Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 07-01-2007, 03:23 AM
Master Fan

Here's the article about Jennie's wedding.

Quote:
InStyle Magazine [April 2001]
"Worth the Wait" by Eleni N. Gage

Candles glowed and roses bloomed when Jennie Garth wed Peter Facinelli. And with friends, family and 90210 castmates nearby, says Garth, "We were surrounded by love."

"Peter cleaned up very nicely," quips Jennie. "He looked so beautiful standing there in his Armani tux and platinum tie." The bride wore a custom-made embroidered gown by Reem Acra.

"To exchange those traditional vows was so powerful. It was hard for me to get the words out, but I did. I can speak through my tears."

"At one point I said to Tiffani, "This is just like an episode of 90210," Jennie Garth's wedding-day observation is apt: Like Tiffani Thiessen, many of Garth's Beverly Hills, 90210 co-stars were among her 210 guests, as was a supporting cast that included her family, groom Peter Facinelli's relatives from New York and Italy, and friends such as Kevin Spacey (who starred with Peter in The Big Kahuna).

For everyone the event offered all the drama and poignancy of a long-awaited season finale: They had been thinking about this moment since Peter and Jennie met in 1995, and the speculation intensified with the birth of their daughter, Luca Bella, in 1997. On January 20, Jennie and Peter finally put an end to the will-they-or-won't-they discussion with what she calls "a picture perfect, sickeningly beautiful, fairy-tale wedding."

The ceremony took place at the mission-style church of Our Lady of Mount Carmel in Montecito, California, in south Santa Barbara. As a string quartet played, eight bridesmaids and a maid of honor walked down the aisle wearing burgundy strapless dresses by Lazaro and lariat necklaces by jeweler Lily Rachel, their gifts from the bride. Next came flower girl Luca Bella, in a dress by Reem Acra, passing petals to guests, because the church doesn't allow anything on the floor. "It was a beautiful ceremony," said Spacey, "and the highlight was when Luca Bella walked down the aisle, handing everyone a petal so seriously."

Then the string quartet began Pachelbel's Canon in Major, and Jennie appeared on the arm of her father, john. She wore a silver-embroidered ivory dress by Reem Acra and custom-made jewelry by Erica Courtney. To compliment the "slightly gothic" feel or her dress, Garth chose a spiky updo and dark red lipstick and nail polish and carried deep red roses.

Presiding over the ceremony was Father Donie Keohane, the priest who taught Jennie's catechism classes as she converted to Peter's faith, Catholicism. Jennie laughed as she and Peter flubbed the timing of their lines, and cried as they exchanged vows. Peter wiped away her tears. "That's what made it unique," she said of the ceremony's unplanned moments. "Those little touches that are just Peter and me."

The couples personalities set the tone for the reception as well. They chose the new Bacara Resort & Spa in Santa Barbara because, Jennie said, "it reminded us of Torrento, the village in Italy where Peter's father was raised," and they left a bottle of wine from local vineyards in each guest's room.

During the Moet & Chandon champagne reception, guests ate antipasti as they inscribed the couple's guest book in silver ink and decorated it with black and white Polaroid's of themselves.

Inside the hall, event designer Jeffrey Best and florist Gordon Morris created a romantic setting using swags of white fabric, masses of red roses, and clusters of candles.

"The feeling was magical," said Jennie The couple entered the ballroom and danced to Sade's "By Your Side," a song that "said all the things we were thinking," she explained.

After their dance, the bride and groom sat down at a "sweetheart table"... for three. The private table, on a raised platform, had chairs for Peter, Jennie and Luca Bella, who gave a blessing before dinner. Reciting her favorite prayer from the children's book Madeline, she whispered: "We love our bread, we love our butter, but most of all we love each other."

Following dinner of mushroom soup, chicken breast or prawns and risotto, the band Soulville, which had played swing music during dinner, swapped their tuxedos for seventies gear and disco. Jennie and Peter danced and reminisced with old friends until after midnight.

Surveying the dance floor, Jason Priestly said, "This couldn't happen to a better couple. Jennie is like a sister to me, and today she'd the most beautiful bride I've ever seen." Guests danced continually, stopping only for a few special moments: Peter's dad playing the accordion, the cutting of the cake, and the tossing of the bouquet, which was caught by Thiessen - on the third try.

(The first throw was nabbed by Ian Ziering, the second by a 5-year-old; both were disqualified.)

