Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 12-03-2007, 08:07 AM
Master Fan

It's a great picture.

I don't mean to be crazy or anything but now that I'm downloading the high quality episodes, I've seen the other couples dance. I honestly think that the song they used in their semifinal tango could have been a factor. That was a song that could erase chemistry between any couple. Sheesh.

|| Hook♥Emma || Rafael♥Jane || Ash♥Michael ||
|| Danny♥Lindsay | Dylan♥Kelly | Alex♥Izzie | Lucky♥Sam | Emett♥Bay ||
| Lucas♥Peyton | Pacey♥Joey | Clark♥Chloe | Jeff♥Ginger | Angel♥Cordy | Charlie♥Kirtsen | Neal♥Sara |

Old 12-03-2007, 08:10 AM
Master Fan

It's a great picture Amy.

I don't mean to sound crazy or anything but having downloaded the high-quality episodes allowed me to watch the other couples dance. I don't see the others being technically better than Jennie at all. The other couples just seem to be more about the wow stuff than the dance. So, I am now thinking that the song they used in their semifinal tango could have been a factor in their elimination. C'mon, that song could eradicate any palpable chemistry between two people dancing. Sheesh. It's a shame 'cause it did look like the choreography was extremely difficult.

Oh well, back to my J/D happy mode. Some cuteness...

|| Hook♥Emma || Rafael♥Jane || Ash♥Michael ||
|| Danny♥Lindsay | Dylan♥Kelly | Alex♥Izzie | Lucky♥Sam | Emett♥Bay ||
| Lucas♥Peyton | Pacey♥Joey | Clark♥Chloe | Jeff♥Ginger | Angel♥Cordy | Charlie♥Kirtsen | Neal♥Sara |

Last edited by .bian.carsan.; 12-03-2007 at 08:18 AM
Old 12-03-2007, 11:26 AM
Loyal Fan

Page Three???? Gahhh!! Where have I been??? I got a lotta catching up to do!!!!!

Great title for the thread!! All thanks to Derek, of course.

ETA: Oh, yay! Y'all used my costume pics!!!

Quote:
I was thinking the same thing Katherine. I mean, I'm sure that Peter is extremely secure but he may have been jealous of the bonding time J/D had. He did say in one interview that Jennie was happy to be eliminated because "now she gets to do the dances with me..." Loved that! Besides, I'm inclined to think he's the jealous type (like most men are) because Jennie did admit that he was a little worried about the whole closeness thing in the beginning but warmed up to Derek himself when they met him. And please, please, please indulge my shippy fantasies as I also tend to agree that Jennie sometimes avoids being too close. Like when she starts rubbing her nose and then starts to pull away... Oh yes, this is the way an obsessed fan thinks. This is getting pretty close to my Jennie/Luke shipping tendencies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingjames23 (View Post)
Jennie/Peter - very cute. But not as cute as Jennie/Derek after seeing most of the clips. I'm on a high from J/D. I miss them too.

Quote:
Hah! I knew I'd have you guys in my shippy corner. It's just that I noticed that about Jennie. Derek did say they were realistic people so I'm sure she's got her head straight about the possibility of these things happening. Even when asked about the Mark-Sabrina romance, she said that she's not surprised because of the long hours of rehearsals and stress they'd have to endure together. I'm still giddy because of how affectionate J/D became with each other. It was in Week 7 (after their romantic dances) where they started to really be comfy with each other. I also think Jennie had no problem imagining Derek as a romantic lead during practices. I bet she just couldn't help but giggle when the cameras were there.

I’ve been there on that ship with you this whole time, Bee! Sometimes, I think I ship Jennie and Derek more than I shipped Jennie with Luke.

1. Jennie Derek
2. Jennie Luke
3. Jennie Peter

I think Peter’s third on my list cuz I know she’s really with him and it’s more fun to ship her with someone else.
Brad Jen
Old 12-03-2007, 01:11 PM
Elite Fan

1. Jennie Peter
2. Jennie Luke
3. Jennie Ian
4. Jennie Derek
5. Jennie Jason

All you Jennie/Jason and Jennie/Ian shippers ... come on down! Damn, 5 people is a lot to ship her with. Though this isn't on par with character-shipping for me. Hee. If she weren't so happily married, I'd definitely have a Luke/Jennie fantasy.
Old 12-03-2007, 01:38 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by playgroundDiaries (View Post)

1. Jennie Peter
2. Jennie Luke
3. Jennie Ian
4. Jennie Derek
5. Jennie Jason

All you Jennie/Jason and Jennie/Ian shippers ... come on down! Damn, 5 people is a lot to ship her with. Though this isn't on par with character-shipping for me. Hee. If she weren't so happily married, I'd definitely have a Luke/Jennie fantasy.
Dude! I totally forgot about Ian and Jason.

Okay, new list for Jennie:
  1. Jennie Derek (I will be on this for quite awhile! )
  2. Jennie Luke
  3. Jennie Peter
  4. Jennie Ian
  5. Jennie Jason
New list for Kelly:
  1. Kelly and Dylan -- 'nuff said!
  2. Kelly and Greg (med student from her rehab phase; damn that Tara!!!)
  3. Kelly and Steve
  4. Kelly and Tom (I loved Kelly giving Valerie a taste of her own medicine!)
  5. Kelly and Brandon
Never really been a fan of Jennie/Jason OR Kelly/Brandon. Esp not now that I'm finally seeing Bn in action with Emma in s8!! Whatta jerk!!!
Brad Jen
Old 12-03-2007, 01:56 PM
Elite Fan

Greg and Tom? Greg?! They rank up there with Colin, Mark, and Matt for me. Which is to say, they don't rank at all.
Old 12-03-2007, 04:33 PM
Master Fan

Ok...

Jeanie/Ian
Jeanie/Luke
Jeanie/Jason
Jeanie/Derek
Jeanie/Peter

And...

Kelly/Steve
Kelly/Dylan
Kelly/Brandon
Old 12-03-2007, 05:23 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Greg and Tom? Greg?! They rank up there with Colin, Mark, and Matt for me. Which is to say, they don't rank at all.

Okay, maybe not Tom, as far as looks go.... I just liked him with Kelly cuz the shoe was finally on Valerie's other foot...

Awww, I thought Greg was cuuute! So preppy and Ivy League-ish. Yum.

Worst non-o.g. character Kelly hookups:
  1. Kelly and Colin
  2. Kelly and Mark
  3. Kelly and Matt
  4. Kelly and Tom
  5. Kelly and Greg
Too bad they didn't hook her up with Cliff the Fireman instead of him with Donna. Now he was cuuuuute.

I just watched the clip of Jennie and Helio backstage at the AMAs. How funny was that with Peter stepping in to check Jennie's dress designer label!!! And then when she said to Helio, "You've seen it before..." I was cracking up so hard!!!!

It's too bad that Derek got sick that time Jennie went to Disneyland with her kids. They were supposed to dance together but he couldn't make it so she ended up dancing with Mickey instead. Mickey's cute but he ain't no Derek...
Brad Jen
Old 12-03-2007, 05:56 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by .bian.carsan. (View Post)
I read over at TWOP that Jennie was interviewed by TV Guide's TV Watercooler. Where could we see that? Apparently she said that as weeks went on Peter wanted her out of the show. Wow! So everyone's speculating that that's where her nerves were coming from. There was pressure everywhere.
I saw that interview on the TVGuide channel this past weekend. I have it on my DVR but I have no frakkin' clue how to upload it to a computer??? Sorry....

Peter's attitude about it was totally irk-worthy, Mel!! I think that was pretty selfish of him, especially considering what Jennie said about Luca being her #1 fan and thinking she was gonna win. Luca was probably really sad her mom got eliminated but Peter wasn't...

See, I kind of had a feeling that Jennie really did want to win -- I mean, why enter a competition and say you didn't really want to win but hoped you'd stay?? If you hope you stay, doesn't that mean you want to win?? And then I wondered why she suddenly felt all this pressure to perform when, from the very first dance, she said she had no nerves, just excitement!! It was just strange to me. But now I guess she just said she didn't want it for Peter's benefit. And the nerves probably came from the pressure to do well on the show AND Peter's sudden lack of support. That jealousy angle is starting to make more sense, LOL! Those darn, hot-blooded Italians....

I did wonder why all of a sudden we no longer saw him in the audience. I think his last appearance was Round 4: Paso Doble, and then he wasn't there for the samba, mambo, the two sexy dances -- rumba and v. waltz. In fact, I don't even remember seeing him until the semis when she got eliminated. But I'll have to check the clips, just to be sure.

Quote:
Jennie also admitted that she knew it was going to be between Helio and her and that PR was key so I guess that's why she looked a bit upset at times when judges didn't push for her.
Yeah, I think so, too. Otherwise, why would 20/20 have aired that special on Derek and Julianne? I can't remember if it was before or after Sabrina got eliminated, but I think the show wanted a Hough Sibling Showdown, but the judges wanted Mel and Helio in the finale instead. They didn't think Jennie could pull it off despite the fact that Jennie's dances were some of the best on the show due to Derek's choreography.

Did you guys see the DWTS special on Larry King Live with Carrie Ann, Bruno, Samantha and the 3 finalists? Mario was the guest host and during one segment, he called the judges out on overscoring some of the couples. Samantha, bless her heart, said, "It's obvious by their scoring who the judges want in the final..." You go, girl!!

And then Carrie-Ann tried to cover it up by saying they judge based on how they were personally affected by the dance; if they didn't feel it deserved a 10, they weren't gonna give one out. Yeah, right. That's why Marie got a 29 in the semis for her quickstep and then suddenly she dropped to 22 and 24??? Puh leeze. They were making sure she scored low enough so that her fan vote didn't end up eliminating either Mel or Helio.
Brad Jen

Last edited by SMUSH; 12-03-2007 at 06:05 PM
Old 12-03-2007, 06:08 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
So preppy and Ivy League-ish. Yum.
Yuck.

