Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 07-01-2018, 02:19 PM
Master Fan

Gwen you Carrey on posting

I think we all have difference of opinions regarding when BK should get together but one thing remains the same: our immense love and support for this couple.

Sorry I've not been too much on the board as I've been too busy watching the knockout stages of Fifa World Cup and probably be invisible on Tuesday evening as England are playing and I'm inviting some friends over to my house
Old 07-01-2018, 08:13 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingMikeTarzan (View Post)
Sorry I've not been too much on the board as I've been too busy watching the knockout stages of Fifa World Cup and probably be invisible on Tuesday evening as England are playing and I'm inviting some friends over to my house
No worries. You’ve still posting more than I am. I’m not into the World Cup but I hope you’re having fun watching it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal Clear (View Post)
Thanks for the name change, Rachel
You’re welcome. Thanks for joining in this great discussion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal Clear (View Post)
To add to the discussion, I disagree with you guys that B/K might not have happened in Season 5. I believe Darren Star, when he said they were saving them for when Kelly had matured. I felt that turning point for her was in S4.
I agree. But I think that Darren Star would’ve also promoted BK in a sense that they needed another power couple to boost ratings (even if Kelly hadn’t matured). But they may have just got Kelly all matured up by S4 so that when they need to use BK, she’ll be ready – whether it was in S4, S5, or S6.

Quote:
Originally Posted by James26 (View Post)
Really, every girlfriend but those two is simply irrelevant to me. Every last one of them.
I really wanted Melissa to stay longer. She was nice and I think that Brandon could’ve learned how to be a good father just by being around her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingMikeTarzan (View Post)
I do think Brandon kept going with the wrong girls including Emily (even though I'm a fan of Brandon and Emily). Nikki wasn't given much of a chance, Andres would be better as friends long term, Lucinda toyed with him, Susan was like another Andres in a way, Tracy was clingy, and his one episode girls were....well it was like I'm here today but gone tomorrow
I just couldn’t stand Brooke. She was really getting on my nerves with her personality and her haircut.

Quote:
The thing about Brandon's other girlfriends is, I wasn't just indifferent to them, I actually disliked most of them. I find the whole situation weird. Brandon's a great guy, but he had horrible taste in women.
He sure had hooked up his share of girls that I didn’t like. But I don’t think he had bad taste in women. I think he wanted to give all his girlfriends a fair chance and the benefit of the doubt to make him happy and for him to make them happy.

Quote:
If he'd just stuck with Kelly or Nikki, I wouldn't have minded. But there was little chance of that with these writers.
Him and Nikki were good. But I agree that the writers had different plans for them. But I would’ve thought they would’ve dated till after they graduated in S3 and then break up.

Quote:
Now this I concur with. While I'm not as certain as others that they would've delayed B/K, almost everyone can agree that D/B would've been reunited at some point had she never left. And, yeah, probably in S5.
I agree. I also think that just like B/D, people would think that B/K would’ve gotten back together at some point as long as Jason and Jennie were still on the show. Even Brandon and Kelly themselves thought that. I was actually kind of surprise that not everyone seemed bummed about Brandon leaving. I thought for sure everyone would be crowding around watching Brandon drive off, like they did with Andrea. I was really disappointed that Kelly wasn’t there to say goodbye to Brandon when he drove off. I like that David gave him a special shoutout on his radio show but it’s not the same.

Quote:
B/K fans were always upset about Jason leaving. I've never really thought about how D/B fans went through the same thing. Empathy.
Good point. I think that some fans may have been happy to see Shannen leave the show. And given that Jason was the last Walsh character to leave, fans may have felt that he was leaving the show to rott.

Quote:
I remember the promo for the S4 finale. The narrator mentioned that B/K had been building for years, and that it was finally going to happen. Even my mom, who wasn't a fan, overheard that and took notice.
The buildup was all worth it.
Old 07-01-2018, 10:26 PM
Obsessed Fan

I suppose that Brooke's haircut wasn't that great. But Kelly's super-short hair later on, which they tried to convince us that Brandon liked, was the worst in the history of this show. I'll add that to the long list of things the producers never should've gone along with. Glad it didn't last long.

Brandon did deserve a better send-off. It wasn't terrible, but I agree that it should've been akin to Andrea's.

Really? They would have me believe that everyone will make a huge deal about the Walsh family leaving at the end of S1, but it's just another day when Brandon leaves years later? No.

And I'll never believe the "no regrets" nonsense. Jason was leaving, so the writers tried their best to make the B/K break-up realistic. But it simply could not be done at that stage of their relationship.
Old 07-02-2018, 07:21 AM
Master Fan

Lord have mercy about Brooke - she was his worst GF along his affair with Emma. He did have some bad GFs in his one episode flavas. Lucinda toyed him and Tracy was clingy.
I guess Emily was crazy and obsessive for him in the long term although I would like it to be. Susan would have been good for long term but she was bossy. So in the end Kelly just seemed to fit better with Brandon than anyone else even though I can't stand her
Old 07-02-2018, 10:04 AM
Obsessed Fan

While I can't agree that Brooke was his worst girlfriend, I definitely agree that his best relationship was with Kelly.
Old 07-02-2018, 01:56 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Agreed. I also didn't like him and that Keeping it together chick.
Old 07-02-2018, 02:07 PM
Master Fan

You mean Lydia Leeds? I thought she was hot but personality wise she was quite wretched
Old 07-02-2018, 05:34 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yes. She was super spoiled.
Old 07-03-2018, 01:43 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

Nothing is worse than Brandon/Emma.

I'd like to believe that even anti- BKers agree with that.
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 07-03-2018, 06:11 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Old 07-03-2018, 06:13 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

It was a cheap fling with a nasty, selfish + vain woman that made Brandon look gross. Unforgivable move from the writers
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 07-03-2018, 01:30 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Filthy: just plain filthy. I wonder if they even took the time to review the safe sex practices manual and discuss the positions they'll be using on each other.
Old 07-04-2018, 02:32 AM
Master Fan

It was nasty and they did the nasty
Old 07-04-2018, 11:07 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm surprised Emma didn't make a sex tape just to make things worse. But I think at that point, she may have thought she had a chance to get Brandon to leave Kelly and be with her.
Old 07-04-2018, 01:57 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

Quote:
Originally Posted by heyitsrachel (View Post)
I'm surprised Emma didn't make a sex tape just to make things worse.

The clever so-and-so made sure to get something just as bad as a sex tape - Brandon on tape, admitting "it was good."

I really hated how naive the writers made him look at that point.
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Closed Thread   Post New Thread