Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-15-2020, 07:54 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I agree. I think the Jason/Jennie storyline in these 6 episodes were better most of the BK storylines in S8/S9. It was nice to see a scene with Brandon working again at the Peach Pit.
Old 07-15-2020, 11:22 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I think the Jason/Jennie storyline in these 6 episodes were better most of the BK storylines in S8/S9.
Me too. I liked them on the reboot more than I ever did on the show. (Except for S4, when I really liked them.)

Brenda stands alone. Because she can.
Icon by oth. fan
Old 07-17-2020, 04:42 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

It's difficult to compare to be honest, because in the sense of Jennie and Jason, it was the actors playing heightened versions of themselves whilst also playing up to the awareness that fans still shipped their characters in the original show... So I think the mix of these things plus their years of experience helped their scenes to be more natural than in a soap opera like 90210 where Kelly and Brandon were written in and out of relationships. Plus, the original show went on for far too long and this destroyed a lot of the best things about it because new writers kept coming in and screwing around with characterizations.

In that sense, yes I can understand why people really enjoyed their flow together in the reboot.
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 07-17-2020, 10:10 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I agree. I remember having to tell myself once or twice when I saw the Jason/Jennie scenes that those weren't real. To me, I think Jennie's heightened character reminds me a litle bit of Val. I get that BH90210 has more comedy in it than the original. But when I saw Jennie sleeping with Jason and then hooking up with her bodyguard, I think she gets around.
Old 07-17-2020, 10:52 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
To me, I think Jennie's heightened character reminds me a litle bit of Val.
She was not like Kelly, that's for sure Or she was more like a grown-up version of S1-2 Kelly, but not S3-10, I would say.

But the "heightened" version of Jennie was definitely not like Jennie we know from media either. She is usually represented as meek and nice. Not sarcastic and sassy at all.

I think some of them chose to play "themselves" as they would have liked to be seen by the audience anyway (Tori and Brian), and some chose something completely different (Jennie and Jason, for example).

Icon by oth. fan
Old 07-18-2020, 12:40 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by yulan (View Post)
She was not like Kelly, that's for sure Or she was more like a grown-up version of S1-2 Kelly, but not S3-10, I would say.
That's it. That's much better than me saying she was like Val. S1-S2 seems right to me. Thanks!
Old 07-18-2020, 12:59 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
That's it. That's much better than me saying she was like Val. S1-S2 seems right to me. Thanks!
You're welcome. I do see how she could remind you of Val too, with her open sarcasm. Early Kelly had a lot of it too. But I think she lost it from S3 onwards... except maybe when it was directed at Val

Icon by oth. fan
Old 07-22-2020, 09:41 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

^ I hated season 8 overall BUT I did like the natural thing of Brandon and Kelly settling into a relationship and having chats in bed and stuff.

Quote:
I think some of them chose to play "themselves" as they would have liked to be seen by the audience anyway (Tori and Brian), and some chose something completely different (Jennie and Jason, for example).
Great point I also think they brought things to the show that were playing on the actors' minds ever since the original ended.

I felt that Tori/Brian and Jennie/Jason were giving constant winks to the audience with their couple-y moments, and also like you said, they wanted a chance for viewers to see them in a more refreshing light than how people remember them in the 90's.
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 07-22-2020, 12:13 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Early Kelly had a lot of it too. But I think she lost it from S3 onwards... except maybe when it was directed at Val

Another BK breakup.

https://apple.news/A7AeRNzk0T6OHwIvxj_UyaA
Old 07-23-2020, 12:06 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Icon by oth. fan
Old 07-23-2020, 10:29 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Very cute episode from s7
Old 07-23-2020, 11:04 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Possibly their happiest in S7?

Icon by oth. fan
Old 07-26-2020, 02:02 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I think so.

Old 07-29-2020, 02:15 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

^ I hated that episode

(it's the one a year after the Santa Ana hot springs, where suddenly Brandon is thinking of Emily and Kelly thinks of Dylan. Luckily it's brief but even so, )
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 08-01-2020, 01:35 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
(it's the one a year after the Santa Ana hot springs, where suddenly Brandon is thinking of Emily and Kelly thinks of Dylan. Luckily it's brief but even so, )
I forgot Santa Ana winds were a trigger. I could see why Kelly would be reminded of Dylan, they talked about those winds, but why would Brandon think of Emily? Because those winds cause "temporary insanity"?

S1 and S8 moments with the baby:

Icon by oth. fan
Closed Thread   Post New Thread