Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-16-2007, 12:29 PM
Part-Time Fan

Claire and Steve Appreciation Thread: *Dynamite*

This is a thread for the adorable couple of Steve and Clare. The title is taken from the episode "Snowbound" Clare and Steve are racing in their cars, get pulled over by a cop and are made to attend driver improvement school. They spend the whole time arguing and during their banter the instructor asks "Do you fight in bed?" Clare says "Yep." and Steve said "No." and then "It's none of your business." Clare and Steve continue to argue playfully and the guy behind them invites them on a talk show and says "You two are dynamite."

"Snowbound" is one of the best Steve and Clare episodes ever.

Fanlist:

playgroundDiaries
bigtimefan
KellAndSteve4Ever
StubbornWhite
UsagiMamoru
kingjames23
Beautiful Blur
worldsnakreem
SMUSH
Black mamba
.bian.carsan.
KellAndSteve4Ever
yulan
cartiergurl01
4brathan&brucas
Courtz_BV
soul_junkie
Jax527

Last edited by satisfy the crave; 09-27-2008 at 01:48 PM
Old 11-16-2007, 12:32 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yay! I love them. Well at least some aspects of their relationship.

Hey, you have Kelly/Dylan in your sig twice!

Brenda stands alone. Because she can.
Icon by oth. fan
Old 11-16-2007, 12:48 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Friends

Thanks for that thread

I really like these two together too Too bad Claire left after S7 !

Whitney Houston

Greatest Voice Of All
Old 11-16-2007, 03:39 PM
Fan Forum Star

Aww, I loved these two together.

Thanks for starting the thread

Also I love this vid on YT: YouTube - claire and steve - beverly hills 90210

Last edited by ride the lightning; 11-16-2007 at 04:21 PM
Old 11-16-2007, 04:25 PM
Loyal Fan

I was sad when Clare left, too. I really, really, really loved her and Steve together!! The episode where she pretended to take testosterone was hilarious!!

Actually, right now they're airing the last few eps of season 7 on SoapNet. I think they graduate next week and Clare moves to Paris to be with her dad.
Brad Jen
Old 11-16-2007, 04:42 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I think they graduate next week and Clare moves to Paris to be with her dad.
Yeah. And yet, S/Cl have such an intimate moment on the Walsh stairs just before.
Old 11-17-2007, 03:53 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Friends

It really was sad that she had to leave with her dad Steve and her were really great together and they were almost together for two years, S6 and 7 (I'm not thinking about the little separation they could have had between that) and they were making a good couple I really liked that finally we got to see Steve in love with a girl and actually being with her too for a long time, trying to make things work and everything

Quote:
The episode where she pretended to take testosterone was hilarious!
Ahah yeah I love that ep too

Courtz_BV- Thanks for that link, I've never seen a vid on these two

Whitney Houston

Greatest Voice Of All
Old 11-17-2007, 11:44 PM
Master Fan

I am a fan of this couple. They were sweet and funny at the same time.

|| Hook♥Emma || Rafael♥Jane || Ash♥Michael ||
|| Danny♥Lindsay | Dylan♥Kelly | Alex♥Izzie | Lucky♥Sam | Emett♥Bay ||
| Lucas♥Peyton | Pacey♥Joey | Clark♥Chloe | Jeff♥Ginger | Angel♥Cordy | Charlie♥Kirtsen | Neal♥Sara |

Old 11-18-2007, 12:21 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Oh, thanks for starting this thread. We were missing one.
Old 11-18-2007, 04:25 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Friends

Quote:
They were sweet and funny at the same time.
Yeah, they were a good mix of that, really good couple

Quote:
Oh, thanks for starting this thread. We were missing one.
lol yeah I agree
I'm glad we have this thread

Here's a pic :

Whitney Houston

Greatest Voice Of All
Old 11-18-2007, 12:28 PM
Part-Time Fan

Did they have great chemistry, or what? I really thought they would end up together, and was kind of surprised when Clare left him on the beach.

