Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-12-2014, 06:58 PM
Fan Forum Star

Added.
msstock87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 07:30 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Didn't he teach her the "Brandon Waltz"?
He totally did. When she was trying to give him dancing lessons in his room. I think it's "Home and Away" or "Presumption of Innocence".
playgroundDiaries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 09:05 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for the add.
{Killian ღ Emma} {Seth ღ Kate} {Arthur ღ Grace} {Dean ღ Jo} {Dylan ღ Kelly}
always protect you is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 05:42 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by msstock87 (View Post)
These two aren't my favorite couple, but they were cute. I enjoyed them while they were together.
It's hard for me to say who my favorite couple is. I remember rooting for Brandon and Kelly early on, but there came a time when Nikki made me forget about Kelly. Of course, my feelings changed once S4 came around. Still, I probably would've supported a Brandon/Nikki pairing until the end if they'd stayed together.
James26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 12:30 AM
Fan Forum Star

I understand that. This is one show where I kind of multi ship. I like multiple couples a lot on this show for various reasons.
msstock87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 01:15 AM
Addicted Fan

This is one of the few times that I've liked two love interests for a certain character.

I've never come across an actual triangle and liked both suitors, but I imagine that would be fun.
Old 05-19-2014, 09:48 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by James26 (View Post)
This is one of the few times that I've liked two love interests for a certain character.
still not as bad as me - I actually enjoyed 3 of Brandon's pairings... I _liked_ Nikki and I _loved_ B/K but I was also a huge fan of the (seemingly) highly unpopular Emily character ;)
I wish Nikki and Emily were there for at least one full season each like Susan and Tracy characters later on :<
penpeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 12:04 PM
Addicted Fan

I have no idea why they got rid of Dana. She and Jason had obvious chemistry, so why get rid of something that's working?

As much as I liked the couple, though, I do admit that it's hard for me to imagine them together as adults. But it might have worked out if given a chance.
Old 05-19-2014, 09:34 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Beverly Hills 90210

I dunno either. At first, I was thinking if they were serious about creating that spinoff with Nikki, Hubert, and Sue was true. But if that was true, it didn't make sense for her to leave the series.
heyitsrachel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 11:46 PM
Addicted Fan

Maybe they just couldn't picture their male lead in a serious relationship with anyone but one of the original girls.

Right now, I can't recall any show in which a guest star became a regular and entered a long-term relationship with the lead. I know that Rachel Bilson was originally a guest on The O.C., but she wasn't paired with the lead guy.
Old 05-25-2014, 02:27 PM
Addicted Fan

If they'd actually made that spin-off and kept her in town, it would've been nice to see Jason guest star.
Old 05-25-2014, 04:52 PM
Elite Fan

I think they got rid of Nikki because the gang was graduating and they didn't know how to incorporate a solid but long distance relationship between Brandon and her going forward. That's all.

Quote:
Maybe they just couldn't picture their male lead in a serious relationship with anyone but one of the original girls.
But apart from Kelly, all Brandon's serious relationships were with non-originals. There's also Dylan/Antonia and Steve/Celeste to consider. Of course, Nikki also represents the first serious and long-term relationship Brandon settled into. Maybe they didn't want to take it on completely, only to have to leave Brandon in heartache at the time of graduation.
Old 05-25-2014, 06:20 PM
Addicted Fan

Brandon stuck around, though -- just like Nikki asked him to -- so I'm still not sure why distance would be a factor in their decision to write her out.

By "serious" I mean long-term.

Like maybe Aaron, Charles, or one of the others would say, "Let's make Dana a regular and see where this Brandon/Nikki thing goes."

Perhaps they couldn't imagine doing that with Brandon and a guest star, because they wanted him open to a relationship like that with one of the originals. But that's just my speculation, of course.
Old 05-25-2014, 06:32 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Brandon stuck around, though -- just like Nikki asked him to -- so I'm still not sure why distance would be a factor in their decision to write her out.
Like when she visited her parents? For it to really progress in S4, they'd want her on set and visiting Brandon at college. ... But she'd still be in high school.
Old 05-25-2014, 07:23 PM
Addicted Fan

When the twins were trying to sort the college situation out, Nikki asked Brandon to choose a local one so they could stay close, and he, of course, eventually settled on CU.

The challenge of attending different schools in S4 could've made for some intersting stories. I don't know if it's still there, but I mentioned that when I made the first OP.

In time, I think that the writers would've mainly given them scenes away from school.
Reply   Post New Thread