Moderator of ...
Phoebe Tonkin

Thanks for the welcome.

{taek su mi sun}
Old 01-22-2014, 11:41 AM
Master Fan

Name: Valentina
Birthday: 29/05
Since what year have you been watching? Late 90s, I think.
Do you own any of the DVDs? Yes
What’s your favorite couple? Dylan/Brenda
Favorite character? Mmh... I must go with Dylan.
Least favorite character? I don't know, I don't think I have one.
Favorite scene? I don't know this either, I'll just have to say any of the Dylan/Brenda scenes.
Favorite season? 1-2
What made you a 90210 fan? I'm not sure, I was like 9 or 10 when I started, I just remember I loved it. I've been rewatching it (I'm currently on season 2) and that's why I'm here.

valentina
tumblr twitter
Old 01-22-2014, 02:18 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Phoebe Tonkin

Welcome Valentina.

{taek su mi sun}
Old 01-22-2014, 07:19 PM
Fan Forum Star

Welcome Valentina, I'm Colleen, please let me know if you have any questions!
I am an original”
Old 01-22-2014, 10:08 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Hi Valentina. I'm Rachel.
Old 02-12-2014, 07:25 PM
Elite Fan

Welcome, Valentina!

Quote:
I'm not sure, I was like 9 or 10 when I started
Yeah, that's totally the age when it gets you.
Old 04-24-2014, 05:23 PM
Part-Time Fan

hi :D
it's kind of weird to post here now but I honestly noticed this topic only a few days ago :P
so here goes nothing:

Name: Martin
Birthday: June 12
Since what year have you been watching? hmm... around 1995? not sure exactly to be honest.. but I did start with pretty much the first episode :) and it was more than one episode per week cause I remember finishing my first 'round' in like 2-3 years (and it was only 7 seasons back then)
Do you own any of the DVDs? yes :D I watched some random episode on TV a few months ago and I was like 'omg I haven't seen this show in like 8 years I gotta rewatch this'... so I bought them all the next day :P and I went through all of them (well almost - I couldn't get through seasons 9 and 10) in the next two months :P
What’s your favorite couple? I have 4 favourites but B/K stands on top of my list :)
Favorite character? I like many of them but considering I couldn't bare to watch seasons 9 and 10 I have to say Brandon...
Least favorite character? time to make some enemies I guess :P my least favourite is... Dylan :o
I mean come on - he's a dude, a 'bad boy', filthy rich to boot and yet he's the whiniest character of all :P I liked him in seasons 1 and 6 but hated him in the rest of the series...
Favorite scene? I'm weird when it comes to this... it's the same thing with whatever I watch - my favourite 'scenes' are not really 'scenes' as most people see them - I'm a sucker for tiny expressions that I notice from actors ;)
so I've always had a few of my favourites from the show, but after watching the whole lot a few weeks back there was a moment that I've never noticed before and so this tiny smirk became my absolute favourite:

Favorite season? every season has a storyline that I dislike so there's no 'perfect' one for me, the closest one would be season 4 (though even there I hated the whole 'let's swindle Dylan' plot - I mean it relied on the premise that Dylan would get greedy; yet he never showed that trait up to that moment, so how could you base the whole con on that premise?)
What made you a 90210 fan? not sure to be honest I guess all the drama? :D I liked B/D but I wasn't a _huge_ fan so it wasn't the couples (at least not in season 1 - and I was hooked on the show even then)... yups must have been all the drama :P or maybe the chemistry between the actors...? or maybe all of it together? :)

wow this became long... do I get like a reward for the most boring introduction ever? :D
Old 04-24-2014, 06:33 PM
Elite Fan

Believe it or not, not the longest introduction ever, lol.

Quote:
I watched some random episode on TV a few months ago and I was like 'omg I haven't seen this show in like 8 years I gotta rewatch this'... so I bought them all the next day and I went through all of them (well almost - I couldn't get through seasons 9 and 10) in the next two months
True, S9-10 are not great. But seeing as you bought them, might as well. How long did it take you to re-watch S1-8? You must be on a high.

Wow, I don't think I've ever met someone who hated Dylan, and for non-triangle reasons. I think I might even ship this whininess you speak of, LOL.
Quote:
I'm weird when it comes to this... it's the same thing with whatever I watch - my favourite 'scenes' are not really 'scenes' as most people see them - I'm a sucker for tiny expressions that I notice from actors
That's not weird at all. Little expressive moments like the one above really stay with us, especially if they're from favorite characters. That's actually one of mine as well. Pretty much because the scene made me sick with emotion when I first watched it.

That might be a cool little challenge - favorite 90210 moments that last 5 sec or less.
Old 04-24-2014, 06:52 PM
Fan Forum Star

Welcome again! Great introduction.
I am an original”
Old 04-24-2014, 09:40 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for doing the intro, Martin!
Old 04-25-2014, 04:02 PM
Part-Time Fan

well first of all thank you for the warm welcome ;)
and now a few more bits and pieces...

Quote:
Originally Posted by playgroundDiaries (View Post)
Believe it or not, not the longest introduction ever, lol.
ouch and here I was thinking I was special :P

Quote:
True, S9-10 are not great. But seeing as you bought them, might as well. How long did it take you to re-watch S1-8? You must be on a high.
I tried... but after Jason left I was dealth with another one-two punch a couple episodes later with Tiffani leaving (I knew she left at some point but I didn't know it was so quickly) and my 'favourite' character coming back and I just couldn't do it :P I watched both of the seasons' finales and they didn't make me want to watch the rest >.>
also a little rant - couldn't they have made some interesting storyline for Bran+Val leaving? cause the way they did it was HORRIBLE imho... they both should've left together after some event - would've made more sense to me...
so yeah I might give the last two seasons a try sometime in the future but not anytime soon I don't think :o
and like I said it took me around 2 months to watch the 8 (and a bit) seasons ;) I had a week off during that time and I spammed the episodes like mad during that time :D

Quote:
Wow, I don't think I've ever met someone who hated Dylan, and for non-triangle reasons. I think I might even ship this whininess you speak of, LOL.
yay so I AM special :D
and yeah sorry to all the Dylan fans but I _hated_ his constant whining... I mean talk about mood swings:
'oh noes Jim was mean to me lemme run away and cry some'... 'oh noes I was carjacked I gotta be SUPERemo about it while Brenda dealt with a robbery at gunpoint like a champ + Kelly dealt with being shot during a carjacking just fine'...
ok I should stop now I realise most people are in Dylan's corner and I could whine about his whining all day long :P

Quote:
That might be a cool little challenge - favorite 90210 moments that last 5 sec or less.
well I'm guessing most people would be too lazy to find those unless they already have some in their memory bank haha :D
but yes I would have quite a lot of those :)
Old 05-04-2014, 04:40 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
they both should've left together after some event - would've made more sense to me...
Not a bad idea at all. Maybe something to do with Jim and Cindy (another baby?) and then they get stuck in China.
Old 05-05-2014, 05:07 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Not a bad idea at all. Maybe something to do with Jim and Cindy (another baby?) and then they get stuck in China.
ohhh cool idea although then the crew wouldn't really be able to 'say goodbye to them' (since the trip wouldn't suppose to be long term)...?
maybe Jim or Cindy get really sick and the _whole_ family wants to be together (that would make for some sideplot with Val+Bran talking about how she's part of the family and all)?

well I know what my plot would be but it would prolly be unpopular - I'd simply get Val+Bran together but they would need to 'get away from everybody' to give it a try ;) yeah I always hoped for that one to happen :D

meh - should've, would've, could've... too late now anyway >.>
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top