Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-12-2019, 06:11 AM
Master Fan

Cool
Old 12-13-2019, 04:09 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

sorry Steve, but your attempts to lecture Brandon on getting a more satisfying/well-paid job when The Peach Pit is literally the most convenient place for the gang to hang out? They seem so fake.
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 12-14-2019, 02:11 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Or lecturing Brandon on anything about the jobs

Brenda stands alone. Because she can.
Icon by oth. fan
Old 01-14-2020, 12:58 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Which one of the guys said this line from the cap below? And to whom, and why? Does anyone remember? Apparently it's S7.

Icon by oth. fan
Old 01-14-2020, 11:31 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I think it's Steve. Probably about Val?
Old 01-15-2020, 02:38 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Possibly.

Now thinking about flirts/love interests of these two, Brandon had a bunch of flirts, but did not sleep with majority of them. Steve did not have that many that we saw, but he scored with almost everyone.

Icon by oth. fan
Old 01-24-2020, 12:48 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Icon by oth. fan
Old 02-09-2020, 05:27 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Icon by oth. fan
Old 02-16-2020, 04:48 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Icon by oth. fan
Old 02-16-2020, 12:33 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

^

I do think the show always carefully tread the line of how they handled these bromances (between Brandon/Dylan and Brandon/Steve) and made sure to depict these men as loving each other unconditionally rather than it going any further, which it probably would now if this show was remade with a different cast. They always joked around about sex with each other, and it was nice to see them just getting along in the same way that the girls did

Also, "If you were any dumber, you'd require fertilizer" -- wow I'm just realizing that the way the gang spoke to Steve was a lot similar to how they treated Ashton Kutcher's character Michael Kelso in That 70's Show And it fits because they were both womanizers who audiences really endeared to, despite both screwing up on numerous occasions.
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 02-16-2020, 01:35 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I do think the show always carefully tread the line of how they handled these bromances (between Brandon/Dylan and Brandon/Steve) and made sure to depict these men as loving each other unconditionally rather than it going any further, which it probably would now if this show was remade with a different cast. They always joked around about sex with each other, and it was nice to see them just getting along in the same way that the girls did
Oh yeah, they were super careful with it. Sometimes even homophobic (when they have Brandon and Steve or Kelly and Donna touching each other, and then super quickly pulling away, as being grossed out by the idea). Brandon and Steve had even more jokes of that kind than Brandon and Dylan, probably because they were longer on the show together.

Nice to see Steve ALMOST comfortable with it, given how the gay jokes involving the two of them started...

Quote:
Also, "If you were any dumber, you'd require fertilizer" -- wow I'm just realizing that the way the gang spoke to Steve was a lot similar to how they treated Ashton Kutcher's character Michael Kelso in That 70's Show And it fits because they were both womanizers who audiences really endeared to, despite both screwing up on numerous occasions.
Oh yes, the gang was super condescending to Steve. Kelly, Brandon, Dylan, somewhat less Brenda, and in the end even David were. I only can't remember Donna and Andrea behaving that way. When I saw David being condescending to Steve for the first time, and I think it was in S4, I was thinking "Wow, David, now you REALLY feel like a part of the gang, given that you feel entitled to **** on Steve, and later Brenda, in front of the their friends."

Icon by oth. fan

Last edited by yulan; 02-17-2020 at 03:16 AM
Old 02-25-2020, 07:56 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

Quote:
Originally Posted by yulan (View Post)
Nice to see Steve ALMOST comfortable with it, given how the gay jokes involving the two of them started...

https://66.media.tumblr.com/1ff7f3c9...e466a42b78.jpg
https://66.media.tumblr.com/d494ee70...202be95a9c.jpg
That episode is one of favourites. I felt so sorry for the guy when the frat leaders graffitied his door to make him feel unwelcome, and Steve's maturity aka that big speech he gives Arnie about the supposed loyalty of the fraternity being nothing but "lip service" if they push someone out for being gay, was amazing.
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 02-26-2020, 01:50 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Icon by oth. fan
Old 02-29-2020, 07:12 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

I liked that season five gave us those sporty friendship moments for them

I think season four didn't do many because of the group's issues with John Sears, plus Brandon trying out for the Council position and they were all stuck-up about it
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 03-01-2020, 06:14 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I liked that season five gave us those sporty friendship moments for them
I always forget that scene is S5. I somehow always think it's S7.

Quote:
I think season four didn't do many because of the group's issues with John Sears, plus Brandon trying out for the Council position and they were all stuck-up about it
I remember Steve and Brandon playing rugby or so in S4 with the KEG guys. Not so many sporty moments with both of them afterwards, true. I did not think about it before, but they really had them every season.

It seems like David was the only guy who was not in sport activities AT ALL. Maybe that's an additional reason why he was sort of an outsider for awhile. Not just his age, attitude and not being connected with the Walsh twins, who did form the core of the gang. He would have to be at least a bit into sports to connect with the rest of the boys earlier.

Swipe for all parts:

Icon by oth. fan

Last edited by yulan; 03-01-2020 at 01:46 PM
Closed Thread   Post New Thread