Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-14-2020, 12:28 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I'm watching this series for the first time. I'm currently on episode 5 of season 2. It seems like they were really building up a reconciliation between these two. Their moments in the Spring Dance were really good and gave their characters dimension. It felt like they were building them up as two spoiled rich kids who were dealing with issues and had some growing up to do before they forgive and find each other again.
Disappointed that it seems to have never happened, based off spoilers for the rest of the show.
I do think they were rebuiling them on better and more stable grounds, leading to reconciliation. I guess they planned that until late S2, then were instructed to do differently.

Brenda stands alone. Because she can.
Icon by oth. fan
Old 11-22-2020, 11:57 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
I do think they were rebuiling them on better and more stable grounds, leading to reconciliation. I guess they planned that until late S2, then were instructed to do differently.
Ah man it's such a shame because I just watched the episode where Chuckie comes in and tries to ask out Kelly...it was such a Steve X Kelly episode. From Kelly wanting to believe Steve was jealous for her to them reuniting at the dance and her helping him through his adoption journey...You can tell they truly confided and understood each other. I think Kelly did the right thing in taking time to herself but you can tell they truly cared about each other and would find their way back :')
Old 11-26-2020, 04:06 AM
Fan Forum Hero

They were finally making sense of the things they had in common. No more "You're just as defective as I am" like he told her in Spring Dance.

Icon by oth. fan
Old 11-28-2020, 05:55 PM
Part-Time Fan

^ Yeah, it became more positive!

I just finished season 2 and there were so many more moments after that in the following episodes. Steve and Kelly both getting each other Valentine's cards, dancing at the mall expo, small flirtations here and there.

I honestly was shocked that they pulled the "we aren't getting back together, huh?" thing from Steve. It seems weird to give them so many jealous/romantic moments if this was truly supposed to be the end.

My foreshadowing brain is telling me it could have just been a bait and switch on their relationship writing wise because they were planning the Dylan - Kelly - Brenda love triangle in season 3 and had to make room for that. It also doesn't feel like it was supposed to be the end because all the beach promo pics have her paired off with Steve while Donna is with David and Brenda is with Dylan. Like, I know they don't get together down the line in this ten season tv show but it feels like if there was an end, this wasn't it, lol. I feel like it would have to be when there was major production changes.

I think I would believe this was meant to be the end if we didn't get all those romantic scenes between them this season. Maybe some of those scenes were meant to be read as platonic but the ones where both Steve and Kelly get jealous throw me off.

But also, I may just be putting too much thinking into a show that ended twenty years ago, LOL.
Old 11-29-2020, 03:21 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I guess they were going for Kelly/Steve until the very late S2, when they started planning the infamous triangle.

Jennie and Ian had a cute exchange about the show on insta:

Icon by oth. fan
Old 12-03-2020, 04:16 PM
Fan Forum Star

Awww that’s cute!
I am an original”
Old 12-03-2020, 08:13 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Actually, Winston's his first name.
Old 12-04-2020, 08:34 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Good you remember it. I do not remember it even had a name. I guess it's the one we see in Perfectly Perfect?

Funny how this episode with Kelly in distress when everyone's there for her (3.24) parallels 2.25 - Meeting Mr. Pony, a year before, when similar thing happened to Brenda. We also learned the name of Brenda's fave childhood toy that way. It's almost the same order in the season (the 25th in S2, the 24th in S3), and somehow reflects the power shift from Brenda as the lead the audience is supposed to empathize with to Kelly.

Icon by oth. fan
Old 12-04-2020, 06:00 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yes, she had it in the hospital in that episode and then again in S8 again, when she was again in the hospital.

Old 12-05-2020, 02:48 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I see. Some continuity

Icon by oth. fan
Old 12-18-2020, 12:46 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Swipe for all parts:

Icon by oth. fan

Last edited by yulan; 12-19-2020 at 07:04 AM
Old 12-19-2020, 04:31 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

^ Kelly was always very touchy-feely with Steve. I bet the temptation of wanting it to go further almost killed him
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 12-20-2020, 03:56 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
^ Kelly was always very touchy-feely with Steve. I bet the temptation of wanting it to go further almost killed him
Oh, for sure! Although, I think that became touchy-feely with him after it eas assured, and he finally got the message, that they won't get back together. She was not as touchy-feely with him in S1-2 as she was in S4, I think?

I do not see this happening in S1-2, for example. Swipe for all parts:

Icon by oth. fan
Old 12-22-2020, 10:40 AM
Fan Forum Hero

He is so funny here:

Icon by oth. fan
Old 12-22-2020, 09:57 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Cute.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread