Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-16-2011, 03:00 PM
Extreme Fan

Aww, and even in the end. They did not get married, but look at the love they had for eachother, even there, when deciding not to go through with it. They were all about respecting and loving eachother, no matter what different paths they decided to take.

Old 01-16-2011, 11:37 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Priscilla. (View Post)
Aww, and even in the end. They did not get married, but look at the love they had for eachother, even there, when deciding not to go through with it. They were all about respecting and loving eachother, no matter what different paths they decided to take.
I'll agree with you about the mutual respect part but I hated it simply because they were coming up with false reasons of why they shouldn't get married (and worse, why they shouldn't be together). To me, the reasons simply wasn't true. To me, their love was special and it kinda served as a role model for the other couples in the group.
Old 01-17-2011, 12:29 AM
Extreme Fan

Yup i see your point. But i don't think it came out of nowhere totally. Like earlier in this season (around the coma episodes) Brandon was already thinking of getting that job in Seattle, and stayed eventually for Kelly. But often i got this feeling (especially in seasons 7 and 8) that there was something more that he wanted to explore really badly. Only there never was a right timing, and now getting married maybe opened up his (and hers) eyes that they still have a whole life ahead of them, and that there are so many things they still wanna do before getting committed. I think this was more the reason why they decided not to go through with it.

Old 01-17-2011, 01:10 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Yup i see your point. But i don't think it came out of nowhere totally. Like earlier in this season (around the coma episodes) Brandon was already thinking of getting that job in Seattle, and stayed eventually for Kelly. But often i got this feeling (especially in seasons 7 and 8) that there was something more that he wanted to explore really badly. Only there never was a right timing, and now getting married maybe opened up his (and hers) eyes that they still have a whole life ahead of them, and that there are so many things they still wanna do before getting committed. I think this was more the reason why they decided not to go through with it.
You're right. I do agree. It was easier for them to stay together in S5 and S7 because they were together in school....so nothing was really pulling them apart. But in S8, they started to get other opportunities which may break them apart. I do agree with you with the reason why they shouldn't be married....but the part that hurt was that they used the same excuse of not to stay together in S9. It was kinda obvious that they wanted to stay together. I guess they both thought that eventually down the road, they'll be together again. When Brandon had the job offer in Washington, he even changed his mind about leaving, mainly I think because he didn't want to leave Kelly. I think Kelly telling Brandon to take the job was only because she wanted the best for him and wanted him to be happy....but to me, she was kinda devastated that he left.
Old 01-17-2011, 01:57 PM
Extreme Fan

Well i didn't think they shouldn't be married for that reason, but it seemed to be the biggest reason for them to cancel it. And yes, like you said, she wanted for him to be happy, she didn't wanna feel like he gave up on such a big opportunity just to be with her, while they were still so young and weren't even sure what the future would hold for them. And knowing eachother for so long, and loving eachother so much, ofcourse it must have been really difficult for them. Allthough i think in the end they were in peace with it, and i could be too. Simply because of the reason you mentioned, that they still loved eachother, that's not the issue. They loved eachother so much that they would actually give up on their relationship for them to be able to do bigger things. It would have been more devastating when they would break up because of not caring about eachother anymore. That's why i personally still see those last moments of them together as meaningful.

And yeah ofcourse the writers had to end it someway since Jason wanted to direct, and personally i'm happy with the way they chose to do that. Allthough it would have been nice and more believeable if they hadn't paired her up so soon again with Matt, after Brandon left.

Old 01-17-2011, 02:20 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Well i didn't think they shouldn't be married for that reason, but it seemed to be the biggest reason for them to cancel it. And yes, like you said, she wanted for him to be happy, she didn't wanna feel like he gave up on such a big opportunity just to be with her, while they were still so young and weren't even sure what the future would hold for them.
I agree with you on that part. I think that the only reason Brandon proposed in 8x29 was to reassure that he was devoted to her. So, yes, they shouldn't have gotten married based on that. But my problem with the breakup in S9 is that they broke up just because they didn't get married. At that time, Brandon didn't have a job offer....so they was nothing breaking them apart except for each other. If they stayed together until the point that Brandon gets the job offer in Washington, that would've made more sense to me.

Quote:
Allthough it would have been nice and more believeable if they hadn't paired her up so soon again with Matt, after Brandon left.
I guess the writers were trying to recreate the BK relationship with Matt/Kelly. I didn't like it either.
Old 01-19-2011, 02:48 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I never saw this before.

Old 01-19-2011, 06:44 PM
Fan Forum Hero

aww, that's cute

Claudia
Old 01-19-2011, 10:22 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Old 01-19-2011, 11:56 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachmurray (View Post)
But my problem with the breakup in S9 is that they broke up just because they didn't get married. At that time, Brandon didn't have a job offer....so they was nothing breaking them apart except for each other. If they stayed together until the point that Brandon gets the job offer in Washington, that would've made more sense to me.
Yeah, i have no explanation for that either, we can just blame that on bad writing i guess.

Thanks for all the pictures/scans, so cute.

Old 01-20-2011, 12:06 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Thanks for all the pictures/scans, so cute.
You're welcome.

I never saw this at this angle before.

Old 01-20-2011, 12:08 AM
Extreme Fan

Wow, hello!
Me either. Thanks so much, finally a more HQ version too.

Old 01-20-2011, 12:11 AM
Fan Forum Hero

^ You're welcome. I can't go to bed yet. I'm in line to use the restroom.

Old 01-20-2011, 12:16 AM
Extreme Fan

I'm familiar with that, haha.

Beautiful! Where did you find all these?

Old 01-20-2011, 12:20 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I'm familiar with that, haha.

Beautiful! Where did you find all these?
Good ol' Google; just like you did. There's still some hidden treasures out there.

I can't remember correctly but I think I have seen this before already.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread