Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-23-2017, 12:39 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

^ That was an okay episode, definitely better than the wedding (it was the first episode of season 9, right?) but I hated how Brandon upset Kelly even more by saying that the two of them having sex didn't mean they were getting back together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by heyitsrachel (View Post)
I was ok with S8 up until Toil and Trouble. I didn't care about the rest. But I agree with you about hating that wedding episode. I don't know why the guests were applauding at the reception. This was a tragedy.
Season 8 was so odd. I feel like it became just like any silly soap opera, with Kelly getting shot, then getting amnesia, then friction between Brandon & Kelly due to his nightmares over re-living the shooting, THEN him cheating on her (which was so gross and devastating to his character that I basically gave up caring about the show)...

I feel like Season 5 was the last season with quality. Season 7 had some great moments, even though I hated Brandon's girlfriend that year... What was her name? The one who he dumped to get back together with Kelly. She was so whiny and the fact she turned to VAL for support, I mean how dumb can a person be??

But Brandon and Kelly as a couple had their greatest moments in Season 5. Well, until the ridiculous story line where Emily came back and then Kelly joined a cult.
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 04-23-2017, 12:50 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Brenda stands alone. Because she can.
Icon by oth. fan
Old 04-23-2017, 01:21 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

I always loved their intense kisses I remember an interview where Jennie said that Luke hated her doing love scenes with Jason because it hurt his ego.
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 04-23-2017, 01:36 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Icon by oth. fan
Old 04-23-2017, 01:48 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

I remember Steve being the number one supporter of Brandon and Kelly getting back together in Season 7
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 04-23-2017, 02:01 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, and he became a confidence person to both of them.

Icon by oth. fan
Old 04-23-2017, 07:01 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

"I didn't, and I haven't"

Quote:
Originally Posted by yulan (View Post)
Yeah, and he became a confidence person to both of them.
He did, and I always felt that Brandon chose not to go out with Kelly at the Spring Dance of Season 1 out of loyalty to Steve. I mean, he'd literally just told her "Steve wouldn't like this" when Kelly was flirting with Brandon during his campaign run a few episodes before.
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 04-23-2017, 10:14 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Even though it was short, I enjoyed those moments. If Brandon had stayed, I think they would've gotten back together very shortly.
Old 04-23-2017, 11:26 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

I don't think I would've minded so much about the Kelly/Brandon question mark ending, if the writers hadn't pushed Kelly and Dylan back together in Season 9. That was so contrived, and made a mockery of the Season 7 scene where Kelly told Brandon she was only in love with him and not Dylan.

90210 often suffered from contradictory writing, though (how many times did Dylan swap between Brenda and Kelly? He became insufferable).

Brandon and Kelly were the only true constants in each other's lives. That's why it's such a shame that Jason Priestley decided to leave before the show ended.
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 04-24-2017, 12:14 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Icon by oth. fan
Old 04-24-2017, 05:05 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by heyitsrachel (View Post)
Like Chamillionaire, Kelly probably riding Dirty.

I don't think it was right for Kelly assuming that she had a backup plan by choosing herself. Nope.

She was probably ridin' dirty like a pony (Ginuwine)

Wow this thread has got a bit busy
Most of S8 and the fake wedding was a joke but never mind.

Hi 4brathan&brucas I'm Mike!
Old 04-24-2017, 06:40 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopManKing (View Post)
Wow this thread has got a bit busy
Most of S8 and the fake wedding was a joke but never mind.

Hi 4brathan&brucas I'm Mike!
Nice to meet you Mike! I'm Gwen I used to be around here quite often, so it's nice to be back.

Beverly Hills 90210 is kind of a sore subject I was so disappointed with the direction it went in after Season 7 that it's hard to ignore all the negatives, such as how they had Brandon treat Kelly before he left town.

Kelly without Brandon (or should I say, Jennie without Jason) didn't work. It reminded me of when Shannen left in Season 4, and they were stuck with how to handle Dylan's character, so they forced him to go after Kelly again.

Season 5 was great, even though I didn't like Emily Valentine's return (they kept changing her character to attract Brandon, which was stupid).

