Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 08-09-2017, 10:01 AM
Dedicated Fan

Old 08-09-2017, 11:11 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
I have more than one... Blasting Kelly and Dylan when they tell her about the summer, "If it looks like a duck..." (although she's nasty there), "and our legs to uncross",
How could I forget that iconic smackdown?! *slaps self* I prefer the latter Peach Pit exchange though.

Quote:
Oh, and in Home and Away when she tells Brandon he is great in solving problems he created at the first place
I don't remember that! I do remember her outburst at Dylan about why everyone thought they knew what was best for others or something, which I found sort of strange. Where did her ire stem from?

Quote:
I don't love that scene, for those reasons you mentioned. I do love how she tells him she hopes it was his worst year and he would never have such a bad year again. I just wish he told the same. It was not exactly easiest year for her, Dylan!
My biggest qualm with that scene though is that it wouldn't have existed had Dylan not reluctantly allowed Steve to dance with Kelly. I'm doubtful he would've sought her out otherwise. I was so embarrassed for her that ep, lol.

Quote:
There weren't a lot of fun storylines in that season tho. They never really regained that feeling of the gang hanging out, having fun as teen friends (like in Things To Do On A Rainy Day – just rewatched that ep and it's one of the best) Suddenly they were all 'grown up', didn't need parental guidance and were more soapy like Melrose
There weren't but I still enjoyed most of them. I think I actually preferred that.
Old 08-09-2017, 12:37 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Cute edit!

Quote:
I prefer the latter Peach Pit exchange though.
Hm, which one? I only remember "Our legs to uncross"

Quote:
My biggest qualm with that scene though is that it wouldn't have existed had Dylan not reluctantly allowed Steve to dance with Kelly. I'm doubtful he would've sought her out otherwise. I was so embarrassed for her that ep, lol.
I was too, but then I somehow just stopped being. She was cool, doesn't matter the others were whatever. I was embarrassed for her date first and foremost, and then for Dylan coming to dance with her after Steve took Kelly. But it made sense. Kelly would have got MAD otherwise, I mean had he left her to dance with Brenda, and it would have been improper anyway.

Quote:
There weren't but I still enjoyed most of them. I think I actually preferred that

I preferred early, less soapy seasons. There were many soaps around, and they handled soapiness better.

Brenda stands alone. Because she can.
Icon by oth. fan
Old 08-10-2017, 12:21 PM
Obsessed Fan

The first one! I'm not sure I've ever seen it before.

Quote:
Hm, which one? I only remember "Our legs to uncross"
Yeah, it occurred at the Peach Pit.

Quote:
I was too, but then I somehow just stopped being. She was cool, doesn't matter the others were whatever. I was embarrassed for her date first and foremost, and then for Dylan coming to dance with her after Steve took Kelly. But it made sense. Kelly would have got MAD otherwise, I mean had he left her to dance with Brenda, and it would have been improper anyway.
Meh, I guess. I ultimately wish she would've just pulled an Andrea at the Spring Dance and strolled in solo at the last minute. She could've gone straight into the restroom to see if she looked okay, get pulled into the stall by Kelly like the scene originally played out, and spend all of prom there since that's the only Brenda scene I liked.

Quote:
I preferred early, less soapy seasons. There were many soaps around, and they handled soapiness better.
I didn't mean the soapiness. I meant the grown-up/non-parental guidance. I liked seeing them more self-reliant and independent.
Old 08-10-2017, 12:40 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I ultimately wish she would've just pulled an Andrea at the Spring Dance and strolled in solo at the last minute. She could've gone straight into the restroom to see if she looked okay, get pulled into the stall by Kelly like the scene originally played out, and spend all of prom there since that's the only Brenda scene I liked.
Sound good to me.

Quote:
I didn't mean the soapiness. I meant the grown-up/non-parental guidance. I liked seeing them more self-reliant and independent.
I see. That is a better concept in theory, but I am not sure I liked how they handled the transition. I mean, I did not miss Jim and Cindy's portion of screentime for sure.

Gorgeous Shannen:

Icon by oth. fan
Old 08-10-2017, 12:54 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by yulan (View Post)
Cute edit!
Right?

Quote:
me too. Suddenly it was Teen Melrose and it's like there was no transition — tonal whiplash.

Edit: that second pic is really good of her

Old 08-11-2017, 12:55 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Love that art!

With Simon Le Bon from Duran Duran:

Icon by oth. fan
Old 08-11-2017, 02:20 AM
Obsessed Fan

That's probably my fave Shannen event ever. The black leather, the choker, the raven- entire ensemble screams quintessential early 90's edgy/badass/gothic chic. Also, love the red tint to her hair in third to last.

Quote:
I do remember her outburst at Dylan about why everyone thought they knew what was best for others or something, which I found sort of strange. Where did her ire stem from?
I went back and re-watched, and saw it was about Kelly's dad showing up. And I guess it wasn't an outburst since she wasn't necessarily angry in the exchange.

Last edited by loveslullaby; 08-11-2017 at 12:56 PM
Old 08-11-2017, 06:13 AM
Fan Forum Star

Love the Brenda fanart
~My top ships:Brennan/Booth, Amy/Sheldon, Penny/Leonard, Angela/Hodgins, Gabrielle/Carlos, Piper/Leo, Buffy/Angel, Willow/Tara, Spike/Drusilla, Wesley/Fred, Janet/Steve, Clare/Steve, Kelly/Brandon, Kira/Odo, Ezri/Bashir, Jadzia/Worf, Troi/Riker, Hannah Caleb, Spencer/Toby, Bree/Trip~Thanks for 12 years of TBBT!~Aspie~ big Sheldon Cooper Fan~ Team Shannen and Holly~Icon by Code Green~I don´t care what complete strangers think of me because I don´t know them at all ~
Old 08-11-2017, 07:16 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Love that art!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackWhiteRose (View Post)
Love the Brenda fanart
Me too! If it's a thing, I vote for it for the OP!

Quote:
With Simon Le Bon from Duran Duran
Class pic.
Old 08-11-2017, 11:54 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
That's probably my fave Shannen event ever. The black leather, the choker, the raven- the ensemble screams quintessential early 90's edgy/badass/gothic chic. Also, love the red tint to her hair in third to last.
She looked great.

Quote:
I went back and re-watched, and saw it was about Kelly's dad showing up. And I guess it wasn't an outburst since she wasn't necessarily angry in the exchange.
good

Icon by oth. fan
Old 08-11-2017, 12:58 PM
Obsessed Fan

Not big on the overplucked s4 brows.
Old 08-11-2017, 05:05 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Great caps!
Old 08-11-2017, 08:49 PM
Obsessed Fan

Heather Duke and her red scrunchie has returned!

Quote:
Was back on set today. It's been a rough two years. Fighting cancer. As an actor, people bench you. They assume you're to weak, not able etc etc. and yet it's something like work that invigorates and renews strength to conquer the unimaginable beast. I compared myself to a car today. That vintage Shelby that's been in the garage too long. It's still a great car. The best. Just needs time for the engine to warm up and it's good to go. Performing like it's supposed to. I'm grateful for today. Grateful for everyday. Thank you @heathers for letting me play and be someone else today. Great crew, great writers, great cast, great show, great director. #paramountnetwork2018
Old 08-11-2017, 09:06 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Alright! I'm very happy for her!
Closed Thread   Post New Thread