Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-15-2019, 09:29 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by HipHopKingMike (View Post)
Overall, BH90210 was pretty good.
Definitely enjoyed Jennie/Jason interactions, Shannen moments, Christine moments and even Tori Spelling.
I'll say Brian/Tori interactions were Ok, Ian was OK but I didn't enjoy Gabrielle on here
My big thing with Gabrielle was.............I didn't buy the story, in part because she didn't even seem to be thinking of her husband. She decided to explore her feelings, and once she did it's like she wasn't even married; she should have been more conflicted about dating instead of being as excited as she was. This has nothing to do with Gabrielle the actress, who is just fine - I just didn't love the story.

I also wasn't a fan of Ian/Anna (I haven't watched the final episode yet) mostly because she bugged me (and, she was a lousy writer, lol).

If there is a next time, we need much more Shannen, much more Shannen/Jason and hopefully an acknowledgment of Brenda/Dylan.
Old 09-15-2019, 01:20 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsybelle (View Post)
My big thing with Gabrielle was.............I didn't buy the story, in part because she didn't even seem to be thinking of her husband. She decided to explore her feelings, and once she did it's like she wasn't even married; she should have been more conflicted about dating instead of being as excited as she was. This has nothing to do with Gabrielle the actress, who is just fine - I just didn't love the story.
So in short, she was used as an excuse to portray sexuality confusion.

I do think we're getting an overkill of this in every damn show out today. Cheating is cheating. Woman-man, woman-woman, it's all cheating... Like you said, she's married. It's just not right to shut him out like that.
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 09-15-2019, 02:19 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I don't think it was a thing with the confusion about sexuality with her, but what to do about it at this stage of her life. And it does remain unclear, whether she wants to stay with her "best friend" husband or not really.

She's also not the only cheater there - Jason, his wife, Ian's wife cheated. And since she told her husband she could be into women and he said he would not wait around for her or something, it seemed to me they were on a break when she got together with Christine.

But maybe she did consider it cheating herself, I am not sure which words she used.

Brenda stands alone. Because she can.
Icon by oth. fan
Old 09-15-2019, 03:02 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal Clear (View Post)
So in short, she was used as an excuse to portray sexuality confusion.

I do think we're getting an overkill of this in every damn show out today. Cheating is cheating. Woman-man, woman-woman, it's all cheating... Like you said, she's married. It's just not right to shut him out like that.
I wasn’t intending to make that point, but it seems so, lol. I really only watched the original series in bits and pieces, when Shannen was on, but I’ve read that many fans though Andrea was gay, so maybe this is an exploration of that in some way. I just haven’t bought it, especially since some fan kisses her out of the blue - it was weird. Also, exactly - TV Gabrielle is indeed cheating. I’m not sure what she expected her husband to feel - did she expect him to be ok with it? Because, then what is her intention...Let’s say she thinks she’s gay or bi - ok, fine, but she’s married. Assuming she still loves her husband, does she plan on continuing to cheat? Does she plan on divorcing him?
Old 09-16-2019, 01:54 AM
Master Fan

Personally, I liked Andrea in the first 3 seasons but then I couldn't get into her after that. And I can't seemed to enjoy Gabby on the reboot for some reason - it's just one of those things.
Old 10-18-2019, 12:57 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

Second season or not, seeing the gang back together (& with Shannen after all this time) has been lovely -

Jennie Garth hasn't tweeted in a while, but definitely spent the majority of September campaigning for a renewal of the show with a hashtag to raise awareness to Fox, so fingers crossed they are taken seriously because they clearly want it
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 10-27-2019, 06:40 PM
Dedicated Fan

I was happy to see them together, especially Shannen, but it didn't catch my attention. The concept is good no problem with that,but their SL were boring. We already know Tori Spelling life with Dean from left and right. See it over and over again is repetitive.
I got the impression also that not everyone wanted to focus much on their personal life with exception of Tori, Jennie and Brian.
Anyway, I think the public couldn't connect with them and their SL.

This type of show would have been better if it was from Netflix or other streaming service.

For some reason I could careless if they renew it or not.

Wonder if they renew it, Shannen would sign up for it.
Old 10-28-2019, 04:18 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I did find it interesting, intelligent and funny, much more than the original.

I guess they laid out the basis to get rid of Shannen, by saying they cannot pay them all and she's paid the most. Double, that is.

I mean, get rid of. Shannen said she did it to honor Luke, so possibly she would not really stick around even if it's renewed.

Now referring to S3 discussion, I was pretty happy that Jennie did not use her baby voice much in the reboot. I think I basically did not hear it until the finale. Or E5. Then... it was a bit too much.

Icon by oth. fan
Old 10-28-2019, 07:09 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by yulan (View Post)
I did find it interesting, intelligent and funny, much more than the original.

I guess they laid out the basis to get rid of Shannen, by saying they cannot pay them all and she's paid the most. Double, that is.

I mean, get rid of. Shannen said she did it to honor Luke, so possibly she would not really stick around even if it's renewed.

Now referring to S3 discussion, I was pretty happy that Jennie did not use her baby voice much in the reboot. I think I basically did not hear it until the finale. Or E5. Then... it was a bit too much.
I like how they explore the rumors and behind the scenes. But the higher versionof themselves not that much. Tori and her husband, Jennie and the bodyguard etc didn't get my attention.

Eould have been better if it was 50-50. That would've attract people that aren't fans of the original.

By the way to do guys consider the CW reboot as canon ?
I don't they really have no idea of Brenda's character.
Old 11-07-2019, 06:39 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

Well, this news legitimately sucks.

I wasn't hooked on the show, but I loved the Jennie/Jason passion and Brian's friendship with Shannen which we hadn't seen enough of in the original.

To hell with the ratings; the actors loved doing it and the fans really wanted a second season. FOX can kiss my a s s for this.
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 11-07-2019, 08:56 PM
Master Fan

I enjoyed it very much as well and hoped to see more Shannen/Jason, as well as potentially resolving Brenda/Dylan on the reboot within a reboot. Maybe they’ll shop it around to another network ?
Old 11-08-2019, 01:21 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I was just about to post the same. Too bad. I enjoyed it a lot.

Icon by oth. fan
Old 11-08-2019, 04:56 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsybelle (View Post)
I enjoyed it very much as well and hoped to see more Shannen/Jason, as well as potentially resolving Brenda/Dylan on the reboot within a reboot. Maybe they’ll shop it around to another network ?

I think that's what they are trying to do.

But the argument that they give that the premiere was the highest debut in the summer etc. doesn't mean anything you can't base whether you continue with the show just on those ratings.
it should have continue and not fall off that drastically. Also Fox invested too much money and not received that in returned in ratings.

It was a show that fans enjoyed but not the public in general.
Old 11-08-2019, 06:52 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Tori's post from 11 hours ago. So maybe they will indeed go to the different company:

Quote:
3 things happened this past summer...
-
1. #bh90210 was the highest rated show of the summer .
-
2. Our #bh90210 cast proved that after 20 years, you indeed CAN go home again...
-
3. I didn’t cram myself (with 3 pairs of spanx! ) into a red dress I wore on tv when I was 18 years old for nothin...
-
Sometimes home isn’t where you ARE but who you are WITH. Together, our #bh90210 family can do anything. We’ve proved that to each other and our loyal fans. We ARE better together. -
Our show is so meta that all the reality out there just helps us continue to evolve and gives us GREAT new storylines! The gift that keeps on giving. We aim to keep audiences guessing what will happen next. So stay tuned as our journey unfolds... #bh90210 #onthemove #myhighschooldressfits #miraclesdohappen

Icon by oth. fan
Old 11-08-2019, 07:30 AM
Dedicated Fan

Lifetime
Hallmark ?
Starz

Or some streaming service . I doubt it will be Netflix I don't know.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread