Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-08-2007, 12:02 AM
Loyal Fan

From what I remember (and my memory is pretty shotty at best), I think it all started out innocently enough, with Kelly coming up to Dylan and asking him what he's writing (I think). She had just broken up with Jake, right? And Dylan said something like, I warned him not to hurt you and she was all flattered, "You talked to him about me?"

Then he wants to take a break and asks her to join him for a soda. Next thing we know, they're hanging out, and he stops by to see her (all dressed up and sexy) before he leaves to visit his Dad in jail.

Then, that's when I think Dylan sort of starts pursuing Kelly. I can't remember whose idea it was to be volleyball partners but wasn't it Dylan who asked Kelly what she was doing afterwards and then invited himself over when she said she had to babysit Erin? He even brought one of the most romantic movies ever -- Casablanca! If that wasn't a classic guy move, then I don't know what is!! ("Hey, wanna see my etchings?" ) And he drank out of her water bottle. Squeeeeeeeeeee!

There was also the tug of war, with Kelly landing on top of Dylan and Steve calling them "lovebirds"... ... and, of course, Kelly putting her hand on Dylan's shoulder and saying it was the start of a beautiful friendship. Now, this is where Dy could have totally laughed it off and play-punched her in the arm, like good buddies should, but he looked at her hand on his shoulder, as if he could feel the heat of her palm burning through his skin, and suddenly we get this awkward sexual tension moment.

In the scene where Kelly's on her way to the cabana, she looks like she's running late for something cuz I think she keeps checking her watch. It's all in the way she walks purposefully towards the cabana kind of in a rush. But then David interrupts her. And then we see her walk in and Dylan sitting on the couch -- in the shadows, I might add! -- and there's that slow rise from the couch and the flashing scenes between her devilish smile and his serious look.

To the outsider, that looks like Kelly came on to Dylan, but I think, from a backstory perspective, she and Dylan made plans to hang out and she innocently suggested he meet her in her cabana. It was all supposed to be fun but the attraction that had been burgeoning between them all summer long finally came to a head when they apparently shared a kiss which Kelly later regretted and felt guilty about because she ended up avoiding Dylan, stopped taking his calls and stopped going to the beach club altogether.

Whew!

Night all!
Brad Jen
Old 11-08-2007, 12:03 AM
Loyal Fan

I edited my post cuz I TP'd...oops.

Brad Jen

Last edited by SMUSH; 11-08-2007 at 12:08 AM
Old 11-08-2007, 12:05 AM
Loyal Fan

Where the heck did my post go???? Oh crap, I TP'd!
Brad Jen
Old 11-08-2007, 12:42 AM
Elite Fan

If you use Quick Reply and get an error message, don't trust it. Refresh the board page in a new window to see if your post showed up. It's basically what I have to do every other time.

It was Kelly's idea for them to be volleyball partners but, like you, I think initially all Kelly expected to develop was a friendship. Then, yes, Dylan basically invites himself over to watch the "most romantic film of all time" and help her babysit. Damn, he's already holding babies. That must have been some volleyball game!

You basically got it down, with just the slightest re-ordering. The sexual tension between them was apparent before that 'Louie, beautiful friendship moment'. The tug of war scene came pretty early. We'll have to discuss this cabana scene again tomorrow cause ... just watch the way she opens that door, and him waiting, like a tiger in heat the whole time for her arrival. I think the innocence in that scene got thrown out with the electric guitar. This was a pre-planned 'time to throw caution to the wind' moment extraordinare. That we, of course, didn't get to see. I imagined more than just one small peck of an experimental kiss happening. More like, .
Old 11-08-2007, 01:28 AM
Fan Forum Hero

So girls... what happend?!
I wasn't here for 12 hours and what... a new thread!!
I think out here were a lot of people who had a lot of doubts that K/D were ever understood each other

Okay, let's go... strong to the 30!!

{ ... i am the one you fell in love with. who promises you to do it right.
... who won’t lie to you anymore. i’ll make you as happy as you deserve to be ... }

Steffi
Old 11-08-2007, 06:45 AM
Master Fan

Thanks for the new thread!
Old 11-08-2007, 07:24 AM
Master Fan

Morning all

Courtney, Mel and I talked about a Steve/Donna thread over on the Steve/Kelly thread. Basically we figuresd there was no point because we can just talk about these 2 together on their threads. Does that make any sense? We can talk about their friendship on the Steve/Ian and Donna/Tori threads.
Old 11-08-2007, 11:00 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I think out here were a lot of people who had a lot of doubts that K/D were ever understood each other
Dylan and Kelly (and their fans) sure felt differently, though!

Yeah, what Amy said. Bottomline, it's up to the mods. You need to ask before starting anything new.
Old 11-08-2007, 11:46 AM
Loyal Fan

That banner by SweetSymphony (where Dy/K are at the beach watching a shooting star) makes me think of Roswell and aliens and UFOs.
Brad Jen
Old 11-08-2007, 02:13 PM
Master Fan

AWWWWWWWWW Mel I your icon!!! It's so sweet!

I loved Vada <3
Old 11-08-2007, 03:04 PM
Fan Forum Star

Morning guys

Quote:
Mel and I talked about a Steve/Donna thread over on the Steve/Kelly thread. Basically we figuresd there was no point because we can just talk about these 2 together on their threads. Does that make any sense?
Yeah that makes sense thanks for answering!!

Quote:
Okay, let's go... strong to the 30!!
Agreed. Let's get to #30 as quick as we got to #29
Old 11-08-2007, 03:36 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
That banner by SweetSymphony (where Dy/K are at the beach watching a shooting star) makes me think of Roswell and aliens and UFOs.
Me too, a little bit.

Someone else who saw "My Girl". More cute icons to come, Amanda.

Okay, Courtz ... full-on to #30. One night may be pushing it, though.
Old 11-08-2007, 03:45 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Okay, Courtz ... full-on to #30. One night may be pushing it, though.
well obviously we can't do it in one night, well we would if heaps of Dy/K fans were on but their usually not

Maybe we need to play a game, like I see on other shipper threads

Gets the post count up .. but yeah I'm usually on for 8 hours straight so alot of posting can be done, I just need someone to talk too heh.

Did we have a special title for thread #30?

Dy/K
Old 11-08-2007, 03:57 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
but yeah I'm usually on for 8 hours straight so alot of posting can be done, I just need someone to talk too heh.
I know what you mean. Cause I can be doing other things but, as long as my computer's on, I can keep a tab open for my favorite show/couple of all time.
Quote:
Did we have a special title for thread #30?
Because the last words ever spoken were between Dylan and Kelly.

Or something like that.

Where did you get that cap? Doesn't look like one of ours.
Old 11-08-2007, 04:07 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Because the last words ever spoken were between Dylan and Kelly.
Aww, thats sweet

Quote:
Where did you get that cap? Doesn't look like one of ours.
I found it on the net .. on my random searching for pictures

Ooh yay, the weekend begins tonight!!

I have a fair few episodes of S3 now, I just have to burn them to a disc so I can watch them on my tv!!

I can watch the Cabana scene over and over again ..

Closed Thread   Post New Thread