Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-23-2007, 01:11 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Okay, last weekend I watched the last 10 Episodes of Season 10 again!!
And so I watched the episode when Dylan realized his father is still alive. When they talked in front of the Peach Pit and Dylan said that after Jacks death he never take a liaison serious, he wasn't able to do that. That would mean, that his whole relationship with Kelly after the car explode wasn't so serious for him.

And that's what I always thought. He never put his whole heart into this relationship, simply because he was afraid of loosing again. And when Erica and Suzanne walked into his life, he starts to be able again to open his heart completely, but Kelly was so jealous and insecure that she couldn't see that.

And later, when he lost anything, his new family and Kelly, I always thought he realized that it was wrong to don't put his whole heart into the relationship because he really loves her and realized that it's impossible having a relationship with someone, without put your whole heart and soul into it.

Okay, that was very much realized and relationship *LOL*
I hope you know what I mean!!

{ ... i am the one you fell in love with. who promises you to do it right.
... who won’t lie to you anymore. i’ll make you as happy as you deserve to be ... }

Steffi
Old 10-23-2007, 06:11 AM
Master Fan

Good morning everyone

Old 10-23-2007, 06:15 AM
Fan Forum Star

Awww I love that hug

Good night everybody I'm off to bed
Old 10-23-2007, 09:00 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
When they talked in front of the Peach Pit and Dylan said that after Jacks death he never take a liaison serious, he wasn't able to do that. That would mean, that his whole relationship with Kelly after the car explode wasn't so serious for him.

And that's what I always thought. He never put his whole heart into this relationship, simply because he was afraid of loosing again. And when Erica and Suzanne walked into his life, he starts to be able again to open his heart completely, but Kelly was so jealous and insecure that she couldn't see that.
Steffi, that would eradicate everything we know about late S3 and S4. And if you're implying that Dy's heart was closed even still, after Kevin/Suzanne, in S5-S7, this would include his relationships with Kelly, Brenda, Valerie, and Toni, his wife. I know the statement you're talking about, and I think you're misinterpreting it majorly. For one, the entire reason they re-hashed the Jack McKay plotline in S10 is because they couldn't have thought of a more creative way to help reunite Dylan and Kelly, so they went back to the context which was up during 'the roots' of their relationship. "Senior Poll", one of your favorite episodes, also wouldn't make an ounce of sense. If you always suspected as much -- that Dylan never put his whole heart into his relationship with Kelly and it 'wasn't so serious' for him, how how how are you a fan of these two? These are comments worthy of an anti-thread.

I'm gonna bring the scene dialogue over later and we're gonna take this one line at a time. Dylan's talking about the general aimlessness of his life and using his dad's death as an excuse to wallow in enough self-pity to remain aimless. He's also referring to how he's been closed down in the last two seasons (S9 and S10), which the show addresses when Dy/K go to Ojai, for the sole purpose of, again, forwarding their reunion, cause Dy agrees with the priest that maybe Kelly would be worth opening his heart up to again after Antonia. But this isn't what you were talking about. You're talking about before. Yeah, they didn't just eradicate the basis of the Dy/K relationship in their very attempt to rebuild it. I can hear what's said on the show without a giant Dy/K filter biasing my POV, and they did not mean for us to stop taking that relationship seriously. If they wanted us to do that, Kelly wouldn't even be in that scene to pleasantly accept such insult, and Dy would have reunited with someone else.
Old 10-23-2007, 01:40 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by playgroundDiaries (View Post)
Steffi, that would eradicate everything we know about late S3 and S4. And if you're implying that Dy's heart was closed even still, after Kevin/Suzanne, in S5-S7, this would include his relationships with Kelly, Brenda, Valerie, and Toni, his wife. I know the statement you're talking about, and I think you're misinterpreting it majorly. For one, the entire reason they re-hashed the Jack McKay plotline in S10 is because they couldn't have thought of a more creative way to help reunite Dylan and Kelly, so they went back to the context which was up during 'the roots' of their relationship. "Senior Poll", one of your favorite episodes, also wouldn't make an ounce of sense. If you always suspected as much -- that Dylan never put his whole heart into his relationship with Kelly and it 'wasn't so serious' for him, how how how are you a fan of these two? These are comments worthy of an anti-thread.
That's not fair
You know I love K/D!!
But really, as much as I love them, they did not have a perfect relationship in Season 3 and 4, and there are reasons for!

One of the reasons IMO is Kellys insecure, especially when it came to Brenda. The other reason is, that Dylan did not really chose! He always jumps between both girls, because he knew that both loves him! He was selfish! Yes, he was with Kelly and hey, I don't say, he didn't love her or he didn't want to be with her - but there were some moments with his ex in which anyone could see, if she want him, she can have him! He would NEVER say "No Brenda, I don't want you anymore" - and he would NEVER say "No Kelly, I don't want you anymore" - that's why I hate this damn triangle in Season 4!

Kelly with her insecure, Dylan with his jumping and selfishness and Brenda with her all time innocent "I want to be your friend"-face! BAH!

For me it always seems that he really changed in Season 5 ... after the Suzanne/Kevin betrayl. What I said was only a thought because of what he said in Season 10!!

... who won’t lie to you anymore. i’ll make you as happy as you deserve to be ... }

Steffi
Old 10-23-2007, 01:55 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
But really, as much as I love them, they did not have a perfect relationship in Season 3 and 4, and there are reasons for!
Of course they didn't! I'm not saying they did. And I've never denied that he carried a torch for Brenda in S4 either. What alarmed me was that you did say that "his whole relationship with Kelly after the car explode wasn't so serious for him. And that's what I always thought. He never put his whole heart into this relationship, simply because he was afraid of loosing again." How can he love her if his relationship with her is not serious to him and he doesn't put his whole heart into it?

So this statement -- "I don't say, he didn't love her" -- makes no sense to me. Do you believe they loved each other in late S3 and S4, or not?
Old 10-23-2007, 02:09 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah I think they did, but I think too that Dylan sometimes did not take her (and that incl. the relationship) serious enough. I think he did not really know how much he loves her, because he never want to make it so serious after the whole Drama he had with Brenda.

I think it helps him a lot that Kelly needs him in the end of Season 3. Because, honestley, Brenda never really needs him. And if you be needed you "forget" your own problems. So I think, being with her, seeing her and remember the little time with Jack (and Kelly) helps him a lot to go back to life. But life goes on and Dylan changed a lot in Season 4!

He cares for her, there is no doubt for me. It always seems to me that he wants to protect her from the bad world... and did not see what she needs from him and why. When Erica and Suzanne walk into his life, his little world, which was exploding in Season 3, starts new... but Kelly wasn't a part of this new life anymore. That was obviously. And he did not take her serious enough, he did not put his whole heart into this relationship to try to understand WHY he now had a new family, but not a happy relationship anymore. He did not try to get to the bottom of her anger and insecure. It seems to me that he was tired to do that in the end.

It seems that they changed the roles. Now Kelly was "against" the family and Brenda supported Dylan resp. accepted and liked his family.

For me the moment Dylan realized that he really loves Kelly and needs her and wants to be with her, the moment he realized that it was not only fun, that it was so much more serious than he ever expected, was in Season 5 when he saved her from cult and she walks away with Brandon...

Steffi
Old 10-23-2007, 02:42 PM
Elite Fan

What about all your statements about how he worked really hard for his relationship with Kelly to work at the end of S3? I've been thinking, and, specifically post-Jack's death, the episodes "Child Is A Father ...", "Duke's Bad Boy", "Perfectly Perfect", and "Senior Poll" would not make an ounce of sense if we weren't to believe that he thought Kelly was worth the conflict she brought to the table, and that's taking her very seriously. If Dylan wanted something light and was shut down, he wouldn't have poured his heart out to her and would have accepted her proposal that they break up in "Senior Poll". It would have been an easy way out. His father's death would have made for another great excuse to cool things, but instead he checks in with her at the end to make sure they're alright, which they are. His whole promise to Kelly was that he WOULD be there for her in a lasting and meaningful way if she'd only let him love her. I actually understand exactly what you mean by the ability to "forget" your own problems by becoming lost in someone else's, and I'm sure the fact that Kelly needed him so bad helped a lot in that respect. But what we learn from Dylan in S3 is that he's chosen to take his happiness into his own hands for the first time and start anew, which is exactly what they do together. And i can't help but think that's wildly special and as serious as you can get.

