Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-02-2019, 07:11 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Either Brandon forgot how long ago it was when they went to Spring Dance together or it was just forgetfulness from the writers itself - I'll say do the math
I think it was the writers for sure, because Kelly did not correct Brandon. Maybe they did not even forget, but tried to shorten the whole thing on purpose.

I saw that scene on insta recently, but I can't find it now. Meh.

Brenda stands alone. Because she can.
Icon by oth. fan
Old 12-03-2019, 02:19 PM
Master Fan

Lord knows if the writers got it wrong or Brsndon has but one thing for sure - he certainly didn't forget about the Spring Dance with Kelly. I kind of agreed with Brandon in S1 for not taking it further with Kelly at that stage but saying the sister comment after making out with her was just ridiculous
Old 12-04-2019, 02:26 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Lord knows if the writers got it wrong or Brsndon has but one thing for sure - he certainly didn't forget about the Spring Dance with Kelly.
It was writers messing up the timeline, maybe even intentionally. I mean, do you really think both Kelly and Brandon could forget the year when the Walshes moved in and then when the Spring Dance was? I don't think so.

Icon by oth. fan
Old 12-05-2019, 02:32 PM
Master Fan

I'm sure Brandon will remember that kiss at the Spring Dance - he certainly couldn't erase that. Their lips connect strongly
Old 12-07-2019, 03:07 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

Quote:
Originally Posted by yulan (View Post)
Remember when Kelly and Brandon in S4, either Change Partners or Mr.Walsh goes to Washington, talk about Spring Dance, and I think he says, "That was almost a year and a half ago." I was like - dude, that was THREE years ago! What the hell?!
I noticed that too

I couldn't figure out if it was a major continuity error, or the timeline for the show is just very different to the 3 seasons' difference (for example, the show picks up very shortly between seasons 1 and 2, then seasons 2 and 3. So maybe Brandon was technically right? Or am I giving the writers too much credit? )
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 12-09-2019, 08:37 AM
Master Fan

Whatever it was, at least he danced with Kelly again
Old 12-11-2019, 10:02 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I couldn't figure out if it was a major continuity error, or the timeline for the show is just very different to the 3 seasons' difference (for example, the show picks up very shortly between seasons 1 and 2, then seasons 2 and 3. So maybe Brandon was technically right? Or am I giving the writers too much credit? )
The show definitely continued summer episodes of S2 and S3 immediately after the previous season ended, and it still does not make sense. Even if we count S1 as just one semester, and S2 as well, S3 was a whole year, so it was at least 2 years after the Spring Dance. Makes no sense in any case.

I do not see why it would be just one semester for S1 and S2. They just made the gang repeat a whole junior year without any explanation.

I loved Kelly/Brandon square dance! They were great in that episode, but especially while flirting at the party. There was a lovely clip on insta, but I forgot where.

Icon by oth. fan
Old 12-12-2019, 06:16 AM
Master Fan

Brandon dancing was a must see attraction in itself
Old 12-13-2019, 04:01 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

Quote:
Originally Posted by yulan (View Post)
The show definitely continued summer episodes of S2 and S3 immediately after the previous season ended, and it still does not make sense. Even if we count S1 as just one semester, and S2 as well, S3 was a whole year, so it was at least 2 years after the Spring Dance. Makes no sense in any case.

I do not see why it would be just one semester for S1 and S2. They just made the gang repeat a whole junior year without any explanation.
Just lazy writing with no accounting for continuity, then

Quote:
I loved Kelly/Brandon square dance! They were great in that episode, but especially while flirting at the party. There was a lovely clip on insta, but I forgot where.
The mesmerized look on Brandon's face when he realizes that Kelly has remembered everything he had ever said to her back in season 1 is golden. Jason just played it perfectly. He looked so in love with her.
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 12-14-2019, 02:27 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Just lazy writing with no accounting for continuity, then
Either laziness, or I think they might have really done that on purpose, to, IDK, make Brenda/Dylan shorter than Kelly/Dylan (but then again, why would they). No idea how they meant to justify it.

Quote:
The mesmerized look on Brandon's face when he realizes that Kelly has remembered everything he had ever said to her back in season 1 is golden. Jason just played it perfectly. He looked so in love with her.
Yeah, they were great in S4. I am not a fan of this pairing, but I really like them in S4.

Icon by oth. fan
Old 12-16-2019, 11:01 AM
Master Fan

I loved that scene
Old 12-16-2019, 03:48 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

Season 4 is my favorite, Esma

Every time I think of this show, my mind switches to MR WALSH GOES TO WASHINGTON.

Like, that's just the perfect 90210 episode to me.

It has all kinds of melodrama (David cheating on Donna, Andrea having a hard time giving birth) which is gripping, but most of all, it has various of my ideal endgame couples finally reuniting: Steve/Celeste, Dylan/Brenda and of course, Brandon/Kelly.

As a BKer since the Pilot, I cannot stress how happy that double-hander episode made me.

I liked that it wasn't wholly obvious that they were gonna hook up, yet when it happens, it's not surprising at all because you realize how much subtle build-up they had.
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 12-17-2019, 02:52 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Every time I think of this show, my mind switches to MR WALSH GOES TO WASHINGTON.
For Kelly/Brandon, I actually like Change Partners better.

Quote:
I liked that it wasn't wholly obvious that they were gonna hook up, yet when it happens, it's not surprising at all because you realize how much subtle build-up they had.
Yeah. When they got together in S4, it felt so... well deserved somehow. It did not happen all of a sudden, it made a lot of sense in terms of characters development too. The most important, references to their past were recognizable. No revisionism there. When they talked about making a move on each other at the Spring Dance, that was something WE ACTUALLY SAW. Despite the wrong info that it was a year and a half before instead of three, as we have discussed some days ago They even mentioned he said he felt like she was his sister back then, right? And what was his comment about it in S4?

Icon by oth. fan
Old 12-17-2019, 08:07 PM
Fan Forum Star

When they finally got together it was nice to see. They had great build up to that moment.
I am an original”
Old 12-18-2019, 08:31 AM
Master Fan

I'm probably the only BK fan who would have wanted BK to start in S6, maybe because I wanted Brandon and Emily relationship in S4 and S5 but I guess that is just my preference in the order I would like it