Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-14-2020, 09:41 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by yulan (View Post)
Very true. We commented on that last year or so. I think Rachel pointed out that maybe he wanted Marchette to take him more seriously that way, which does make sense.

But yeah, they dressed him for age older than Luke's, not to mention Dylan's.
Who knows, but he started dressing that way before meeting the father if I am not wrong.

It was so not Dylan. I think the writers just wanted to make him seem more mature and committed man and make his style more in sync with Antonia.

But his worst fashion is in S9-S10 Horrible Looks
Old 05-14-2020, 09:55 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Who knows, but he started dressing that way before meeting the father if I am not wrong.
Yeah, but he planned to meet him all along, no? Ever since the end of S5.

Quote:
But his worst fashion is in S9-S10 Horrible Looks
It was mainly the hair. And the attitude

Brenda stands alone. Because she can.
Icon by oth. fan
Old 05-15-2020, 09:05 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

^^ loving all the criticism in here. Any valid criticism is welcome criticism.

Luke's hair looked so much flatter in the later years, and his acting just screamed "I'm over this show but the paycheck is just about worth it"
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 05-15-2020, 10:28 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal Clear (View Post)
^^ loving all the criticism in here. Any valid criticism is welcome criticism.

Luke's hair looked so much flatter in the later years, and his acting just screamed "I'm over this show but the paycheck is just about worth it"
Flatter in the sense that it looked flat or flatter as did he look better in the later seasons? Jahahahw!

Yeah! He did look like I am only here for the money ( didn’t he come back for financial reasons ?) and I Feel like he didn’t add many opinions to the stories as he did in the early seasons. Like bringing his dad back to life. He was against it in the early seasons and thought it would be the most bull**** soap opera thing.

Last edited by Silenteyes; 05-16-2020 at 04:05 PM
Old 05-15-2020, 11:22 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Yeah! He did look like I am only here for the money ( didn’t he come back for financial reasons ?)
That's what he said when he returned.

Icon by oth. fan
Old 05-16-2020, 04:07 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
That's what he said when he returned.

I always ask my self why it was good for Brandon, Kelly, Dylan, and Andrea to marry young but as soon it was Brenda it was not an good idea ? 👀
Old 05-21-2020, 03:24 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Well Dylan was so estranged from the gang that I do not think anyone would really intervene there. They could feel entitled to throw a bachelor party and stuff, but not to really talk about anything private with him.

Also, by S6 and afterwards, they possibly learned to mind their own business.

As for Andrea, it was fine for her to get married because she got knocked up. That was a sanctity!

Icon by oth. fan
Old 05-31-2020, 02:45 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

^^ In reference to Luke coming back in season 9 for financial gain, I definitely think he must've felt extremely weird trying to blend back into a cast that was half-empty of who was originally there. It doesn't help that the scripts went downhill long before that point.

Jason's absence is what I feel he would've struggled with the most, because Dylan and Brandon were basically the closest thing to brothers ever since they first bonded.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silenteyes (View Post)
I always ask my self why it was good for Brandon, Kelly, Dylan, and Andrea to marry young but as soon it was Brenda it was not an good idea ? 👀
I think it was more to do with Jim's low opinion of Brenda and him thinking of her as vulnerable 'Daddy's girl' who wasn't allowed to grow up. It was clear he stopped trusting her a long time before the Stuart scenario.

Having said that, Dylan and Toni were basically emancipated when they shacked up together.

It was also much more difficult for them because of how nasty her father was. I think the gang realized that and supported their engagement more because of that obstacle.
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 06-06-2020, 02:42 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I think it was more to do with Jim's low opinion of Brenda and him thinking of her as vulnerable 'Daddy's girl' who wasn't allowed to grow up. It was clear he stopped trusting her a long time before the Stuart scenario.
He did have a low opinion of her capabilities to judge on her love life, true, but why would his opinion influence the gang? It's not like ANY of them showed better judgement by that point.

Simply, writing for Brenda changed a lot, as if she was always a basketcase of the group. And she was really not in S1-2. Maybe not even in S3.

Quote:
It was also much more difficult for them because of how nasty her father was. I think the gang realized that and supported their engagement more because of that obstacle.
That's possible too.

Icon by oth. fan
Old 07-18-2020, 01:16 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Icon by oth. fan
Old 07-22-2020, 09:51 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

Quote:
He did have a low opinion of her capabilities to judge on her love life, true, but why would his opinion influence the gang? It's not like ANY of them showed better judgement by that point.
Good point. I often wonder if their reluctance to accept her engagement to Stuart was based purely on their speculation that she was purposefully acting out to try and prove that she was over the Dylan/Kelly thing.

I maintain that Dylan would have been a lot more jealous than what was depicted on screen. I never thought the writing was very realistic for him at that point - he shows a bit of protectiveness when he warns Stuart not to hurt her, but if that was your first true love in reality, I think the fact that he/she was suddenly getting married (and young) would bother you a lot more than what Dylan appeared to be by the whole thing.

I never liked that he only tried to intervene because Jim asked him to.

Quote:
Simply, writing for Brenda changed a lot, as if she was always a basketcase of the group. And she was really not in S1-2. Maybe not even in S3.
Oh, for sure

It was all very convenient for the writers to paint her as the antagonist from season 3 onward. Anything to make people accept Dylan and Kelly's relationship more than they initially did.

That's why I was grateful for the Dylan/Toni era. At least it didn't involve cheating on anyone.
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 07-23-2020, 01:58 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
That's why I was grateful for the Dylan/Toni era. At least it didn't involve cheating on anyone.
Yeah. It was too short for that.

Icon by oth. fan
Old 07-26-2020, 03:15 AM
Fan Forum Hero

OMG, I rewatched Luke's last movie Once upon a Time in Hollywood (directed by Tarantino) - and Rebecca is also in it! I never noticed it or knew it! She plays Brad Pitt's late wife, but she shows up only for a few seconds, and has a hat and dark glasses, so she's unrecognizable. Damn!

So she and Luke basically starred in three projects together: 90210, Invasion, and Once upon a Time in Hollywood (although they have no scenes together in this movie).

Icon by oth. fan
Old 07-29-2020, 02:12 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

That screen cap of D and T is soooo hot! Their scenes were so passionate, which we had had more.

Quote:
OMG, I rewatched Luke's last movie Once upon a Time in Hollywood (directed by Tarantino) - and Rebecca is also in it! I never noticed it or knew it! She plays Brad Pitt's late wife, but she shows up only for a few seconds, and has a hat and dark glasses, so she's unrecognizable. Damn!
Wait, what? I've seen that movie and had no idea!

I was too busy hating on the movie for that offensive inclusion of the attempt to portray Bruce Lee.

I thought the best parts of the movie were Brad Pitt's discomfort with the Manson family habitat and the portrayal of Sharon Tate and Jay Sebring.
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 08-01-2020, 01:45 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I was too busy hating on the movie for that offensive inclusion of the attempt to portray Bruce Lee.
Yeah, it was an entertaining scene, but somewhat offensive indeed. I even find it a bit racist.

Icon by oth. fan
Closed Thread   Post New Thread