Season 6 was a mixed bag in terms of quality, but Jennie played Kelly's drug addiction very well (I loved how Brandon and David came to her aid), and I loved Colin and Valerie together - even though the writers broke them up in a very contrived way.

I would have been happy with the Season 7 finale being the Series Finale. It was Graduation, so it would have wrapped things up quite fittingly.
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 04-24-2017, 06:59 AM
Master Fan

Hi Gwen. Nice to hear from you

I'm new in comparison to some of the users on here but I've been on here for over a year now - spent first half of FF on music and 80s, 90s threads as I'm more into R+B/HipHop thing but became a regular on here after that.

Like all Brelly fans and some BD fans too, the program should have finished in S8 with the BK wedding - S9 and S10 was....let me put it blunty, totally useless and irrelevant...no Walshes no BH90210 IMO

BK had a more believable relationship and in reality these relationships do work best in the long run. I didn't buy the cheating and fake wedding crap - it was a deliberate ploy to jump the shark. I wasn't a BK fan to start with (always been a BD and Brandon-Andrea fan) but I grew to love them as my equal fav couple along with Brenda/Dylan.
What made me love them? It will surprise people BUT it was actually this cheating story with Emma that made me ship them because I've realised what the writers were doing and seen the potential of a wonderful relationship being sabotaged unnecessarily

Love Colin and Val together as well as Colin and Kelly
Old 04-24-2017, 07:52 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopManKing (View Post)
Like all Brelly fans and some BD fans too, the program should have finished in S8 with the BK wedding - S9 and S10 was....let me put it blunty, totally useless and irrelevant...no Walshes no BH90210 IMO
Yes I agree The show meant nothing when it fazed out the Walshes (I mean, Brenda moving to London? Jim and Cindy moving to Hong Kong?! Then Jason going, which took the cake... ) and it became just like any other shallow soap opera that focused on the daily problems of spoilt rich BH teenagers. That's not what people tuned in for

Quote:
BK had a more believable relationship and in reality these relationships do work best in the long run. I didn't buy the cheating and fake wedding crap - it was a deliberate ploy to jump the shark.
Part of me always wondered if the writers did the fake-out wedding on purpose, to punish Jason for leaving. It jumped the shark because Kelly and Brandon had been through way too much together to have it all end like that in the blink of an eye. Their pregnancy, Kelly caught in the fire, their misplaced engagement ring... Just a culmination of all these plot points which proved that they really were meant to be together

and to this day, I still refuse to acknowledge anything that degrades them as a couple.

Quote:
I wasn't a BK fan to start with (always been a BD and Brandon-Andrea fan) but I grew to love them as my equal fav couple along with Brenda/Dylan.
I still hate how they turned Dylan into a sleazy character who wanted two girls on the go in Season 3. The way that he switched from Brenda (the TRUE love of his life) to her best friend, then back to Brenda, then Kelly again... It was just ridiculous

Quote:
What made me love them? It will surprise people BUT it was actually this cheating story with Emma that made me ship them because I've realised what the writers were doing and seen the potential of a wonderful relationship being sabotaged unnecessarily
Emma was such a badly written character (and poorly acted, too) because she epitomized the desperate female who was there for no other reason than to break up a committed couple. But I do see your point about how Kelly was able to look beyond Brandon's meaningless one-night stand and forgive him, which truly matured her and I loved their reconciliation scene
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 04-24-2017, 08:35 AM
Master Fan

Yes I thought that the writers deliberately damaged Brandon to punish Jason but it didn't change my attitude about Brandon - he is still my favorite character. I never liked Kelly although I adore the BK relationship. Their love story is a proper couple story which is very believable.
Dylan still didn't end up with either of them and yes I didn't like him post S3. Emma story was just pure sabotage - any wise and sensible person can see this but hey never mind.
Look at it this way, nobody ended up together (according to spin-off).
It was clearly obvious with the BK plots and the ring story that it was destined for this couple to be married at the end and if Jason didn't leave, we would have had that happy ending...oh well, that's life