Sad situation though.

Brenda stands alone. Because she can.
Icon by oth. fan
Old 08-11-2016, 10:12 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I think Shannon's prettier there.
Old 08-12-2016, 12:32 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I also think Shannen looks better in this scene. But I wanna snag Jennie/Kelly's top.

Icon by oth. fan
Old 08-12-2016, 12:35 AM
Master Fan

I really had the hots for Jennie but I have to agree that Shannen does look better here
Old 08-13-2016, 07:41 AM
Fan Forum Hero

This was incredibly sad. "Your secret is safe with me."

Icon by oth. fan
Old 08-13-2016, 09:26 AM
Master Fan

Like the pictures
Old 08-13-2016, 09:10 PM
Fan Forum Hero

She's not overreacting.
Old 08-13-2016, 11:49 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Indeed.

Kelly still felt predominantly guilty in this period. I empathize with her. But from the very next episode she seems more jealous than guilty, and 2 episodes later, in The Back Story, it is jealousy full swing. Brenda noticed she was moody. Kelly used any excuse to roll her eyes at Brenda. She stopped talking to her because Brenda was... smoking? And wanted Dylan to take SATs which was Kelly's business... how, exactly?

I guess there was still a lot of repressed guilt, but I also think Kelly thought she made a self-sacrifice when she gave up Dylan after the summer, so she did not have to feel guilty anymore and could vent her negative feelings and frustration at Brenda.

Icon by oth. fan
Old 08-14-2016, 07:13 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Kelly is guilty for a while, even after they told Brenda the truth. Dylan acted like he didn't care much and said Brenda will be fine. I don't forgive him for putting all that pressure on Kelly to tell Brenda. Why can't he do it? He made the decision.
Old 08-14-2016, 11:10 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I don't forgive him for putting all that pressure on Kelly to tell Brenda. Why can't he do it? He made the decision.
Well, at first it was Kelly who made the decision not to tell Brenda. She definitely decided to tell her only once she was chosen and she knew she would at least have Dylan in case Brenda disowns her, so basically when she was on the safe side. Dylan was a jerk for thinking "honesty is not necessarily the best policy", but he did not put any pressure on Kelly to tell Brenda. Had Kelly wanted to tell Brenda, she could have done that numerous times not waiting for Dylan. And had she been a true friend to Brenda at that point and really chosen friendship over the guy, she would have done that. This way, she basically showed that from the start she teamed up with Dylan, not with Brenda.

Kelly made it seem as telling Brenda late was strictly Dylan's decision, which it was not. Even if it was, it was so stupid to listen to him. She turned into a weak little woman once she hooked up with him.

Dylan was sooo disrespectful to both of them telling Kelly to go tell Brenda if she likes, as if it was none of his business (hallway scene in Back in the High Life Again). It means he did not care about her feelings as well. He only went with her to admit infidelity to Brenda because Kelly blackmailed him with not having sex until they tell truth - together. Kelly realized she could not rely on him and that was one of roots of her insecurity in that relationship.

Icon by oth. fan

Last edited by yulan; 08-15-2016 at 06:43 AM
Old 08-14-2016, 11:10 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Dp.

Icon by oth. fan

Last edited by yulan; 08-15-2016 at 06:42 AM
Old 08-15-2016, 04:37 AM
Master Fan

Still had no sympathy for Kelly regardless - I know, I'm heartless
Old 08-15-2016, 06:49 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Btw, something else crossed my mind. We discussed how Brenda would have reacted to Kelly/Brandon at the end of S4. But I wonder why Kelly did not tell her she was thinking about visiting Brandon in Washington. She told Andrea. I can't remember if she met Brenda a bit before or after that, but she must have thought about visiting him when she talked to her. Yet she did not mention anything. I wonder if she did not want Brenda to go to available Dylan or she was afraid how she would react to possibility of Kelly/Brandon hook up.

Icon by oth. fan
Old 08-15-2016, 08:07 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by yulan (View Post)
Well, at first it was Kelly who made the decision not to tell Brenda. She definitely decided to tell her only once she was chosen and she knew she would at least have Dylan in case Brenda disowns her, so basically when she was on the safe side. Dylan was a jerk for thinking "honesty is not necessarily the best policy", but he did not put any pressure on Kelly to tell Brenda. Had Kelly wanted to tell Brenda, she could have done that numerous times not waiting for Dylan. And had she been a true friend to Brenda at that point and really chosen friendship over the guy, she would have done that. This way, she basically showed that from the start she teamed up with Dylan, not with Brenda.

Kelly made it seem as telling Brenda late was strictly Dylan's decision, which it was not. Even if it was, it was so stupid to listen to him. She turned into a weak little woman once she hooked up with him.

Dylan was sooo disrespectful to both of them telling Kelly to go tell Brenda if she likes, as if it was none of his business (hallway scene in Back in the High Life Again). It means he did not care about her feelings as well. He only went with her to admit infidelity to Brenda because Kelly blackmailed him with not having sex until they tell truth - together. Kelly realized she could not rely on him and that was one of roots of her insecurity in that relationship.

I do agree with you here Esma.
Rachel and I talked about what Brenda would think if Kelly and Brandon got together in the BK thread. Kelly was scared of telling Brenda regarding her and Brandon being an item considering Kelly took her BF and then her brother. But I think Brenda would have been fine about Kelly and Brandon dating
Old 08-15-2016, 08:59 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I agree with you too, Esma!

Good point about Kelly not mentioning anything to Brenda. But then again, maybe she did and just told her to keep it between themselves. Brenda sees Kelly on TV when Brandon meets Clinton - and she doesn't react to it as if she expects it. She then goes to Dylan's, knowing Kelly is away.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread