Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-23-2018, 01:29 PM
Part-Time Fan

The show lost something without Dylan, but at the same time he was like Andrea; his story had gone totally in a direction opposite the rest of the gang.

I did like his shorter storyline in season 6 better than any storyline he had in season 5.

As for couples, I rooted for Donna/David to get back together in season 6, and really loved Steve/Clare and Dylan/Toni; I also liked that they put Brenda/Dylan back together in the finale.

There's not a single season 5 couple I liked, whether they got together that season, or were a holdover from another season.
Old 03-24-2018, 01:43 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Dylan did gradually distance himself from the gang. I did not like his S5 storylines, but I did like some of his lines. A lot.

Quote:
As for couples, I rooted for Donna/David to get back together in season 6, and really loved Steve/Clare and Dylan/Toni; I also liked that they put Brenda/Dylan back together in the finale.
I liked Valerie/David, Steve/Clare, Dylan/Toni, Brandon/Susan, of course I was happy about Brenda/Dylan reunion. I could even deal with Kelly/Colin (in the beginning) and Donna/Joe, although I did not really care.

Brenda stands alone. Because she can.
Icon by oth. fan
Old 03-24-2018, 04:50 AM
Part-Time Fan

I liked parts of Dylan's addiction fallout in season 5. There were some great scenes from that, like Dylan almost shooting Brandon, and the intervention.

I found Donna/Joe to be as dull as tepid tap water. I couldn't stand Susan and Brandon with her. Their entire relationship basically felt like what they would've written if high school Brandon and Andrea got together, except they had no chemistry.

Colin and Kelly I was fine with, but I wasn't a fan or anything. I actually think Colin had more chem with Val, and they should've kept him around for her.

I forgot about David/Val. I don't care about them romantically, but I do like the bond they share. Val was never as vulnerable with anyone as she was with him (and Brandon).

Speaking of which, I don't understand why they ended season 5 with that Brandon/Val kiss and didn't go anywhere with it in season 6. I hate when 90210 did stuff like that. Like why didn't they ever go with Steve/Andrea? What was the point of having them make out in season 1 and not ever follow that up?
Old 03-25-2018, 02:16 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Hmmm, I might comment on this in S6 thread, maybe it's not apt here. There was no Andrea in S6, except in the finale.

Icon by oth. fan
Old 03-25-2018, 02:16 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Hmmm, I might comment on this in S6 thread, maybe it's not apt here. There was no Andrea in S6, except in the finale.

Icon by oth. fan
Old 03-25-2018, 10:48 PM
Part-Time Fan

Speaking of which I loved Andrea's guest appearance in season 6. She looked so different with the leaner body and hair cut, and they finally got her clothes just right.

But what I loved the most was how happy the gang was to see her, especially Steve. He was on cloud 9 having the Chief back. I also loved how close her and Kelly seemed, and seeing her hanging out at the Goo Goo Dolls party with Kel, David and Donna.

The Brandon/Andrea scenes were interesting. There seemed to be some distance there on Bran's part, at first. He wasn't as open with her about issues with Susan as I think he'd normally be. I mean it's odd that Kelly would tell her everything, while Brandon avoided details.

The writers for her season 8 return got the Andrea/Brandon relationship down perfectly.
Old 03-26-2018, 02:03 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I was glad that she was happy in S6 appearance. S8 thing left me a bit bitter. She contemplated leaving school and the 90210ers have already graduated. it felt unfair and we never heard what happened. But when she appeared in S10 she seemed alright, so I assume she did graduate etc. But we could have got a bit on her background in S10.

Icon by oth. fan
Old 03-27-2018, 06:01 AM
Part-Time Fan

The other 90210ers graduated with a 4 year Bachelors degree. Andrea did too. In fact, she left university before the gang, which means she likely got her bachelors degree in 96.

