Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-25-2018, 10:09 AM
Master Fan

Oh Ok. I get you my co-moddie
Old 06-25-2018, 11:54 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Please don't call me that. It just drives my level of angst up. Just kidding.
Old 06-26-2018, 02:09 AM
Master Fan

Old 06-26-2018, 06:01 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Old 06-26-2018, 08:41 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

^ One of the best scenes of 90210, everybody's reactions are some of the most genuine moments ever in the show

Plus, I loved Jason and Jennie's hairstyles at that point
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 06-26-2018, 01:15 PM
Master Fan

I love that moment. I just love the way Kelly grabbed Brandons face and kissed him - he looked pleasantly shocked
Old 06-26-2018, 01:24 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I don't think he thought much of it at the time but he didn't mind the affection.
Old 06-27-2018, 04:45 AM
Master Fan

He enjoyed the sudden affection
Old 06-27-2018, 04:51 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

And I think it was the last time that the group was all together like that. You know, pre-Val years, just chilling together and no insane drama happening.

Don't get me wrong -- I love the Brandon/Kelly years but I think Season 4 was equally good for how it set the foundation for them to be together.

It's also nice to see Dylan + Steve smile like that. It doesn't happen often with either of them beyond S4.
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 06-27-2018, 05:52 AM
Fan Forum Hero

S4 was a good relationship development year for them. They started to spend more time together when the writers knew that they had to use their backup couple (BK) in S5.
Old 06-27-2018, 06:11 AM
Master Fan

Their foundation was certainly good and yes it was a back up plan.

Personally I would have liked to have developed them in either S3 without the Bermuda triangle OR maybe quite late on after Bermuda triangle has been finally settled once Kelly got more mature around S6 - I think that would have perfect time for Brandon and Kelly to really get together with no Dylan or Emily interfering in their lives
Old 06-27-2018, 06:43 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingMikeTarzan (View Post)
Personally I would have liked to have developed them in either S3 without the Bermuda triangle OR maybe quite late on after Bermuda triangle has been finally settled once Kelly got more mature around S6 - I think that would have perfect time for Brandon and Kelly to really get together with no Dylan or Emily interfering in their lives

I often wonder how different Season 3 would have been, if Luke Perry hadn't gone to the writers' room and requested more screen time with Jennie.

Would they have put her with Brandon sooner? I'd like to think so. They really didn't do much of significance with Brandon's love life in Season 3.
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 06-27-2018, 07:16 AM
Obsessed Fan

He got his first steady girlfriend in Beverly Hills during S3. She was also his best besides Kelly IMO.

That's an interesting point about Luke's input. I'm not sure what would've happened had he not spoken up. I found the D/B drama a little tiresome at times, so I didn't mind getting a break from it.

It's hard for me to label Brandon and Kelly a back-up plan, seeing as D/B were already broken up for a year at that point. I've never heard that the writers would've reunited them in S5 had Shannen stayed. I know it's possible, though.

In any case, I think that B/K were meant to be. I always wanted to see them together, and it felt very natural when it finally happened.
Old 06-27-2018, 07:43 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

Quote:
Originally Posted by James26 (View Post)
He got his first steady girlfriend in Beverly Hills during S3. She was also his best besides Kelly IMO.
I forgot about Nikki I was too busy remembering that annoying woman from the BH Beach Club who played him and Steve off of each other

Quote:
That's an interesting point about Luke's input. I'm not sure what would've happened had he not spoken up. I found the D/B drama a little tiresome at times, so I didn't mind getting a break from it.
From what I read, he was having off-screen issues with Shannen at the time. Even if that's true, I don't see why the writers HAD to listen to him He didn't own the show.

Quote:
It's hard for me to label Brandon and Kelly a back-up plan, seeing as D/B were already broken up for a year at that point. I've never heard that the writers would've reunited them in S5 had Shannen stayed. I know it's possible, though.

In any case, I think that B/K were meant to be. I always wanted to see them together, and it felt very natural when it finally happened.
"Back-up plan" seems quite dismissive of what B/K grew to be. I thought it was obvious that they were gonna happen, ever since Season 1.

Like Darren Star said, Kelly just needed to do some maturing first.
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 06-27-2018, 01:40 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm glad the writers and producers took feedback from the cast.

BK in S3 would've been fine with me. She was doing a good job maturing in S3 compared to s2.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread