Fan Forum Hero

This can go the Musketeers thread too, but:

Brenda stands alone. Because she can.
Icon by oth. fan
Old 02-16-2020, 12:38 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

^ This is why it always annoyed me that Brandon didn't react stronger to the Dylan/Brenda/Kelly triangle that emerged. He used to care so much about his sister's feelings AND Dylan's feelings early on in the show when Jim would intervene in DB, but when Brenda was actually betrayed by Dylan and Kelly, it was as if Brandon barely even cared. It just made zero sense to me.

I suppose you could argue that he was distracted by his gambling addiction, but that's just a meek excuse for the fact that the writing wasn't good enough and lacked continuity in the friendship department.

The fact that they had Dylan tell Brandon "look out for your sister" (ugh such a condescending line ) speaks volumes about how the dynamics between Brandon, Brenda and Dylan had really broken down by mid season 3.
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 02-16-2020, 01:17 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
^ This is why it always annoyed me that Brandon didn't react stronger to the Dylan/Brenda/Kelly triangle that emerged. He used to care so much about his sister's feelings AND Dylan's feelings early on in the show when Jim would intervene in DB, but when Brenda was actually betrayed by Dylan and Kelly, it was as if Brandon barely even cared. It just made zero sense to me.

I suppose you could argue that he was distracted by his gambling addiction, but that's just a meek excuse for the fact that the writing wasn't good enough and lacked continuity in the friendship department.
Yeah, I guess we can say he was tired from all their drama, did not want to interfere too much because he was a reserved person, but... no. Brandon LIVED for interfering into Brenda and Dylan's personal matters - especially Brenda's, even more before Dylan showed up. It was just the writing leaving Brenda alone and trying to convince us it was not a big deal and Brenda was just a drama queen about it all.

S3 actually distanced Dylan from both twins in order to bring him closer to Kelly. He and Brandon stayed best friends, of course, but they did not share so many close scenes like in S1-2.

Icon by oth. fan
Old 02-25-2020, 07:42 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

Quote:
Originally Posted by yulan (View Post)
S3 actually distanced Dylan from both twins in order to bring him closer to Kelly. He and Brandon stayed best friends, of course, but they did not share so many close scenes like in S1-2.
Exactly. When friendships break down as romances change, this is when shows start to suffer.

It was never believable how Jim and Brandon both barely reacted at all to Dylan breaking Brenda's heart in Back in the High Life Again. The Jim and Brandon of season one would have punched him, at least.

I just got the feeling that the show changed dramatically after Darren Star stopped writing for it, and not in a good way.

Gorgeous pic, they looked and acted so much like brothers
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 02-26-2020, 02:07 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I just got the feeling that the show changed dramatically after Darren Star stopped writing for it, and not in a good way.
Definitely.

Icon by oth. fan
Old 02-29-2020, 06:53 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

So cute, but it's hilarious how the hoodie guy looks like a photobomb moment
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 03-01-2020, 01:54 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Jason's words on Luke we all read, but they still feel heartbreaking :heartbreak:

Icon by oth. fan
Old 03-04-2020, 05:50 PM
Fan Forum Star

Beautiful words.
I am an original”
Old 03-04-2020, 11:50 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Jason posted this for the anniversary of Luke's death...

Icon by oth. fan
Old 03-09-2020, 03:48 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

So sweet

-- Not that he had to publically address it of course, because paying respects can be a very personal thing. But it is nice to see that he is still in Jason's thoughts.

Also, love that version of the pic
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 03-10-2020, 02:43 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
-- Not that he had to publically address it of course, because paying respects can be a very personal thing. But it is nice to see that he is still in Jason's thoughts.
Poor guy was harassed so much online (especially on instagram) when Luke died (along with Jennie, Tori, Gabby and Brian) for not posting or saying something publicly "soon enough" that he's probably still traumatized for it.

Super sweet pics of our guys:

Icon by oth. fan
Old 03-11-2020, 06:16 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

They always looked like brothers in their photoshoots. Their poses were so similar!

I remember watching a special feature on the DVD of season 2 for the show, and 2 guys were jokingly saying that the only difference between Luke and Jason was that Luke's hairstyle was slightly higher

Quote:
Poor guy was harassed so much online (especially on instagram) when Luke died (along with Jennie, Tori, Gabby and Brian) for not posting or saying something publicly "soon enough" that he's probably still traumatized for it.
I thought all the harassment was disgusting, too.

I wouldn't be surprised if most of the people behaving that way only knew Luke from RIVERDALE, by the way. The younger generation is more insistent on everyone reacting to things via social media.
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 03-11-2020, 03:20 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I wouldn't be surprised if most of the people behaving that way only knew Luke from RIVERDALE, by the way. The younger generation is more insistent on everyone reacting to things via social media.
Maybe. But how would they know about his friendship with Jason then?

Would you maybe also add Jason/Luke next to Brandon/Dylan in the title? I can't.

Swipe for all parts

Icon by oth. fan
Old 03-12-2020, 10:04 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

I love their smiles in the 1st pic

Quote:
Maybe. But how would they know about his friendship with Jason then?
A lot of them became familiar with the show when the hype surrounding the 90210 reboot happened around the time Luke died. Even if they haven't watched, they know in general of the lead cast members, so it would be pretty easy for them to find the actors on social media and start bugging them.

(I'm not accusing anyone, I'm just saying that the younger generation are more likely to obsess over social media reactions )

Quote:
Would you maybe also add Jason/Luke next to Brandon/Dylan in the title? I can't.
Yep, I'll try to do it now Sometimes the title changes expire thought on threads that have existed for a while, so if I can't do it then we can add it to the next thread. I'll try now
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Closed Thread   Post New Thread