BTW sorry for mu english,and my mistatakes with tenses. I was a while since i wrote smt in english, last year i spend speaking french)
I don't because Dylan wasn't ready to move on at that moment, he still needed to make peace with BH, with himself and his past. It will be another running from the ghoasts for him andfor Gina it will be a new start, so it will be not fair for her. But i do think that he shoul join to her later/ I even wrote a funfic aout it/
Old 04-17-2010, 11:02 AM
Elite Fan

Oh no, I can see that. That's how their ending was written on the show, lol (why he stayed and she left). I think temporary road trips could be fun, though.

If you wrote a fic about him coming back to her later, we'd love for you to post it in the FanFic thread (and here, of course). You'll see that the first BH90210 FanFic site on LiveJournal has also been created. It's in another poster's sig.

I see the errors, but I can still read your posts perfectly. Had a lot of international fan posting practice, I guess. If the story is in English and not too long, I'd be happy to do a grammar check if you want to submit it places.
Old 04-17-2010, 11:25 AM
Extreme Fan

The story is in English, ant at that time it was written without mistakes (or at least there were not so many of them) and it is long enough to have some 3 or 4 chapters. I search trough funfictionnet where it used to be published but i can't fin it there anymore(( so just pm me with instruction how to post it here, por i should republish it there and send a new link?

a roadtrip for fun as a common adventure sure fits both of them, but not after her father is dead, i guess that at that moment she could be expecting to much from Dylan even though it supposed to be an easy trip
Old 04-17-2010, 11:46 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I search trough funfictionnet where it used to be published but i can't fin it there anymore(( so just pm me with instruction how to post it here, por i should republish it there and send a new link?
Yeah, I meant just to post a link. If you still have an account with FanFicNet, wouldn't you be able to find it by signing in and looking under the stories you've written? Whether you want to republish is up to you.

Quote:
a roadtrip for fun as a common adventure sure fits both of them, but not after her father is dead, i guess that at that moment she could be expecting to much from Dylan even though it supposed to be an easy trip
God, considering his own background with losing a father, this just reminds me how much they lost the chance to write by having Gina leave. Yes, she'd have a ton of issues to work out.
Old 04-17-2010, 12:05 PM
Extreme Fan

i found it!!!
This one is when in the end he'll come back to Gina, but it starts long before they met.
Lost inside my fears Chapter 1, a Beverly Hills 90210 fanfic - FanFiction.Net
And this one is about he just can't let her go
Stay, a Beverly Hills 90210 fanfic - FanFiction.Net

Oh shame on me, i have almost forgotten about Dylans father death (well i am cheating on MacKay now, with gourgeous,extremally smokie hot doc). So i guess he should be the first person who would tell her that running is not helping! why did the writers did all that bad things to this couple? OK, may be for Gina it wasn't running but at least Dylan would keep in touch with her!
Closed Thread   Post New Thread