Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 07-25-2008, 01:30 PM
Elite Fan

Aww. That's right. You should watch all the clips that are up on her channel and make a night of it. More S10 edits coming real soon.
Old 07-25-2008, 08:10 PM
Master Fan

(I'm going to apologize in advance, because I'm typing up the Ellen Transcript on here, plus uploading pics so it could take some time, and I don't know how many people will have posted since I started, so I don't have a clue what I'm going to be interrupting. I would write it on Microsoft Word and then put it on here, but it won't open up right now! Gah! (Really annoying cause I want to write the next chapter in my book!) So if interrupt a something with this you can always ignore it and then get back to it. Also, keep in mind they have a tendency to talk over each other, so if Luke says something, and then Ellen asks a question right after Luke just answered what her question would be, they were all just talking over each other, so I went with who spoke first. Early bird catches the word type of thing...or you snooze you lose...)

Ellen Interview

It starts off with a clip from "What I Like About You. It's the scene in the hallway when they are having their highschool flashback. It's outside of the Spring Fling. They are poking fun at 90210 obviously. For the record I didn't copy this part down cause...well I just now decided to put it in cause I found a picture of it, so this part isn't word for word, but you'll get my drift. It's pretty close.

Val: I'm sorry, did I hurt your feelings?
Todd: It doesn't matter, everyone does. I've got to go.
Val: No, you're just so lonely inside, no one understands you, your heart hurts doesn't it?
Todd: *looking down* Well...
Val: Shut up Todd! *She starts making out with him.*

Back To Ellen's show

Ellen: Please welcome Jennie Garth and Luke Perry!
Jennie and Luke: *Walk out and wave to everyone*
Jennie: *Hugs Ellen*
Luke: *Gives Ellen a kiss on the cheek*
Jennie: *Sits on the couch cushion closer to Ellen*
Luke:*Sits on the couch cushion to the left of Jennie*
Jennie: We were making out
Luke: *Points behind him* Yeah...before we came out.
Jennie: No, on the show!
Luke: Yeah, were guys making out before you came on too?
Jennie: We were making out on there *Points to the Yule log Ellen has on a screen, then realizes her mistake, and points to the monitor in front of her that showed the clip, and then back to the Yule log* No, not on there. *Points back to the monitor* On there.
Luke: *Drinks water*
Ellen: Not in the fire, no. Sometimes your on there too. Hey, welcome to the show. It's crazy. How did you end up working together again? Was it planned, whose idea?
Luke: Ahhh, I didn't plan it.
Jennie: They actually wrote the part for him and asked him. He was so fun. He jumped in with both feet. He let us put that ridiculous wig on him.
Luke: That wasn't ridiculous man. That was cool hair.
Jennie: *Laughing* It was great. It was nice to have him around. *Rubs his leg*
Ellen: You'd seen each other in between.
Luke: Yeah. Yeah. We see each other once and awhile. Occasionally.
Ellen: But isn't that so weird? 15 years ago you were...
Jennie: It's 15 yeas ago?
Ellen: Yeah 15
Jennie: *confused* Since we ended?
Luke: How bout that.
Ellen Yeah...well 1990 when it started.
Jennie: Oh when it started! Wow!
Ellen: No, not since it ended.
Jennie: I was going to say, that's a long time.
Ellen: No, I'm looking back to when you started.
Luke: Yeah. *laughs*
Ellen: Now, you were always fighting or making out. Which was it most of the time?
Jennie: ummm
Luke: *Doesn't miss a beat* Making out
Jennie:*says quickly* Fighting...my perspective....defiantly more fighting.
Luke: That really feels great. I couldn't tell the difference some times between the fighting and the making out.
Jennie: *laughs and looks over at Luke and smiles*

Ellen: There was certainly a lot of making out after the fighting. But you survived a drive by shooting, cocaine addiction, sorority fire.
Jennie: *Nods her head as if reliving it) Yeah...
Luke: And thats just real life.
Ellen: *laughs* Yeah, and we'll get to the show. And Luke your sister became a prostitute, your father *pauses* ah blew up! *says kinda shocked*
Jennie: *Starts laughing hysterically*
Luke: *Has an indescribable look of amusement and...wow...expression on his face.*
Ellen: And bride gunned down by the mob!
Luke: All in a day's work.
Ellen *laughs* That's insane. I've forgotten how much drama there was.
Luke: Well, you're on the streets of Beverly Hills! Yeah, you don't know what's gonna go on over there!
Ellen: *To Jennie* Who was the one you had a crush on?
Luke: *Looks to Jennie* You're talking about you and Brian.
Ellen: Maybe
Luke: And it was reversed, Brian had a thing for her. *Points to Jennie*
Jennie: Oh right! *laughs* I haven't watched the show in awhile.
Luke: *says while laughing* She wasn't reading them when we were making them.
Jennie: *laughing hard*
Ellen: You probably wouldn't recognize him if you saw him again.
Jennie: *Looks in disbelief* Shut...are you...*Jumps up*
Ellen:*Yells* Brian Austin Green!
Luke: *Just Chillin*
Brian: *Comes out and looks like he's up to no good...just my perspective*
Luke: *Gets up finally and jumps over the couch.*
Jennie: *Runs around the couch, stands in one spot, looks at Ellen, and starts jumping up and down.*
Luke: *Hugs Brian*
Jennie: *Runs over and hugs Brian*
Brian, Luke, and Jennie: *Go back over to the couch and are still standing. Brian is in the middle, Jennie to the right by Ellen, and Luke is to Brian's left.*
Brian: *Shakes hands with Ellen and gives her a kiss on the cheek. Has a look questioning if he should be in the middle.*
Luke: In the middle.
Brian: No, you were in the middle.
Luke: *Points to the middle* In the middle. *Sits down on the left*
Brian: *Sits in the middle* But you guys had a spot, oh wait! *Opens his jacket and shows his shirt* I wore my Drop It Like It's Hot shirt for you Ellen.
Ellen: I like that. Where'd you get that? I like your jacket too.
Brian: Ummm ah, Urban Outfitters.
Jennie: *Practically petting Brian* Oh you're so cute.
Brian: Hi Jen! *Turns to Luke* Hi Luke!
Luke: *Smiling* Dude, how's it going?
Ellen: How longs it been since you've seen each other?
Jennie: *points to Brian* I saw you at the Coffee Bean parking lot.
Brian: In the Coffee Bean parking lot. *Points to Luke* I saw you at...
Luke: I don't drink coffee.
Brian: Yeah...no...I don't either. (I always wonder when I hear this...then why were you at the Coffee Bean? haha)
Luke: We were at Ian's house.

(They didn't actually show this picture, but I'm pretty sure this is the night they are talking about. It's those three in a house, the fall before they did this interview. Luke and Brian both have the same haircut they do in that photo that they had on the interview. Just a theory)
Ellen: Why doesn't he join the show too? Why don't you have him on "What I Like?"
Luke: Because that's a threesome, and that's freaky, and they don't put that on at 8:00 o'clock.
Ellen: *smiles amused* No
Luke: They don't runt hat stuff at 8:30! *Looks contemplative*
Ellen: A very special "What I Like" maybe?
Brian: That's not a bad idea though!
Luke: Put her in the middle!
Brian: Put her in the middle...scootch over there.
Jennie and Brian: *Switch places*
Jennie: *Looks timid*
Brian: We'll try it out.
Luke: Just try it out.
Brian: *Starts playing with the fake fire, rubbing his hands by it.* That's nice.
Ellen: Isn't that nice? Just for a toaster. Well, I'm glad we could surprise you. And "What I Like" is on Friday's at eight on the WB.
Luke: It's on tonight.
Ellen: It's on tonight?
Luke: It's on tonight.
Ellen: Tonight at 8:00 o'clock on the WB, and ah, group hug everybody, go on.
Luke and Brian *Both go in and put their arms around Jennie at the same time*

Jennie: *Luke pulled her hair a little, so she fixes it and makes a look of "What was that?" and then goes back to smiling*

END OF INTERVIEW

*Note* There was this segment that Ellen had been doing all week with the cast From "Everybody Loves Raymond" and every day she'd have one of them as their guest, and they'd have to do a challenge that she gave them. Brad Garret (played Robert) was on that day, and she was doing this, because it was the last season of "Everybody loves Raymond*. She made him go outside and wash cars who were going through the parking lot and say, "Hi my name is Brad Garret, I'm out of work, may I please wash your windshield." At one point a limo pulled up and he was trying to guess who was in it or who the limo driver was picking out. At one point he says.

Brad: Is it Luke Perry?
Limo Driver: No
Brad: Okay, because I think he took the Hummer!

The whole thing was just really funny.

Last edited by KellylovesDylan; 07-25-2008 at 10:05 PM
Old 07-26-2008, 08:22 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Bumping from 2nd page...

{ ... i am the one you fell in love with. who promises you to do it right.
... who won’t lie to you anymore. i’ll make you as happy as you deserve to be ... }

Steffi
Old 07-26-2008, 01:35 PM
Master Fan

Thanks for that! Was that a recent interview?? It just looks so cute. Can I find it anywhere online?
Old 07-26-2008, 02:36 PM
Elite Fan

Oh, SQUEE! Thanks so much. Too excited to comment right now. But it's from 2005, Jane, when Luke guest starred on Jennie's sitcom. It's nowhere online. I vaguely remember seeing it once but my mind could be playing tricks on me.
Old 07-26-2008, 06:18 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by playgroundDiaries (View Post)
Oh, SQUEE! But it's from 2005, Jane, when Luke guest starred on Jennie's sitcom. It's nowhere online.
You mean the Ellen interview? Awe, that's so depressing.
Old 07-26-2008, 06:55 PM
Elite Fan

Well we still have detailed dialogue and pics. I can see Luke and Jennie flirting right now.

Quote:
Jennie: We were making out
Luke: *Points behind him* Yeah...before we came out.
Jennie: No, on the show!
Cuteness moment #1.
Quote:
Jennie: They actually wrote the part for him and asked him. He was so fun. He jumped in with both feet. He let us put that ridiculous wig on him.
Luke: That wasn't ridiculous man. That was cool hair.
Jennie: *Laughing* It was great. It was nice to have him around. *Rubs his leg*
More cuteness. And is that a quick leg rub, I read?

Quote:
Ellen: Now, you were always fighting or making out. Which was it most of the time?
Jennie: ummm
Luke: *Doesn't miss a beat* Making out
Jennie:*says quickly* Fighting...my perspective....definitely more fighting.
Luke: That really feels great. I couldn't tell the difference some times between the fighting and the making out.
Jennie: *laughs and looks over at Luke and smiles*
Sounds incriminating, but they were all joking around anyway. Dy/K were heavy on the fighting and the making out. However, there's always a point to such things in drama, and their love will always be recognized alongside with it. It's nice to see Jennie so fond of Luke.
Quote:
Ellen: *laughs* Yeah, and we'll get to the show. And Luke your sister became a prostitute, your father *pauses* ah blew up! *says kinda shocked*
Jennie: *Starts laughing hysterically*

Quote:
Luke: And it was reversed, Brian had a thing for her. *Points to Jennie*
Luke: *says while laughing* She wasn't reading them when we were making them.
Jennie: *laughing hard*
LOL. Jennie's memory, man ... So depressing.
Quote:
They didn't actually show this picture, but I'm pretty sure this is the night they are talking about.
I think so too, Alexis.

Quote:
Luke: Put her in the middle!
Brian: Put her in the middle...scootch over there.
Jennie and Brian: *Switch places*
Jennie: *Looks timid*
Old 07-26-2008, 09:04 PM
Master Fan

Thank you so much for the transcript, Alexis. You're my hero!

Icon by Court
Old 07-26-2008, 09:11 PM
Elite Fan

They're so cute! We should figure out what should go in the OP interview section.
Old 07-26-2008, 10:12 PM
Dedicated Fan

Thanks so much for the transcript!! it!

I wish they would do another interview together soon. We can pray
Old 07-26-2008, 10:36 PM
Elite Fan

Hell, I even loved that one interviewer asking Luke if Jennie called him up personally, would it be enough to get him on the spin-off ( No, Aaron Spelling must do so ... from the dead, apparently).

I also like just seeing their names next to each other in the same poster or magazine article. LOL.
Old 07-27-2008, 12:25 AM
Addicted Fan

aw,,, thanks for the ellen transcript
never saw that interview...its so cool
love seeing the cast hang out together
btw, i never knew that brian had a thing for
jennie...lol

campaign + visit: Party Of Five & amanda seyfried
Old 07-27-2008, 12:36 AM
Elite Fan

They were referring to David Silver's crush on Kelly in the early years. Luke just said 'Brian'.

That's why the next comment is:

Old 07-27-2008, 12:46 AM
Addicted Fan

sorry...my bad
that interview is so cute though

campaign + visit: Party Of Five & amanda seyfried
Old 07-27-2008, 12:51 AM
Elite Fan

I know. Here's another from around that time:

Quote:
The laughs that arose from "Beverly Hills, 90210" weren't necessarily meant to be there. Filter in a little nostalgia, some stunt casting and a couple of pasted-on sideburns, though, and you have some real comedy.

At least that's what the folks "What I Like About You" are hoping. Friday's (Feb. 25) episode of The WB's third-year sitcom features a "90210" reunion of "What I Like" star Jennie Garth and Luke Perry, guest-staring as a plumber that Garth's Val recognizes as a one-night stand from high school.

"We have a very good time in this episode to the sort of Dylan-Kelly callback," Garth says, referring to her and Perry's "90210" characters. "It's not Dylan and Kelly, but they look exactly like Dylan and Kelly. It's really funny."

Perry's appearance is part of a sweeps stunt The WB is calling Flashback Friday. The "What I Like" episode also features footage Garth's co-star, Amanda Bynes, in her pre-Nickelodeon days, and ex-"Brady Bunch" kid Christopher Knight will show up later in the evening on "Blue Collar TV."

For Garth, working with Perry again meant reteaming with an old friend; the two have stayed in touch since "90210" ended in 2000, and she made the first call to Perry to see if he'd be interested in the guest spot.

"He was a little nervous, but he actually came in and jumped in with both feet -- he was awesome," says Garth, who's also a national spokesperson for Angel Soft Angels in Action, a program that honors kids and teenagers for service to their communities. "It was really exciting for everyone here."

It also, Garth says with a laugh, "made me remember all the things I love and hate about him. After working with him for 10 years, we're very close, and we'll both say publicly that there are things we love and hate about each other."

In the episode, Perry plays Todd, a plumber who comes to fix a problem at the bakery Val and Lauren (Leslie Grossman) run. Val, who's been lecturing her younger sister, Holly (Bynes), about not equating sex and love, is horrified when she realizes she has a past with Todd.

A flashback scene illustrates their hookup, with Garth done up in a very ruffly, Kelly-esque black dress and Perry sporting a pompadour and heavy sideburns. The "90210" theme plays faintly in the background, and Todd mentions that his girlfriend, Brenda, is in Paris.

Perry, whose recent TV work includes darker fare like "Oz" and "Jeremiah," hasn't done much sitcom work (although he appeared on NBC's "Will & Grace" last week). The ease he and Garth feel with one another is apparent, though.

"It was really sweet. He just wanted to do a good job and was very earnest and wanted to learn all about the sitcom format," Garth says. "I felt like an old pro because I actually got to teach him something new."

Not that recalling their now-iconic characters didn't give the two pause, though: "I remember Luke and I just looking at each other and going, 'What are we doing? Why are we doing this?,'" she says. "But we had a good time with it."