Andrea dropped out of medical school, not undergrad. The rest of them didn't even get that far.
Old 03-27-2018, 06:06 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Actually I don't think Andrea ever graduate (or at least not while the show was still on). She dropped out of school as indicated in S8.
Old 03-27-2018, 06:12 AM
Fan Forum Star

You mean from her medical school yes that´s true.
~My top ships:Brennan/Booth, Amy/Sheldon, Penny/Leonard, Angela/Hodgins, Gabrielle/Carlos, Piper/Leo, Buffy/Angel, Willow/Tara, Spike/Drusilla, Wesley/Fred, Janet/Steve, Clare/Steve, Kelly/Brandon, Kira/Odo, Ezri/Bashir, Jadzia/Worf, Troi/Riker, Hannah Caleb, Spencer/Toby, Bree/Trip~Thanks for 12 years of TBBT!~Aspie~ big Sheldon Cooper Fan~ Team Shannen and Holly~Icon by Code Green~I don´t care what complete strangers think of me because I don´t know them at all ~
Old 03-27-2018, 06:40 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Ah, cool, I thought her medical school was her undergrad.

Btw, did you guys find it weird that ex-classmates would be so excited to see Andrea and cheer for her at S8 reunion? Not her friends, but the others. I thought it was really weird and lame. She was never popular, and I'm sure there were people more successful than her, and somebody who finished a prestigious school. These were rich kids from Beverly Hills, quite materialistic I suppose. Why would they all of a sudden be so impressed by her hypothetical academic success?

Icon by oth. fan
Old 03-27-2018, 06:51 AM
Fan Forum Star

Mmh I thought it was a little sad that she dropped out there.
~My top ships:Brennan/Booth, Amy/Sheldon, Penny/Leonard, Angela/Hodgins, Gabrielle/Carlos, Piper/Leo, Buffy/Angel, Willow/Tara, Spike/Drusilla, Wesley/Fred, Janet/Steve, Clare/Steve, Kelly/Brandon, Kira/Odo, Ezri/Bashir, Jadzia/Worf, Troi/Riker, Hannah Caleb, Spencer/Toby, Bree/Trip~Thanks for 12 years of TBBT!~Aspie~ big Sheldon Cooper Fan~ Team Shannen and Holly~Icon by Code Green~I don´t care what complete strangers think of me because I don´t know them at all ~
Old 03-27-2018, 08:04 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by heyitsrachel (View Post)
Actually I don't think Andrea ever graduate (or at least not while the show was still on). She dropped out of school as indicated in S8.
Kelly said that Andrea got early admission to medical school. Which means she graduated undergrad. You can't go to Yale medical school having not graduated with a bachelors degree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yulan (View Post)
Btw, did you guys find it weird that ex-classmates would be so excited to see Andrea and cheer for her at S8 reunion? Not her friends, but the others. I thought it was really weird and lame. She was never popular, and I'm sure there were people more successful than her, and somebody who finished a prestigious school. These were rich kids from Beverly Hills, quite materialistic I suppose. Why would they all of a sudden be so impressed by her hypothetical academic success?
I didn't think Andrea was unpopular. She was the editor of the school paper, best friends with the coolest gang in school, Valedictorian and her classmates voted her "most likely to succeed" along with Brandon. Senior superlatives are given out by your fellow students, and you have to be well known and popular enough to win them.
Old 03-27-2018, 08:16 AM
Master Fan

She was definitely voted more likely to succeed and yes the popular crowd did eventually warm to her but that may have something to do with being close friends with Brandon. Without Brandon, I don't think she would have mingled with the popular crowd tbh
Kelly, Dylan, Steve warmed to her - in fact Kelly became quite close to Andrea in later seasons
Old 03-27-2018, 08:45 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Well, I did not know their S3 victories in senior poll convincing either I mean, in a school full of kids of celebrities, aspiring actors, models etc. exactly editors of school newspaper get to be voted the most likely to succeed? It was a really, really long stretch.

Icon by oth. fan
Closed Thread   Post New Thread