I think it's key to remember that all the seasons you hate, I love, and vice-versa. I think his life takes on a honeymoon phase of sorts after he meets Erica too, but it's his second honeymoon. Kelly is a congenial part of it until the end of S4. The disconnect comes later (they were happy for much of S4), and yes, her insecurities are at play. I agree that in the end he just got exhausted by it. But he always understood what she needed. He just got kind of ... consumed with being part of this new family unit and, like I've always said, family comes first for Dy. He never wanted Kelly to feel neglected, and apologized ("Acting Out") for the few times where it was clear. Eventually, Kelly asked for too much.

Quote:
For me the moment Dylan realized that he really loves Kelly and needs her and wants to be with her, the moment he realized that it was not only fun, that it was so much more serious than he ever expected, was in Season 5 when he saved her from cult and she walks away with Brandon...
This is much too late for me. I mean, I definitely agree he felt that way, but it wasn't nearly the first time. Even their talk in rehab that same season would beat that scene to the punch.
Old 10-23-2007, 03:08 PM
Master Fan

I don't like any of the episodes where Dylan was gone. For me, they aren't as good.
Old 10-23-2007, 03:21 PM
Elite Fan

With the exception of the tail end of S7, I totally agree. He wasn't just the person I wanted Kelly to be with most, or just my favorite character ... he was a big part of this show's soul. But I don't know how happy I'd be if Dy/K hadn't reunited.
Old 10-23-2007, 04:20 PM
Fan Forum Star

Wow, nice analysis both of you

I tend to agree more with Mel though .. or actually alot with Mel, then again my favourite season is three

Quote:
Serious? Like Mel said that is way too late for me, he stuck by Kelly all through S4, they shared so many ups and downs, he admitted he has always wanted to be with Kelly, he told her that they were soulmates .. I think he realised he loved her way before that episode in S5, but thats just my opinion of course.

Old 10-23-2007, 04:52 PM
Master Fan

Anyone here?
Old 10-23-2007, 04:55 PM
Elite Fan

One thing is, that S5 plotline was all about Dylan's feelings being rudely awakened by doing Brandon (and Kelly ) the favor of putting himself on the line to drag her out of there. If he didn't love her to begin with, nothing could be re-awakened/resurface. It wouldn't be a painful thing for him to do. In fact, half his time in S5 was spent "mooning over Kelly", as Charlie would later put it, and the other half feeling sorry for himself. They longed for each other like crazy!

EDIT: Guess so.
Old 10-23-2007, 05:12 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Anyone here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by playgroundDiaries (View Post)
One thing is, that S5 plotline was all about Dylan's feelings being rudely awakened by doing Brandon (and Kelly ) the favor of putting himself on the line to drag her out of there. If he didn't love her to begin with, nothing could be re-awakened/resurface. It wouldn't be a painful thing for him to do. In fact, half his time in S5 was spent "mooning over Kelly", as Charlie would later put it, and the other half feeling sorry for himself. They longed for each other like crazy!
Too true point, match, set

It's like I don't have to try explain (in my retarded way) cause most of the time Mel says what I think hehe, and the point you make is so obvious (well I think) in S5.

I need to do some more caps, thats my work plan for the day
Old 10-23-2007, 05:28 PM
Master Fan

I highly doubt your way of explaning things is "retarded" (as you put it hahaha)

Though Mel does says a lot of things I'm thinking in the perfect way...I seriously think she can read our minds!!! hahahahaha j/k