Old 01-27-2018, 06:04 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

OMG this couple deserves more love

One of the hottest couples ever in the show, their chemistry was insanely good

Quote:
Originally Posted by yulan (View Post)
Indeed. That would also be a nice goodbye for Dylan.

I guess she was actually killed off not just for dramatic purposes, but to open possibility for Dylan's reunion with Brenda.

Toni's death should have been Dylan's final goodbye. They brought him back in Season 9 and it ruined everything. That said, I was done with the show after Season 7.

Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 01-29-2018, 03:30 AM
Master Fan

I love them - for me after Brenda, Toni was great for him. A girl like Toni was just the tonic he needed. Love the wedding pic
Old 01-31-2018, 07:18 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopManKing (View Post)
I love them - for me after Brenda, Toni was great for him. A girl like Toni was just the tonic he needed.

I loved Dylan and Brenda up until Season 3. Rumor has it that Luke requested more scenes with Jennie (I think he was having some off-screen issues with Shannen) and it really shows because the way Dylan breaks up with Brenda to be with Kelly is so nasty and out of character. The way he said "because we OWE it to you, Bren" was so condescending and it really turned me off their relationship, sadly.

Toni came along and it restored my faith in Dylan. He was devoted to her and I love how even though their relationship began for the wrong reasons (he was obsessed with revenge on her father), he genuinely falls in love with her and works hard to prove to her that his feelings are real.

Quote:
Love the wedding pic

The wedding episode is so conflicting. It's deeply romantic yet utterly heartbreaking.

The simplicity of Toni going out to find their kitten and THAT'S what leads to her death is extremely sad.
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 01-31-2018, 09:25 AM
Master Fan

Dylan went down after going with Kelly. Yes I liked his good moments with Brenda in S3 and S4, and yes he was better with Toni...just couldn't stand him at all with Kelly. People say Dylan has commitment issues, well the proof is there that given the right person, he will marry her (Toni) - and that's coming from a BD fan. But I do think in the end if Shannen stayed that they will get married but I wonder why writers actually didn't marry Dylan and Kelly at the end
Old 01-31-2018, 10:09 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

The final two seasons of 90210 don't even feel like the same show

Everyone is out of character, everyone is bland, Luke Perry looks like he's walked onto the wrong set by accident... Let's be real, he doesn't work if Jason Priestley isn't on the show. His very first scene in Season 1 was with Jason. The two of them had an irreversible friendship. Why on earth would Dylan go back to Beverly Hills after all the trauma he experienced there? It made no sense.

Also, I find it demeaning to Dylan and Toni's marriage that he ended up back in the same town that she was murdered. When he leaves in Season 6, he is clearly a broken shell of a man. How would returning there be of help to him? Especially given that Brandon had left town and he was the ONLY one who Dylan ever talked to about his heartbreak over Toni.
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 01-31-2018, 03:09 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I guess it's good that Toni died, actually. otherwise they would have ruined her character in order to make Kelly one and only for Dylan.

Or maybe she would have been regular, had Luke stayed on the show.

Brenda stands alone. Because she can.
Icon by oth. fan
Old 01-31-2018, 04:27 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

I agree, I think they would have fallen back to old patterns and had Dylan regain conflicted feelings for Kelly, just like Season 5.

At least this way, his relationship with Toni remains sacred "Till death us do part."
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 02-01-2018, 07:55 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I agree, I think they would have fallen back to old patterns and had Dylan regain conflicted feelings for Kelly, just like Season 5.

I mean, maybe they would not have. it was boring to have both main guys swoon for one girl for a long time. Perhaps they could have made Toni a regular and pair her up with Dylan happily in a long run.

Icon by oth. fan
Old 02-01-2018, 08:24 AM
Master Fan

I would have preferred Toni to be a regular cast member and make Dylan be with her (if Shannen never came back)
Old 02-01-2018, 09:18 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah. Shannen/Brenda is my first choice, but I'd be fine with her too.

Icon by oth. fan
Old 02-01-2018, 11:59 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I like that idea, mike
Old 02-01-2018, 01:06 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Icon by oth. fan
Old 02-01-2018, 10:39 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Old 02-02-2018, 01:46 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

She was so much fun! And I loved Dylan's face in that motorcycle scene. He was like, "Woah... Who IS this girl?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by yulan (View Post)
I mean, maybe they would not have. it was boring to have both main guys swoon for one girl for a long time. Perhaps they could have made Toni a regular and pair her up with Dylan happily in a long run.

Sadly, I feel as if the 90210 writers didn't know how to write couples as being with each other for longer than half a season. They always added these stupid love triangles and had people cheat on each other. It grossed me out and sent a totally false impression of what love should be.

Toni was such a lovely person, and really fun. Dylan genuinely had no issues with her. The only problem they had was her father, and that was in no way Toni's fault.

Ironically, the thing that brought them together (Dylan's conflict with her father) was the thing that tore them apart.
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Closed Thread   Post New Thread