Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 09-12-2008, 01:13 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrhmLz (View Post)
You should compile a signature list of anyone willing to sign it. BK and BD fans ... because they just didn't screw us. They royally screwed us.
Not exactly sure how I'd go about doing that. Just start one like an online petition?

I'll begin drafting the letter now, though I truly hope I don't have to send it. I feel violated by the CW. They took my emotions and my hopes and they toyed with them. They knew they'd get a built-in fanbase because of the title, Jennie, and Shannen, and rather than try and appease those fans to ensure their support even if the show sucked (which it does IMO) they raped us.

I think I'm starting to care a bit too much.

*begins to chant... It's only a TV show. It's only a TV show. It's only a TV show.*

icon: Steffi
Old 09-12-2008, 01:22 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by JiannaRene (View Post)
Not exactly sure how I'd go about doing that. Just start one like an online petition?

I'll begin drafting the letter now, though I truly hope I don't have to send it. I feel violated by the CW. They took my emotions and my hopes and they toyed with them. They knew they'd get a built-in fanbase because of the title, Jennie, and Shannen, and rather than try and appease those fans to ensure their support even if the show sucked (which it does IMO) they raped us.

*begins to chant... It's only a TV show. It's only a TV show. It's only a TV show.*

Yeah, I think an online petition would be the way to go about it. That's how the Brenda fans spread the word and supposedly why Shannen came back once she got word of it.

Hey, at the very least, you get to vent your frustration in a more constructive manner. Even if it doesn't change anything, at least our voices can be heard so they know that. Because right now it feels like we've been ignored or we're being treated like we don't even exist.

It is only a TV show but hey. No harm in sending a letter. It's like a business/consumer dilemma. When they sell "merchandise" the buyer isn't satisfied with? That's kind of like what they've done here.

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.
Old 09-12-2008, 01:27 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Here's a hug, Caro. I know it's hard to be positive when the news officially hits. Even when you're more than half-way expecting it to. I still feel the same way ... very agitated and frustrated.
Thanks Heather I really needed that. Yeah, I was expecting for them to kill my hopes entirely, but that definitely doesn't make the pain to go away

Quote:
Word. That's how I feel now: raped, cheated, abandoned...double screwed. If you're planning on writing that letter, I'm definitely with you. I'd write my thoughts there too and sign it, gladly.

Quote:

That's something I should try to think too...it's definitely only a TV show...too bad I invested lots of my teen years in it, in two big ways: with BD and BK...

I have to go for lunch, girls...Brb!
Old 09-12-2008, 01:40 PM
Part-Time Fan

So here's a really rough draft. Anyone's comments/suggestions/additions are more than welcome.

Quote:
To Whom It May Concern:

We, the undersigned, are writing to express our extreme displeasure with the recent turn of events on your new television series 90210, involving the parentage of Kelly Taylor’s son, Sammy. Though Kelly Taylor and Dylan McKay may have ended up a couple in the series finale of Beverly Hills, 90210, most fans would agree that they did not belong together.

Having Dylan as the father of Sammy is a slap in the face to fans of the original series. Expressions such as “toyed with”, “mocked”, “violated”, “ignored”, and “raped” have been used by numerous individuals on various fan forums dedicated to both the original and the new 90210.

Therefore, as a dedicated fan of the original Beverly Hills, 90210 we refuse to contribute to the ratings of your new 90210 which makes a mockery of the true feelings of the majority of Beverly Hills, 90210 fans.

Old 09-12-2008, 01:57 PM
Extreme Fan

Hey everyone! Could I be added to Brandon/Kelly supporter list? I would greatly appreciate it. And of course I would love to join in on the conversation too!!

AJ
Old 09-12-2008, 02:00 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JiannaRene (View Post)
So here's a really rough draft. Anyone's comments/suggestions/additions are more than welcome.
I think we can do more than just an online petition, because I don't think they will consider that as an authentic call from us. Online petitions are not official to be honest and anyone can sign 20 times or more. I think we should write to the CW and to Jason's agents.

Here are the following addresses I have:

For contacting Jason or reaching his agents:

Management:
THRULINE ENTERTAINMENT
JB Roberts
9250 Wilshire Blvd.
Ground Floor
Beverly Hills, CA 90212
(310) 595-1550 Phone (direct)
(310) 595-1500 Main
(310) 595-1505 Fax

E-mail JB Roberts <jb@thrulinela.com>

American Agent:
UNITED TALENT AGENCY
Ruthanne Secundar
9560 Wilshire Blvd.
Beverly Hills, CA 90212
Phone: (310) 273-6700
Fax: (310) 247-1111
E-mail Ruthanne Secundar <secundar@unitedtalent.com>

Canadian Agent:
CHARACTERS
Jennifer Goldhar Gossack
8 Elm Street,
Toronto, Ontario
M5G 1G7
Canada
Phone: (416) 964 8522 x 101
Fax: (416) 964 8206
E-mail Jennifer Goldhar Gossack <jgoldhar@canadafilm.com>

To contact the CW:

CW Feedback

feedback@CWTV.com

You can directly write a letter to the new 90210 executive producer, Gabe Sachs to ensure Jason Priestley gets on the spinoff. Its worth a shot!

Sachs-Judah Productions
555 Brooksbank Avenue,
Building 9, Suite 240
North Vancouver, BC V7J 3S5

Contact the CW at:
CW Network
3300 W Olive Ave
Burbank, CA 91505
USA

"Last night made me sad." "I felt Connected " "So did I, Incredibly"
Old 09-12-2008, 02:27 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by KellyChoseBrandon (View Post)
Here's the episode 4 clip that was on Global:

YouTube - 90210 Promo "The Bubble" 1.04

Warning: BK and BD fans aren't going to like it

it makes me so mad!!! i wish it was brandon!
Got that right!

These writers must be on crack or something!

I object to this crapola!

Archie & Veronica
Brooke & Lucas Dylan & Brenda

Old 09-12-2008, 02:28 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Oh cool. You have all the information. Awesome.

Good job so far, JiannaRene. We can add some of the following to the content ...

"We are clearly speaking on behalf of a big part of the original fanbase that feels ignored and insulted by recent developments with the original, character continuation. And as if a possible Dylan/Kelly paternity revelation wasn't enough, it disappoints us, no let us be honest here, it disgusts as that any furture storyline involvement with a Dylan/Kelly pairing is intended to represent the majority fanbase of original fans. Quite frankly, we may not be able to change your minds in storyline direction, actually we won't even delude ourselves into thinking it possible, but we will make our voices known that this is not what a great number of us had in mind when you claimed to be bringing back "old fanbase nostalgia." Most of us have read interviews and we've followed articles with alot of misconceptions attached to them about the overall fanbase. Your producers claimed in one article ... "I hope people realize this is a new show?" Really? Then, may we as the fans ask why it feels like the new show picked up with season ten from the original show? Contrary to a misguided belief, many of us were abhorred by the notion of a Dylan/Kelly resurrection despite whether preferential couplings were intact on this new show or not."

Feel free to add that if you'd like.

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.
Old 09-12-2008, 02:38 PM
Part-Time Fan

Looks good... I'll ad it in, GrhmLz.

I fully plan on sending this as a letter as well. I just want to get the petition to get people riled up about it. I know they (producers) probably won't take it seriously, but maybe.

Or, we can just use this as a draft that people can copy and paste and send to the different addresses. I know that the majority of fans are probably pissed about the direction of the show, but how many of them can actually take the time to write a letter. If they have something they can just copy and paste, add their own thoughts or two, it should be easy for them. Hell, if I could, I'd supply the stamp as well.

I just want to see something happen. I feel walked all over.

Old 09-12-2008, 03:06 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I agree that alot of people tend to feel the same way, it's just that not many of us take the time out of our lives to express it, myself included. Probably another reason why we get so misunder-represented.

Small suggestion. We can take this into the anti-DK thread since it seems to be a more fitting place for it to be. And then anyone else interested can join in over there.

Let the BK continue in here. As hard as that is at the moment. Otherwise, we all know where we can vent.

Old 09-12-2008, 03:28 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
I agree that alot of people tend to feel the same way, it's just that not many of us take the time out of our lives to express it, myself included. Probably another reason why we get so misunder-represented.

Small suggestion. We can take this into the anti-DK thread since it seems to be a more fitting place for it to be. And then anyone else interested can join in over there.

Let the BK continue in here. As hard as that is at the moment. Otherwise, we all know where we can vent.
Good idea. I'll post what we've written thus far. This thread is all about the BK love... For now...

Old 09-12-2008, 03:41 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, otherwise, the mods can say something to us. We are all clearly frustrated and some minor venting here is fine but the other stuff definitely seems more appropriate for the other thread since it's for BK supporters, BD supporters or anyone else who just doesn't care for DK.

Nice pics. I'm glad that "Two people" *ahem* are placed next to each other, like they should be, in one of them.

Old 09-12-2008, 03:52 PM
Part-Time Fan

Yes, I will try and keep my hatred for K&D in the anti-K&D thread... Sometimes I get a bit passionate about things, though.

Anyway... Question to stir up the K&B love...

Top 5 Kelly & Brandon Moments:
1. Season five, Brandon attempting to rush out the door to meet Valerie in the airport but is "distracted" by Kelly and his missing socks...
2. Season five, Brandon's proposal
3. Season one, Kelly spying on Brandon while he's attempting to make a basket in his laundry hamper thingy
4. Season eight, table sex/elevator sex/all that good stuff
5. Season four, Changing Partners - entire latter part of the episode

Mine are slightly skewered because I haven't seen the latter episodes since they originally aired and I'm about 1/3 of the way through the season five DVDs, but I remember Toil and Trouble from season eight quite well as well as Brandon's propsal.

Old 09-12-2008, 03:55 PM
Master Fan

I'm back I love what you've written so far, girls! I'll join the discussion in anti-DK thread

Oh...and I'm glad to see pretty BK pics Last one is from one of my fave photoshoots ever They were so happy and free there...

ETA: I'll be back and answer your questions in a minute JiannaRene
Old 09-12-2008, 04:02 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caris_leogirl (View Post)
Oh...and I'm glad to see pretty BK pics Last one is from one of my fave photoshoots ever They were so happy and free there...
Mine too. That picture especially... It just seems like he's whispering sweet nothings in her ear and she's loving it. I dunno. They were adorable. Always. I loved their photoshoots together.

Oh, and you can just call me Jianna. That would have been my username but it's from my disabled account and I didn't know how to get that back activated or whatever. Rene is my middle name.

Closed Thread   Post New Thread