Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-07-2021, 02:23 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by yulan (View Post)
Me too. I liked Brandon in that episode. He showed a lot of integrity. I also love how he involved Dylan to help Natt defeat the team from Beverly Hills
That's true about Dylan! It was great to see Brandon initiate him into a group activity. He was on the sidelines a lot until that episode.

Quote:
True, me too. I think it's quite typical for the baseball scenes of the 1990s somehow, but also - Jason was such a heavy smoker, I think sometimes they had to let him chew gum in the scenes beucase he desperately needed a cigarette. All the summer epis of S3 are like that.
Ahhh that makes sense
Gwen
Crystal Clear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2021, 02:41 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
That's true about Dylan! It was great to see Brandon initiate him into a group activity. He was on the sidelines a lot until that episode.
Well he did participate before, in his own way. In B.Y.O.B. for example, or when the gang went to Palm Springs (weirdly, without Brandon). But if there was no twins, he would never join the gang because there would be no gang, that is for sure.

I am thinking back to your comment about Jim in Spring Training trying to make Brandon a ruthless leader and it was true. He did act like that, basically like he saw that as the way both for himself and his son to fit into Beverly Hills. And it was similar to what he saw in Jack McKay. Weirdly it was never pointed out somehow.

Brenda stands alone. Because she can.
Icon by oth. fan
yulan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2021, 02:48 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Yes his mullet! I was in mourning for that after the Pilot.

Quote:
Well he did participate before, in his own way. In B.Y.O.B. for example, or when the gang went to Palm Springs (weirdly, without Brandon). But if there was no twins, he would never join the gang because there would be no gang, that is for sure.
He was such a good friend to Brandon in BYOB when he took him to alcoholics anonymous.

Quote:
I am thinking back to your comment about Jim in Spring Training trying to make Brandon a ruthless leader and it was true. He did act like that, basically like he saw that as the way both for himself and his son to fit into Beverly Hills. And it was similar to what he saw in Jack McKay. Weirdly it was never pointed out somehow.
Jim was awful in that episode! People would probably argue that he was injured so it badly affected his mood, but I hated the pressure he put on Brandon.
Gwen
Old 02-07-2021, 03:28 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Yes his mullet! I was in mourning for that after the Pilot.
It did not look bad on him. I do not like that style in general, or on Steve for example, but it was not bad on him.

Quote:
He was such a good friend to Brandon in BYOB when he took him to alcoholics anonymous.
Also, a good reality check and a grounding person for Brandon, who was childishly pouting that he would like to keep drinking to show that he can or something, after he got away very easily for drunk driving, and Jim did not even scold him.

Quote:
Jim was awful in that episode! People would probably argue that he was injured so it badly affected his mood, but I hated the pressure he put on Brandon.
Yeah. He was somewhat different father in S1. There was a lot of tension between him and Brandon, in One of One for example. I liked the family dynamic that S1 explored (also with Cindy/Brenda). Later all the conflicts in the family were redcured to Brenda/Jim, while none of parents had a problem with Brandon's behaviour, and it was boring, and not a good message either. It's not like he did not make big mistakes too.

I guess Jim was more ambitious and insecure about his job in the beginning too, so he behaved like an ass sometimes. Later he became more confident.

Icon by oth. fan
Old 02-07-2021, 11:52 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
It did not look bad on him. I do not like that style in general, or on Steve for example, but it was not bad on him.
Jason was living with Brad Pitt around that time, so the mullet style was probably part of a friendship bid to look alike. Also, the 80's was just full of 'em.

Quote:
Also, a good reality check and a grounding person for Brandon, who was childishly pouting that he would like to keep drinking to show that he can or something, after he got away very easily for drunk driving, and Jim did not even scold him.
Brenda often pointed out the double standard with how Jim treated Brandon compared to Brenda and it was absolutely true. I remember Jim's lame excuse, "it's different with boys" like HOW? The fact he couldn't even explain it says how unfair Jim was to her.

Quote:
I guess Jim was more ambitious and insecure about his job in the beginning too, so he behaved like an ass sometimes. Later he became more confident.
I just watched that season 2 episode where Nat is almost forced to give up the Peach Pit because of Jim's company, and Brandon was so admirable in how he stood up to Jim but also tread dangerous territory by basically calling Nat a father figure.
Gwen
Old 02-08-2021, 06:44 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Brenda often pointed out the double standard with how Jim treated Brandon compared to Brenda and it was absolutely true. I remember Jim's lame excuse, "it's different with boys" like HOW? The fact he couldn't even explain it says how unfair Jim was to her.

Quote:
I just watched that season 2 episode where Nat is almost forced to give up the Peach Pit because of Jim's company, and Brandon was so admirable in how he stood up to Jim but also tread dangerous territory by basically calling Nat a father figure.
There were at least two episodes when Brandon clashed with Jim about his work, that one and East Side Story in S1. Spring Training in a way too. And there were episodes when their tension was explored in other ways, One on One, B.Y.O.B. and Party Fish. Then nothing in S3, and a bit in S4, after Natt's heart attack when Brandon was mad at Jim for not providing him as much money as Jack to Dylan or something.

Icon by oth. fan
Old 02-09-2021, 02:11 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I just watched the episodes where they sent Brenda to Paris in order to get her away from Dylan for a while, and I've gotta say that Brandon's petty attitude is ridiculous.

He's like, "they sent her to PARIS, and that's her PUNISHMENT?"

I can't sympathize with him at all, because he got what he wanted (Brenda and Dylan split up so that Jim and Cindy can stop arguing about it) but then he starts whining like a baby because he felt as if Brenda should have been "punished"... For what? I'm not sure.
Gwen
Old 02-10-2021, 02:51 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I just watched the episodes where they sent Brenda to Paris in order to get her away from Dylan for a while, and I've gotta say that Brandon's petty attitude is ridiculous.

He's like, "they sent her to PARIS, and that's her PUNISHMENT?"

I can't sympathize with him at all, because he got what he wanted (Brenda and Dylan split up so that Jim and Cindy can stop arguing about it) but then he starts whining like a baby because he felt as if Brenda should have been "punished"... For what? I'm not sure.

Icon by oth. fan
Old 02-14-2021, 11:23 AM
Elite Fan

Swipe for both parts:

Icon by oth. fan
Old 02-15-2021, 12:20 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Intersting dog
~My top ships: Brennan/Booth, Shamy, Penny/Leonard, Buffy/Angel, Willow/Tara, Valerie/David, Kelly/Dylan, Monica/Chandler, Ross/Rachel, Angela/Hodgins, Piper/Leo, Jessica/James~Hanna/Caleb, Michael/Ash ~Thanks for 12 years of TBBT!~Aspie~ big Sheldon Cooper Fan~Icon by:https://hogwartsicons.livejournal.com/781206.html ~ PIP Helen McCrory 1968-2021~
BlackWhiteRose is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2021, 01:23 PM
Elite Fan

I do not remember that scene at all.

Icon by oth. fan
Old 02-16-2021, 09:11 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Disney
Bones

Great picture.
msstock87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2021, 01:32 AM
Elite Fan

Icon by oth. fan
Old 02-20-2021, 01:21 AM
Elite Fan

Icon by oth. fan
Old 02-23-2021, 04:33 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Nice pictures.
For me Jason looks better now than then.
~My top ships: Brennan/Booth, Shamy, Penny/Leonard, Buffy/Angel, Willow/Tara, Valerie/David, Kelly/Dylan, Monica/Chandler, Ross/Rachel, Angela/Hodgins, Piper/Leo, Jessica/James~Hanna/Caleb, Michael/Ash ~Thanks for 12 years of TBBT!~Aspie~ big Sheldon Cooper Fan~Icon by:https://hogwartsicons.livejournal.com/781206.html ~ PIP Helen McCrory 1968-2021~
BlackWhiteRose is online now   Reply With Quote
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top