Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Fall TV Shows   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 09-09-2012, 11:36 AM
Elite Fan

Yeah, it's interesting. We didn't get to see Dylan 'leaning on' or 'towards' his supposed other best friend, Steve, in the wake of his divide with Brandon in S5. Basically due to Valerie, and Steve (at least outwardly) being a bit dismissive of an off-the-wagon Dylan. He visits him in rehab, along with Nat and Willie, and all's forgiven. They're cool, bro. But I get that speaks to the earlier point about letting grudges go. By "Injustice for All", with Brandon and Dylan speaking at rehab, I found they were close as ever. Of course, it was 3 eps later that they really worked on their relationship. But yeah, then laughing and throwing cereal at each other.
playgroundDiaries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 11:39 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Beverly Hills 90210

Quote:
Originally Posted by playgroundDiaries (View Post)
By "Injustice for All", with Brandon and Dylan speaking at rehab, I found they were close as ever. Of course, it was 3 eps later that they really worked on their relationship. But yeah, then laughing and throwing cereal at each other.
We just don't see that in real life.
heyitsrachel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 11:44 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Mel, maybe you could make a new OP banner? This thread looks so sad.
Sure, I'll try my hand at one soon.
Old 09-09-2012, 11:48 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Beverly Hills 90210

Quote:
Sure, I'll try my hand at one soon.
Cool. Thanks Mel.
Old 09-09-2012, 12:00 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
But that wasn't funny to Steve. He really felt betrayed even though Val was really the one to blame.
I always thought Dylan knew Steve liked her, just didn't care. I mean, didn't he try to hide her when Steve came and then got punched? I thought he was to blame too, but if he didn't know Steve was into her, then it's different...

Quote:
Yeah, it's interesting. We didn't get to see Dylan 'leaning on' or 'towards' his supposed other best friend, Steve, in the wake of his divide with Brandon in S5. Basically due to Valerie, and Steve (at least outwardly) being a bit dismissive of an off-the-wagon Dylan. He visits him in rehab, along with Nat and Willie, and all's forgiven. They're cool, bro.
Who was Willie?

Brenda stands alone. Because she can.
Icon by oth. fan
yulan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 12:28 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Beverly Hills 90210

Quote:
Originally Posted by yulan (View Post)
I always thought Dylan knew Steve liked her, just didn't care. I mean, didn't he try to hide her when Steve came and then got punched? I thought he was to blame too, but if he didn't know Steve was into her, then it's different...
Yes, Dylan was to blame too. When he slept with Val the first time, he didn't know that she and Steve were involved...so I guess that wasn't his fault....but afterwards, Dylan just couldn't resist Val. Dylan was just going through a lot during that season.

Quote:
Who was Willie?
One of Nat's cooks.
Old 09-09-2012, 01:10 PM
Elite Fan

Yep, Rachel said it. But I also think Dylan didn't know just how serious Steve was about her. And from what he knew of Val, she was not one for a serious relationship. One reason that he wanted Valerie to stay away from "his buddy Sanders, there" - because she would burn him, which she did. Still, there are scenes where Dylan looks visibly guilty and like he knows he's due for an ass-kicking. But yeah, at that point, who wasn't in line to kick his ass? lol
Old 09-09-2012, 07:00 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Beverly Hills 90210

Quote:
Yep, Rachel said it. But I also think Dylan didn't know just how serious Steve was about her. And from what he knew of Val, she was not one for a serious relationship. One reason that he wanted Valerie to stay away from "his buddy Sanders, there" - because she would burn him, which she did. Still, there are scenes where Dylan looks visibly guilty and like he knows he's due for an ass-kicking. But yeah, at that point, who wasn't in line to kick his ass? lol
Very good points! You said it perfectly. It wouldn't have worked out between Steve and Val. I was surprised that Steve didn't take what Kelly told him seriously about Val making out with Dylan.
Old 09-11-2012, 01:16 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Still, there are scenes where Dylan looks visibly guilty and like he knows he's due for an ass-kicking.
Yes, that's what I remember I never got why he pursued that sort-of-relationship with Val although he knew about her involvement with Steve. Not just he would go for Brandon's girlfriend Kelly, but for his other buddy's love interest. He didn't care about her, she was hot but not irresistible and definitely not the only woman on the planet. I guess he was too much off the wagon to really question his own actions and fell into self-pity party when all the damage he could cause to the others seemed irrelevant comparing to his own troubles.

Quote:
I was surprised that Steve didn't take what Kelly told him seriously about Val making out with Dylan.
Well yeah, nobody took her seriously. It was sort of awkward when she informed people, and then Val in a cold-blooded manner said something like, "Yeah, he jumped on me, but that's because he was drunk. He won't remember it tomorrow." And then it's ok?! I was really shocked how they just left it as it was because Val said it so

Icon by oth. fan
Old 09-15-2012, 04:35 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Beverly Hills 90210

Quote:
Well yeah, nobody took her seriously. It was sort of awkward when she informed people, and then Val in a cold-blooded manner said something like, "Yeah, he jumped on me, but that's because he was drunk. He won't remember it tomorrow." And then it's ok?! I was really shocked how they just left it as it was because Val said it so
I wonder if the writers were trying to make Val look like an actress too - another Brenda trait.

Old 09-15-2012, 05:36 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I never got why he pursued that sort-of-relationship with Val
We were having a lengthy discussion of this recently I think either on the Dy/Val thread or Valerie's.

Quote:
"Yeah, he jumped on me, but that's because he was drunk. He won't remember it tomorrow." And then it's ok?!
No, definitely not. Steve seemed upset that Dylan might take advantage of her, beyond the fact that Steve was dating her, and that's one reason he motioned to go in and physically confront him ... then Val stopped him.
Old 09-16-2012, 01:15 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
We were having a lengthy discussion of this recently I think either on the Dy/Val thread or Valerie's.
Ouch, more stuff for me to check

Quote:
No, definitely not. Steve seemed upset that Dylan might take advantage of her, beyond the fact that Steve was dating her, and that's one reason he motioned to go in and physically confront him ... then Val stopped him.
I thought she stopped him with that "He won't remember it tomorrow" sentence. Oh, Steve was so naive. And as much as I like him, he had that ridiculous trait to trust the chicks he liked more than his friends and/or to take their side against his friends (this case and Laura/Brenda clash, for example). And it's not just because he was a gentleman

Icon by oth. fan
Old 09-23-2012, 02:21 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
And it's not just because he was a gentleman
Well, if anyone's prone to think with his zipper, it's Steve.

Okay, made some arts. Some are just for fun/me getting carried away.

Old 09-23-2012, 02:24 AM
Master Fan

They are all really good

Icon by oth. fan
Old 09-23-2012, 11:28 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Beverly Hills 90210

Beautiful art.