Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-08-2019, 01:50 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I guess in the beginning Dylan was isolated and lonely, had no one to confide in, was ashamed of his relationship with the parents, and wanted to uphold the image of a mysterious tough guy. But then when Brenda and Brandon showed up, saw him in vulnerable state, and even more important, asked what the hell was going on and did not buy his **** (they both yelled at him when he behaved like a jerk, if you remember, in the Green Room and Isn't It Romantic), it turned out he could barely wait for someone to confide in. And he found the right people.

Brandon did confide in Brenda a lot in the beginning. Later he stopped confiding in anyone, and maybe it is connected to the released pressure from Jim somehow. It is an interesting point about the pressure he was suffering in S1. I think he felt like being under a lot, but Jim assured him his success did not matter so much in One on One. I do not see him being under a lot of parental pressure afterwards. He had their maximal support, and he knew it. I mean, come on, whenever he did something ****ty, like drunk driving, losing money when gambling etc. he was not punished or even scolded.

Brenda stands alone. Because she can.
Icon by oth. fan
Old 11-08-2019, 04:46 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by yulan (View Post)
Brandon did confide in Brenda a lot in the beginning. Later he stopped confiding in anyone, and maybe it is connected to the released pressure from Jim somehow. It is an interesting point about the pressure he was suffering in S1. I think he felt like being under a lot, but Jim assured him his success did not matter so much in One on One. I do not see him being under a lot of parental pressure afterwards. He had their maximal support, and he knew it. I mean, come on, whenever he did something ****ty, like drunk driving, losing money when gambling etc. he was not punished or even scolded.
The only one under parental pressure was Brenda by always comparing the twins and they just elevated his ego.
By pointing out Brenda's wrong doings telling him that he is the good son and that never disappoints them obviously he would act as if he never does nothing wrong.

And him having a job was also a way to make him look better in their eyes.
Old 11-08-2019, 05:00 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Well, yes. I do agree that Brandon was a favored twin.

In any case, Brandon was more open and earnest in S1 than later on the show. He sort of opened up to Dylan about parental expectations in BYOB after he wrecked the car. He said something like, "I want to get drunk again just to show that I can" or something. And then Dylan took him to the AA meeting (which was an another big opening up to Brandon). He did not confide in Brandon just because Brandon was helping him, but also because he wanted to help Brandon. That's a very beautiful thing, now thinking of it.

Icon by oth. fan
Old 11-20-2019, 06:32 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

Quote:
Brandon was more open and earnest in S1 than later on the show. He sort of opened up to Dylan about parental expectations in BYOB after he wrecked the car. He said something like, "I want to get drunk again just to show that I can" or something. And then Dylan took him to the AA meeting (which was an another big opening up to Brandon). He did not confide in Brandon just because Brandon was helping him, but also because he wanted to help Brandon. That's a very beautiful thing, now thinking of it.
That's what I liked about their friendship. They often did things for each other without the need to ask for something in return, nor was it done as a response to something.

Spontaneous kind acts for each other, such as when Dylan saved Brandon from falling off the cliff despite knowing his own life was in danger.
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 11-20-2019, 01:58 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yes, all of that so strong.

Icon by oth. fan
Old 11-28-2019, 02:40 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

Haha playing with his tie

That looks like a genuine Luke/Jason moment. So do their bro-fist moments. I love that it was a reel to real friendship (and for life, in every sense of the word).
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 11-29-2019, 03:45 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
That looks like a genuine Luke/Jason moment. So do their bro-fist moments. I love that it was a reel to real friendship (and for life, in every sense of the word).
yeah. It would be S4, Brandon in task force plotline?

Swipe for more:

Icon by oth. fan
Old 12-01-2019, 01:33 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

Quote:
yeah. It would be S4, Brandon in task force plotline?
Ah, yes. Dylan might be laughing at his suit, but he won't be laughing when he reads the paper and discovers BK got intimate

I remember that season 5 episode in the IG post and how it started off so awkward for them because they kept arguing about their Kelly rivalry.
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 12-02-2019, 05:16 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Ah, yes. Dylan might be laughing at his suit, but he won't be laughing when he reads the paper and discovers BK got intimate

Quote:
I remember that season 5 episode in the IG post and how it started off so awkward for them because they kept arguing about their Kelly rivalry.
Yeah, Sweating it Out. I hated it. And I hated that storyline, and both of them in it. I have been refusing to watch it for years.

And now thinking of it, I can better articulate why. Not just because it was All About Kelly, like the whole S5 was, or because both guys were *******s. To each other and in general. It's also because the whole trope of the native American heritage, and environmental problems, served for comedic purposes, and for bonding of the two over-privileged, rich white guys. (Now don't get me started on Brandon not being rich or privileged. Yes, he was, given that his family had a house in BH. Just not as rich as Dylan. )

Icon by oth. fan

Last edited by yulan; 12-02-2019 at 05:37 AM
Old 12-11-2019, 11:39 AM
Fan Forum Hero

It just occurred to me that, despite Brandon and Dylan being great friends, Brandon definitely being Dylan's closest friend, he barely ever visited Dylan's house.(!) Dylan spent so much time at the Walshes, and I think we did not see Brandon in his house until S3. Maybe in Necessity Is a Mother, but I don't think so. I remember Brandon came for advice in Sex, Lies and Volleyball (maybe it was in Dylan's cabana though), then for the barbecue in A Song of Myself. Then maybe in S4 in Girl from the New York City - do they all gather in Dylan's house? Then he broke into Dylan's house in Twenty Years Ago Today. In S5 he came at the beginning of the season and saw Dylan drinking, and came at least once more when Dylan passed out. In S6 Brandon came with Kelly after Dylan moved out - I guess to deal with his stuff or something. And that was it, I think. Really not much.

We barely saw anyone else from the gang there. Brenda, Kelly and Val were hanging out there, of course, the whole gang came once for the barbecue, and Donna spent some time there with Kelly after they left David in the beach apartment. But I think Andrea, David and Steve were there only once.

Icon by oth. fan
Old 01-25-2020, 04:01 AM
Fan Forum Hero

This angle is rare, huh?

Icon by oth. fan
Old 01-27-2020, 07:54 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Really rare! Good meditation
Old 01-28-2020, 03:58 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Icon by oth. fan
Old 02-13-2020, 12:58 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Icon by oth. fan
Old 02-13-2020, 02:55 AM
Moderator Support Team

i loved those two in every scene

Sophie Devereaux is the finest actress you've ever seen, when she's breaking the law.

LEVERAGE campaign

Closed Thread   Post New Thread