Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-17-2019, 05:42 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingMikeTarzan (View Post)
This is the problem - she let it happen knowing Brandon just lost an election - she is the root cause of the I Choose Me sag - not Brandon nor Dylan. I'm surprised people defend Kelly regarding I Choose Me - this infuriates me. The fact is: she was messing with 2 guys when she was in a relationship, and Brandon being mean to her in Palm Springs was right for him to do. What he should have done from there is sling the ring, move on and find a new girl - let Kelly suffer the consequences for her actions
Season 6 opener is so awkward. Brandon and Dylan both have to watch her fool around with Colin AND THEN she has the audacity to sit between Brandon and Dylan at her birthday celebration, holding hands with them and getting their worlds to collide around her again and then of course, she goes home to Colin afterwards like nothing happened.

It's really not talked about enough how Kelly is such a hypocrite. She bemoans later in the season how her whole world has fallen apart and lost everyone she cared about -- yeah well maybe if she hadn't brought some strange guy back after Summer and acted like Brandon and Dylan were just two desperate exes and she hadn't got so caught up in someone who is hooked on drugs, things wouldn't have gotten so bad for her.

I hated the Brandon/Susan thing, but yes he definitely deserved to move on when he did. Kelly always complained that Steve never moved on from her, but the irony is that it clearly bothers her when Brandon and Dylan's worlds no longer revolve around her.
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 06-17-2019, 06:49 AM
Master Fan

That's why I still disliked Kelly in most of S6 because of what she was doing playing with her exes while with Colin. I do think towards the end of S6, she did genuinely wanted Brandon back and even in early S7 when he visited her at the hospice, I was so clear how much she wanted him back and is in full of regret. I just wished Brandon gave her that chance in S7 instead of acting like as jerk to Tracy. Kelly in S7 and in S8 was OK and more tlerable but once Brandon left in S9, she did a big U-turn and I started to despise her again.

I do honestly think Susan and Brandon would be good for each other in the long term - both ambitious and focused - along with Emily and Kelly
Old 06-17-2019, 06:50 AM
Master Fan

That's why I still disliked Kelly in most of S6 because of what she was doing playing with her exes while with Colin. I do think towards the end of S6, she did genuinely wanted Brandon back and even in early S7 when he visited her at the hospice, It was so clear how much she wanted him back and is in full of regret. I just wished Brandon gave her that chance in S7 instead of acting like as jerk to Tracy. Kelly in S7 and in S8 was OK and more tolerable but once Brandon left in S9, she did a big U-turn and I started to despise her again.

I do honestly think Susan and Brandon would be good for each other in the long term - both ambitious and focused - along with Emily and Kelly
Old 06-17-2019, 06:56 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

They kept Brandon/Kelly on/off after Season 5 just like Ross and Rachel, with the pattern of "we're not together but we still love each other and will constantly sabotage our other relationships because we're too cowardly to tell each other"
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 06-17-2019, 07:01 AM
Master Fan

Yes that is what I was thinking (and I hate Ross/Rachel)
Old 06-17-2019, 07:07 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

Yeah I didn't like them either

Or Monica/Chandler
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 06-17-2019, 07:14 AM
Master Fan

I liked Monica/Chandler but not Ross/Rachel.

I think Ross/Rachel relationship was kind of like BK in a way but boy I never liked them at all.

In fact, I think BK are similar to my all time favorite couple Whitley/Dwayne from A Different World. Whitley was like Kelly to start with - all stuck up and full of it. And Dwayne was highly intelligent and sensible like Brandon - they formed this opposite attract style coupling. Both had dramatic wedding plots - one failure and the other was just hella crazy!!
Old 06-17-2019, 07:18 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

I preferred Monica with Richard. It always seemed like she was bossing Chandler around, it got on my nerves (Remember that episode where she won't agree to him moving his stuff in even though she wants him to live with her? )

The Brandon/Kelly non-wedding is one of the worst twists to a love story I've ever seen on TV

We should have been granted a "Bobby comes out of shower" moment in Season 9 to erase every moment of it
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 06-17-2019, 07:21 AM
Master Fan

BK non-wedding was a twist of the worst kind - it was awful but at least my all-time favorite was a dramatic twist of a fun kind and did have the happy ending

S9 and S10-was just awful - I have no words to describe it but I guess it made a few fans happy though
Old 06-17-2019, 07:25 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

^ A "few" fans, hmm I wonder who you mean
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 06-17-2019, 07:27 AM
Master Fan

Donna/David and the "iconic" couple
Old 06-17-2019, 07:31 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

As someone who wanted David/Valerie and Brandon/Kelly, it's safe to say I lost out in this situation.

Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 06-17-2019, 07:35 AM
Master Fan

I think we all lost out in the last 2 seasons because all my favorite couples on the show disappeared and I didn't have much to support. Donna/David were OK I guess and I guess so was Steve/Janet but they don't feature in my top 10 favorite couples on the show though. Matt and Kelly were very boring although he was better for someone like Kelly. Gina and Dylan got a bit annoying and as for Kelly and Dylan......well it is better to relieve that in the toilets
Old 06-17-2019, 07:51 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

I saw parts of Season 8 and 9 and I cannot picture Janet and Steve together

It's weird to me. Did they have to change Steve for that relationship? She just seemed too mellow for him.

I cannot bear knowing that Steve was wishing Kelly and Dylan the best together and telling Matt they're "soulmates" just ONE season after saying to Valerie that Kelly and Brandon are meant to be together. It's just gross.
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 06-17-2019, 07:56 AM
Master Fan

Verbal soulmate claims doesn't match lifetime commitment - Brandon and Kelly did have that