Movies

This is why I tuned into 90210 ~

Jason and Jennie's chemistry.

Everything else was unimportant to me

Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 01-26-2018, 01:25 PM
Obsessed Fan

The Brandon/Kelly relationship is definitely what stands out most for me when looking back on the show.

There are other relationships that I enjoyed, like Dylan and Jim, or Brandon and Nikki. But Jason and Jennie really created something special.
Old 01-26-2018, 02:15 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

Between Seasons 4-10 I loved Brandon/Kelly, David/Valerie, Steve/Clare and Dylan/Toni.

Needless to say, I ended up disappointed.
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 01-26-2018, 09:46 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Mmm...yeah. Not one end game.
Old 01-27-2018, 01:59 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

Quote:
Originally Posted by heyitsrachel (View Post)
Mmm...yeah. Not one end game.

I feel as if Dylan and Toni's ending doesn't really count, because she was cruelly snatched away from him whilst they were very happy together. He found his soul mate in her (he even tells Kelly this) and Toni's death was basically the end of the road for Dylan. It hurts him so bad that he can't even talk to his best friend Brandon about it; his only solution was to leave town.

And I wish Dylan had stayed gone. They pretty much ruin what was meaningful about his Season 6 exit by bringing him back in Season 9 after Brandon has left town.

Brandon and Kelly's relationship closure was the biggest pile of garbage I've ever been subjected to seeing. I mean, I've seen some harsh break-ups on shows, but this one took the cake. There's nothing worse than new writers coming in to retcon one of the most important romances 90210 ever had.

David should have ended up with Valerie (his relationship with Donna had nowhere left to go after he cheated on her, and he could talk to Val about things he didn't share with anyone else) and Steve and Clare were great together until they decided to ruin Clare by making her nasty to him for no reason at all before she walked away to an uncertain exit on the beach in that weird Season 7 finale.

Yep, 90210 has had some of the most frustrating relationship break-ups I've ever seen.
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 01-27-2018, 06:17 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4brathan&brucas (View Post)
Brandon and Kelly's relationship closure was the biggest pile of garbage I've ever been subjected to seeing. I mean, I've seen some harsh break-ups on shows, but this one took the cake. There's nothing worse than new writers coming in to retcon one of the most important romances 90210 ever had.
They even teased breaking up the most important relationship in the history of the show: Jim and Cindy.

The B/K break-up wasn't quite the biggest pile of garbage I've seen. I've watched some others that were far more absurd (like Annie and Liam's in the spin-off, before they reunited).

Of the three times Brandon and Kelly broke up, I actually find the S8 separation to be the most tolerable and believable. IMO, Brandon would never cheat on Kelly, and Kelly would never cheat on him with Dylan.

The aborted wedding wasn't realistic, but I think it's the most acceptable break-up in their history.

As I mentioned, I can't see too many alternatives. I don't believe that Brandon would choose any career over Kelly, and you can't kill off Brandon Walsh.

An all-time favorite image.

Last edited by James26; 01-27-2018 at 06:34 PM
Old 01-28-2018, 02:36 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by James26 (View Post)
Of the three times Brandon and Kelly broke up, I actually find the S8 separation to be the most tolerable and believable. IMO, Brandon would never cheat on Kelly, and Kelly would never cheat on him with Dylan.
Brandon did cheat on Kelly. Kelly did cheat on Brandon with Dylan by making out with him.
Old 01-28-2018, 07:05 PM
Obsessed Fan

I was saying that in my opinion those incidents weren't believable.
Old 01-29-2018, 03:25 AM
Master Fan

I agree with James, those cheating incidents weren't believable, well the Emma one definitely was OOC. But sometimes in a relationship, you still have residual feelings for your exes (Brandon with Emily, Kelly with Dylan - that will bound to happen) - however those feelings were going to subside because it was clear cut that the ring story was an indication that BK would become the married couple - you simply don't do a ring story without possible marriage.

Anyway the great thing about BK is the phenomenal chemistry between Jason and Jennie - they really had it going on

Last edited by HipHopKingMike; 01-29-2018 at 05:46 AM
Old 01-29-2018, 10:37 PM
Obsessed Fan

A Dylan/Kelly/Brandon triangle is just a bad idea in general.

It's unrealistic, uncomfortable to watch, and has no real chance of equaling the legendary S3 triangle.

Personally, I cared more about Dylan and Brandon's friendship than Brenda and Kelly's, so I didn't want a triangle stirring stuff up -- especially when they were becoming friends again.

I actually like love triangles sometimes, but usually not when one person comes between an established couple. I'm glad they wrapped it up quickly and restored order.
Old 01-29-2018, 11:01 PM
Fan Forum Star

These two had great chemistry. It really worked on screen.
I am an original”
Old 01-30-2018, 05:15 AM
Master Fan

The love triangle between Brandon/Kelly/Dylan was just terrible and pathetic IMO. Leave the established couple and let the third wheel find their own partner
Old 01-30-2018, 06:59 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I didn't like either triangle but some of it was good story writing.

Old 01-30-2018, 08:32 AM
Master Fan

That kiss was legendary - serious tongue action (seemed to have enjoyed it too)
Old 01-30-2018, 02:00 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopManKing (View Post)
The love triangle between Brandon/Kelly/Dylan was just terrible and pathetic IMO. Leave the established couple and let the third wheel find their own partner
This had me chuckling. I agree, though. Let the other person find their own partner. I disliked S6 and most of S7 because of all the wasted time. B/K should've been together.

On some occasions, I feel like break-ups are what happen when writers get lazy. That's the easy way out. It's far more difficult to keep a couple together and find some interesting stories for them.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread