Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-05-2008, 06:30 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
though i hated that they broke up i think it was necessarry. they need a break from each other. need some time away.
Agreed. No biggie. But now you're gonna have to wait 6 yrs for them to get back together, not that they won't kiss and/or sleep together in that time.

If it hadn't been for Dylan's new family giving Kelly an excuse to feel threatened, I think they would have been just fine. You don't mess with Dylan's sense of family. He could always listen otherwise.
Old 06-05-2008, 06:32 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoHannaD (View Post)
It definitely isnt where i live as well. Reruns here ended nearly 5 years ago on foxtel...havn't seen anythin since i was in yr 10 or something if i can remember correctly.
Where abouts are you from Johanna?
Old 06-05-2008, 06:42 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Where abouts are you from Johanna?
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia LOL

Quote:
though i hated that they broke up i think it was necessarry. they need a break from each other. need some time away.
See this i understand. But to then make kelly go to brandon almost straight away and get dylan to sleep with brenda is where i dont understand. Its like u guys just came out of a relationship, mourn for it like i did.

I think i would have like brandon & kelly together if it was not rushed into. I mean i know that they kissed in s4 but then we didnt see any conflict bout her feelings between the two of them. Next we hear she is all about brandon.
And ppl continue to disappoint them.

-Anonymous-
Old 06-05-2008, 06:43 PM
Fan Forum Star

I'm from Adelaide, Australia You feel my pain.
Old 06-05-2008, 06:44 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by brucasalways (View Post)
ugh if only i still had soapnet lol

Poor baby, I would die without my SoapNet. It's the only way I've been able to catch up on my OTH.
Brad Jen
Old 06-05-2008, 06:48 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
You feel my pain.
I definitely do know...before every1 started putting clips of them on youtube, i had to live through pics and quotes. Yet my love for them never disappeared lol. It only got stronger once i saw videoclips, esp thanks to jamie, i dont think there was no goin back at that point, i was hooked.

-Anonymous-
Old 06-05-2008, 06:50 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
See this i understand. But to then make kelly go to brandon almost straight away and get dylan to sleep with brenda is where i dont understand. Its like u guys just came out of a relationship, mourn for it like i did.

I think i would have like brandon & kelly together if it was not rushed into. I mean i know that they kissed in s4 but then we didnt see any conflict bout her feelings between the two of them. Next we hear she is all about brandon.
Well said.

There was definitely no conflict. She wasn't harboring any lingering feelings towards Bn after they got back from the retreat. If anything, she fell straight into Dylan's arms and kissed him -- much to Bn's dismay. I thought it was funny that Bn tried to joke that he and Kelly were now a "hot item" only to have him look over at her and Dylan making out passionately in front of everybody!!!

But you know, that's probably why she was so easily conflicted over her feelings between Bn and D at the end of s5. I think she did fall for Bn, but she didn't give herself time to mourn over her break up with Dylan, thus she was never really over him when she started her relationship with Brandon. If anything, it wasn't really fair for her to be with Bn so soon but, obviously, Bn was so desperate to have a GF that he'd take his best friend's leftovers and while on the rebound, no less. Whatta loser....
Brad Jen
Old 06-05-2008, 06:57 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
I think she did fall for Bn, but she didn't give herself time to mourn over her break up with Dylan, thus she was never really over him when she started her relationship with Brandon.
Exactly, dude. Brandon does recognise this in "Unreal World" where he states that kelly still loves dylan after claire talks about jumpin from r'ship to r'ship

-Anonymous-
Old 06-05-2008, 06:57 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Its like u guys just came out of a relationship, mourn for it like i did.
Oh, they mourned. They mourned through most of S5. The only thing that prevented them from doing so was Dylan's drug/alcohol addiction. After that, there were no more excuses to stop looking back. And it wasn't even that clean-cut.

Mourning, exhibit A:

Old 06-05-2008, 07:03 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Oh, they mourned. They mourned through most of S5.
i was talking more about the end of s4 but i do get what you mean. I'd prefer to call it longing...

-Anonymous-
Old 06-05-2008, 07:04 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Exactly, dude. Brandon does recognise this in "Unreal World" where he states that kelly still loves dylan after claire talks about jumpin from r'ship to r'ship
Yeah, I remember that ep. Actually, I think he said that Dylan still loves Kelly because he was the dumpee not the dumper, or something like that. Right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by playgroundDiaries (View Post)
Oh, they mourned. They mourned through most of S5.
Really? You thought Kelly mourned Dylan? I think Dy might have mourned Kelly, esp when he finally got into rehab and realized all he'd lost when he lost her. But I think Kelly was in denial about being over Dylan and hid behind her relationship with Bn. When finally confronted with those feelings, she didn't even bother to protest when Dylan came to her apt and just kissed her face off!

But thazzz just me.
Brad Jen
Old 06-05-2008, 07:15 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I'd prefer to call it longing...
Yeah, I think my viewer experience after several years was shining through there. By that point, sheer grief. Get these two back together!

Quote:
But I think Kelly was in denial about being over Dylan and hid behind her relationship with Bn. When finally confronted with those feelings, she didn't even bother to protest when Dylan came to her apt and just kissed her face off!
I agree with the first part but there were references and long stares everywhere to reveal that she wasn't that deep in denial. Remember before the road trip, or Val's statement in the hospital? Johanna, glad you mentioned the line from "Unreal World". I think we forgot it and skipped over making an edit for that episode. Now we will.
Old 06-05-2008, 07:19 PM
Master Fan

yeah i do not get how she went straight to brandon as if dylan meant nothing to her.

and 6 years till thye actually get together again damnn lol

and im dling a torrent for 501 ugh but its gna take a day to dl lol
no matter how much we bend
Old 06-05-2008, 07:30 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Johanna, glad you mentioned the line from "Unreal World
No problems, thats one of my favorite episodes from that season...

Quote:
Kelly was in denial about being over Dylan and hid behind her relationship with Bn.
I like this. i definitely like this. Like ive mentioned in other threads earlier on.... brandon and kelly's r'ship had 3 people in it in s5. Now i havent watched the second half of s6 or s7 and 8 (refuse to watch without dylan in it, ) so i cant really comment. But that can just be put down to dylan being there coz kelly was always lookin over he shoulders. WE can also say that about brenda, could dylan and kelly's r'ship have been more smoother if brenda wasnt there. We didnt get to see this until the later seasons, so yeh. So much speculation we will never know.

-Anonymous-
Old 06-05-2008, 07:53 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
and 6 years till thye actually get together again damnn lol
Whenever Dy's on screen, though, they want each other.

I definitely never thought Dylan meant nothing to her , it's just that she has this whole protective front of anger to put up whenever she's afraid of losing someone ... to drugs, exes, venture capitalism, what have you ... One thing's for sure: she never had any apathy where Dylan was concerned.