It made me reflect on just how much plot, storyline, character development are shaped sometimes not by creative decisions and process, but the business end - thus the choice made by the character Clare was in reality made either by the actress Kathleen Robertson or somebody upstairs in the money department, maybe someone here knows the details of that real life sub-plot, but it is certainly in the realm of possibility that the creative team had every intention of an eventual Steve n' Clare wedding, but was thwarted by those real-life events, thus we are now presented with a broken-hearted Steve, and I found myself extremely disappointed with Clare, who had matured so much since we first met her that sometimes she seemed to me to be too mature, too serious, but then there was Steve to balance her out, and keep alive that elemental mischievous essence that had so endeared he to me in the first place.

But as she walked away from Steve, from us, from love and happiness, I was obliged to rethink her, and now previous incidents that I had thought of as touching evidence of an understandable closeness to the remaining parent of a child who had lost her mother at a young age were transformed into ominous indications of over-attachment to Arnold, an unwillingness to leave the nest, but with no explanation of how that rambunctious teen had gotten from there to here.

Even the spectacularly brilliant 90210 casting posse would be hard put to find someone who could come close to that magical Clare-Steve chemistry, and I have heard, over the years, people both online and off express the view that Steve never really got over Clare, and "settled" for Janet.

But I don't buy that. Chemistry comparisons, which are, under the circumstances, unfair in the first place, notwithstanding, it would be utterly and impossibly out of character for Steve Sanders to "settle" for anything.

Had he truly never gotten over Clare, were he not totally and madly in love with Janet - or somebody, he would, I believe, have remained a bachelor all his life, but a an ever-hopeful, ever searching bachelor, as we saw in the run-up to his romance with Janet, the joys of carousing playboyhood were wearing thin, our Steve was growing up, he had, with Clare, learned just how cool love could be, and he wanted a relationship that would not only meet that bar, but surpass it.

And he found that, in my view, which is admittedly the view of a hopeless and intractable romantic. The chemistry between Ian and Lindsay is wonderful to watch - her presence is, after all, the doing of that genius casting bunch - but in order to appreciate it, I find that I have to take a tip from Steve, and "get over" Clare myself, and enjoy the Steve-Janet dynamic for itself!
Old 11-18-2007, 10:33 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
maybe someone here knows the details of that real life sub-plot
I'm pretty sure that's when Kathleen wanted to leave to pursue her indie film career. S7, like so many others, was thought to be their last ... and certainly looked like it in that last third or so, esp. with college graduation. So as far as I'm concerned, she 'pulled a Jason P' on us. Heh.
Quote:
but then there was Steve to balance her out, and keep alive that elemental mischievous essence that had so endeared her to me in the first place.
That's so true. And remember when Steve would get the dish on Claire's escapades from Brandon and (not like he wouldn't anyway) he says to her, "If you ever need a date to the prom in the future, please consider me"? Hell, he already knew about the handcuffs.
Quote:
But as she walked away from Steve, from us, from love and happiness, I was obliged to rethink her, and now previous incidents that I had thought of as touching evidence of an understandable closeness to the remaining parent of a child who had lost her mother at a young age were transformed into ominous indications of over-attachment to Arnold, an unwillingness to leave the nest, but with no explanation of how that rambunctious teen had gotten from there to here.
That happened to me too. Hindsight can suck sometimes.

I don't think Steve "settled" for Janet either. I found the S/J camaraderie to be very similar to S/Cl, except Janet was ultimately softer in her remarks. Steve helped Claire be vulnerable, but she always packed in some horns just in case.
Old 11-21-2007, 02:32 PM
Elite Fan

They were my second fave couple on the show! They're amazing and precious and so cute, and probably had one of the best relationships on the show ever! I'm watching Kathleen's last ep on SoapNet and I'm so sad. Clare was always a fave of mine. I'm really craving a Steve/Clare avi right now.
It’s the grandest gesture anyone has ever made for me in my life.
Old 11-21-2007, 03:52 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I'm really craving a Steve/Clare avi right now.
Pick a scene. I'll make one. I haven't seen any at all.
Old 12-01-2007, 02:02 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Who's your fave couple, Jassy?