You know who Greg reminds me of? Jeff. The other doctor-like guy she dates for like one episode in S8, still in a 'still in love with Brandon' context.

Quote:
Too bad they didn't hook her up with Cliff the Fireman
Aaaah! LOL. It gets worse.

Quote:
It's too bad that Derek got sick that time Jennie went to Disneyland with her kids. They were supposed to dance together but he couldn't make it so she ended up dancing with Mickey instead.
Aww , I didn't know that.

Btw, what does "non-o.g." mean? Then maybe I'll have a list.

EDIT: What's with the dp's? Now we're out of sync. I can see you're still catching up ...
Old 12-03-2007, 06:13 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Aaaah! LOL. It gets worse.
Well, at least we know we'd never fight over the same guy, Mel.

Quote:
Aww , I didn't know that.
Me, neither. I heard it on Access Hollywood or one of those rag shows. I thought it was a little weird that she'd promote her dancing all by herself.

But then part of me also thought maybe she just wanted some alone time with her kids.

Quote:
Btw, what does "non-o.g." mean? Then maybe I'll have a list.
Non-original.

Quote:
EDIT: What's with the dp's? Now we're out of sync. I can see you're still catching up ...
I know... I'm totally in catch-up mode and am not thinking clearly. I was quoting with reply but meant to preview the post and add to my other post, not submit the reply. oops....

Too fogged with Jennie and Derek on the brain.
Brad Jen

Last edited by SMUSH; 12-03-2007 at 06:28 PM
Old 12-03-2007, 06:24 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Well, at least we know we'd never fight over the same guy, Mel.
I guess that's true. Unless he happens to be a McKay.

Quote:
But then part of me also thought maybe she just wanted some alone time with her kids.
Yeah, that's what it was supposed to be, according to Jennie and the way they packaged it.

Quote:
And then I wondered why she suddenly felt all this pressure to perform when, from the very first dance, she said she had no nerves, just excitement!
That IS interesting. Though I'm pretty sure Peter was in the audience for the Rumba and at least one other dance in between the Paso and the Semifinals. I can definitely see Jennie's words to the press being influenced by Peter, but I wouldn't say he withdrew his support. Observe:

Old 12-03-2007, 06:35 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
I guess that's true. Unless he happens to be a McKay.
True dat!!

Quote:
That IS interesting. Though I'm pretty sure Peter was in the audience for the Rumba and at least one other dance in between the Paso and the Semifinals.
I don't remember seeing Peter during the rumba, only Jennie's mom and -- was that her sister? The one that kept whistling and clapping when Jennie and Derek did the fist pump???

Quote:
I can definitely see Jennie's words to the press being influenced by Peter, but I wouldn't say he withdrew his support. Observe:

Ahhh.... but wasn't this the semis?.... Peter was ecstatic and clapping so hard cuz 1) he was proud of Jennie and 2) he knew there was no way in hell her fan base could outdo Marie...

Quote:
And please, please, please indulge my shippy fantasies as I also tend to agree that Jennie sometimes avoids being too close. Like when she starts rubbing her nose and then starts to pull away... Oh yes, this is the way an obsessed fan thinks. This is getting pretty close to my Jennie/Luke shipping tendencies.....

Oh! Bee, I completely forgot to address this particular observation...

I noticed that, too. Especially when they got a perfect score in the cha cha cha... remember? Derek picked her up and twirled her around and (this is the workings of my obsessed fan mind ) she kind of hitches her left leg onto his hip, like she's gonna wrap her legs around him, but suddenly thinks better of it and then pushes on his arm so he could put her down.

I mean, I guess I really can’t blame Peter if he was a little bit or a lotta bit jealous. Cuz Derek and Jennie were pretty touchy feely with each other... he he he.... Like I said, none of the other couples – aside from Helio’s and Julianne’s staged kiss – were like that with each other. If Derek and Jennie had done that Quickstep routine, complete with kiss, I think I would have , then , then
Brad Jen
Old 12-03-2007, 06:56 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Peter was ecstatic and clapping so hard cuz 1) he was proud of Jennie and 2) he knew there was no way in hell her fan base could outdo Marie...
Ah, you're terrible!

Quote:
Derek picked her up and twirled her around and (this is the workings of my obsessed fan mind ) she kind of hitches her left leg onto his hip, like she's gonna wrap her legs around him, but suddenly thinks better of it and then pushes on his arm so he could put her down.
I'm gonna have to rewatch that. While capping (or even kinda not), it almost looked to me like they were gonna share a nice platonic kiss like some other dance couples do (I think it was Cha Cha #2 as well), and then Jennie turns her head around.
Old 12-03-2007, 07:35 PM
Master Fan

I don't think Peter would be jealous of Derek. How is old is Derek? Is he even 21? He is a young boy. He is cute and all but Jennie and her husband are grown people. To me, Jennie and Derek were like sister and brother.

Quote:
Yeah, that's what it was supposed to be, according to Jennie and the way they packaged it.
Huh? So, she did want to leave or she didn't? I'm confused...