Although the wedding felt like a happy ending to many guests, for Peter and Jennie it was a new beginning. "I always thought it was ironic that Jennie and I met filming a movie called An Unfinished Affair," Peter said in his toast. "I want you all to know that the affair is not over -- we're just getting our affairs in order."

"Having the cast from 90210 meant so much to me, because they'll always be a really important part of my life. It was just like old times."

Left: Jennie and Peter with friends and some 90210 alums: Jason Priestley, Vincent Young, Tori Spelling, Richard Ruccolo, Tiffani Thiessen, Nikki and Ian Ziering and Lindsey Price.

The Bacara resort followed Jennie's specifications to make a five-tier white cake with lemon-curd-and-berry filling and buttercream and fondant icings. It was decorated with real roses.

Jennie said, "The feel of the ballroom was sort of angelic. There was something heavenly about it."

|| Hook♥Emma || Rafael♥Jane || Ash♥Michael ||
|| Danny♥Lindsay | Dylan♥Kelly | Alex♥Izzie | Lucky♥Sam | Emett♥Bay ||
| Lucas♥Peyton | Pacey♥Joey | Clark♥Chloe | Jeff♥Ginger | Angel♥Cordy | Charlie♥Kirtsen | Neal♥Sara |

Old 07-01-2007, 03:24 AM
Fan Forum Hero

OMG. *diesfromthecuteness*

HOLY!

The second picture is the cutest one!!!!! Look at her blue toed feet.

OHH! Thanks...reading!
Old 07-01-2007, 03:30 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Friends

Awww, all those pics are awesome

.bian.carsan. Thanks for that article

Whitney Houston

Greatest Voice Of All
Old 07-01-2007, 03:31 AM
Master Fan

You're welcome Mel. Call me Bee.

Aren't they cute? I noticed the toes, too.

| Lucas♥Peyton | Pacey♥Joey | Clark♥Chloe | Jeff♥Ginger | Angel♥Cordy | Charlie♥Kirtsen | Neal♥Sara |

Old 07-01-2007, 03:32 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Hah. YEAH!

My fave part from the article...

Quote:
...and the tossing of the bouquet, which was caught by Thiessen - on the third try.

(The first throw was nabbed by Ian Ziering, the second by a 5-year-old; both were disqualified.)
HA! I'm soo happy she caught it. Hee. SOO FUNNY. IAN!
Old 07-01-2007, 03:43 AM
Master Fan

Ian is too funny...

I am getting quite addicted to Peter/Jennie pics.

Old 07-01-2007, 03:44 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Aww how cute! HEE! LOL I love Ian! Does anyone know why Jennie wasn't at Tiff's wedding? I don't think Ian was either from what I saw in the picture, which is sad but I guess they were some place else?

Old 07-01-2007, 03:46 AM
Master Fan

I don't know the reason. I hope we get some kind of news that they still hang out together...

Old 07-01-2007, 03:51 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Bee, it's cool to be obsessed with them. They are cute!?

Umm...Tiff and Jenn had some kind of fallout...She started the whole family thing...And never got a chance to hang out anymore.
Old 07-01-2007, 03:56 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Really? AHH that makes me so sad:/ I love them! I sincerely hope they are still friends though since Tiff was a bridesmaid at Jen's wedding.

Old 07-01-2007, 04:02 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Well, that was what I heard. Yup...I'm sure they're still friends. No doubt about that. I love them too! Hee. They're one of my real life friend-ships. LOL.
Old 07-01-2007, 04:07 AM
Master Fan

Aww. I'm sure they're still friends. I mean taking care of three kids keeps a girl really busy...

I'm looking for pics and I came across a movie of Jennie's - A Loss of Innocence. Is there any chance I can download that?

Ooh, look at these pics... taken Sep 2006... So cute!

Old 07-01-2007, 04:09 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Oh yeah def mine too. I also love Tori/Jennie/Tiff all together. I'm glad this cast still are such great friends. it's not often when SO many of such a huge cast are still so tight.

Old 07-01-2007, 04:16 AM
Master Fan

Their friendships will last forever. It would be cool to see them all together again soon.

Jennie is truly a hands-on mom.

These were taken early 2007. Thanks to Jennie Fan Sites

Old 07-01-2007, 04:18 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Awww. I saw those before. Man, she was pregnant!!

Oh, yeah! I totally get you, Caro. I mean they usually driff apart but they still keep in touch. I know that Tori and Jennie are still good friends.

I love that she's soo hands on. She'd be a cool mom.