Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-16-2019, 02:42 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

Quote:
Originally Posted by heyitsrachel (View Post)
I think that Brandon was being such a jerk with those comments but I do understand that he was really hurting inside and those comments probably just came out of his mouth...it happens...I know I've said some stuff to people who have hurt me.
Exactly Word vomit happens when you're an emotional mess You can end up saying offensive things without meaning to. That's the reality of being human.

Add to that the fact that he was drunk and heartbroken, and it's understandable in my view Like you said, he apologized when he sobered up, so he obviously thought about it and realized he went too far with those lesbian innuendos.

Quote:
I know if I was in a relationship, I would expect my boyfriend to choose me over an ex.
I think the writers knew they could get away with teasing D/K near the end of Season 5 because of the thing with Emily that happened during the fire incident.

That's the main issue I have with that whole Brandon/Emily thing in Season 5: other than it not making sense anymore and her character being completely different for the sake of love triangle nonsense, it can be used against Brandon when Kelly cheats afterward. That is all kinds of messed up.
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 06-16-2019, 06:59 AM
Master Fan

Brandon being drunk was understandable but outing Kelly like that was wrong. However, the cause and the blame for all of this does point to Kelly - she was messing with 2 guys while in a relationship, that is unacceptable behavior so it's not a shock that Brandon wouldn't take her back after a mess that Kelly created. And the fact she chose herself and then saying that she didn't want to come between Brandon and Dylan's friendship was a load of bullcrap. In S6, when she mentioned this to Brandon twice, he didn't buy it and good on him. I'm glad he rejected her and putting her in her place once he sobered up in Palm Springs when she was attempting to get back with him. And the rejections continued when she tried at the end of S6 and beginning in S7. However, I do think he should have gave Kelly another chance in early S7 instead of dragging it on - she did genuinely wanted him back. We know Brandon does have his Beef Jerky moments
Old 06-16-2019, 10:25 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

The writers should've had Kelly and Brandon together much sooner in Season 7 instead of forcing that crap with Mark and Tracy who were by far two of the most boring, irritating characters the show ever forced upon us

As for Brandon's behavior in S5 finale, I never viewed it as homophobic. He was wasted because he was trying to block out his hurt.

In fact, the thing that points to it not being a homophobic slur was when he says to Kelly later in the episode that it would have been easier to accept her with Allison than with Dylan.
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 06-16-2019, 11:34 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I agree with both of you. I don’t think his comments were homophobic but I can see how it can be seen that way. He’s a good guy who was just hurt and since Kelly hurt him so bad, this was one of the only opportunities he saw as a way to put her down.
Old 06-16-2019, 11:41 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

Yeah, he was trying to even the score He was still lingering on the humiliation of her rejecting his proposal in front of Dylan.
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 06-16-2019, 01:50 PM
Fan Forum Hero

And I think Kelly was the reason by he was getting drunk in the first place.
Old 06-16-2019, 01:52 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

Oh, for sure. Between Kelly breaking his heart and his parents' move to Hong Kong, things were going downhill for Brandon (and for the show)
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 06-16-2019, 01:55 PM
Fan Forum Hero

plus...he had just lost the election.
Old 06-16-2019, 02:04 PM
Master Fan

But he got a intern in Boston, and in S6 he was doing fine. It was Kelly who went downhill and was the one who really regretted losing Brandon. That's probably why I had more sympathy for her from mid S6 and S7 because her regrets was sincere. Yet she created this mess in the first place. It was a case of act first think later. She acted on her stupidity playing with 2 guys then regret what she did. If Brandon was mean to her in Palm Springs, he had every right to be - she messed about
Old 06-16-2019, 03:07 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

Quote:
plus...he had just lost the election.
EWWW you just reminded me that that was the night she cheated on him with his best friend

OMG the cheating was worse than I remembered.

Mike, I always remembered Kelly's line to Brandon in S6: "I had everything... And I lost it all" and it really summed up that her life had gone to after rejecting his proposal.
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 06-16-2019, 03:14 PM
Master Fan

That was awful what Kelly did when Brandon lost the election - she was the root cause of all these problems. Brandon did do well in S6 and Kelly messed big time. Her regrets about losing Brandon was obvious and knew what she threw away. When she knew about the ring in S7, it was clear that she desperately wanted Brandon back - she made a mistake and clearly loved him - you would never buy the ring back if you don't love the person strongly like she did
Old 06-16-2019, 03:19 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

It was worth all the pain by the time that S7 episode aired and we got to see Brandon absolutely thrilled and shocked beyond belief that Kelly tracked down their ring that he had given up on, thinking she no longer cared enough... What a journey they had
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 06-16-2019, 07:05 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal Clear (View Post)
EWWW you just reminded me that that was the night she cheated on him with his best friend

OMG the cheating was worse than I remembered.
I remembered after Kelly telling Brandon that she loves him, gets off the phone, goes and sees Dylan at the door...and kiss. I don't know if they did anything beyond that. I don't think so.
Old 06-17-2019, 01:13 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

Quote:
I remembered after Kelly telling Brandon that she loves him, gets off the phone, goes and sees Dylan at the door...and kiss. I don't know if they did anything beyond that. I don't think so.
Hmm who knows but either way, she didn't push him away and it was a betrayal, for sure.

Also, Dylan was completely out of order for doing that knowing how much she and Brandon had been faced with (the fire and Finley)... A horrible way to treat your friend.
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 06-17-2019, 05:35 AM
Master Fan

This is the problem - she let it happen knowing Brandon just lost an election - she is the root cause of the I Choose Me sag - not Brandon nor Dylan. I'm surprised people defend Kelly regarding I Choose Me - this infuriates me. The fact is: she was messing with 2 guys when she was in a relationship, and Brandon being mean to her in Palm Springs was right for him to do. What he should have done from there is sling the ring, move on and find a new girl - let Kelly suffer the consequences for her actions