Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-04-2019, 01:52 AM
Master Fan

I am hoping for S2 - I think they will play the original characters in S2, if it gets renewed
Old 09-04-2019, 04:07 AM
Master Fan

don't have any hope for season 2 ..rating are so worst

09/11/01=NEVER FORGET RIP PAUL WALKER- CORY AND NAYA
Elodie"Aujourd'hui il va pleuvoir,mais demain le soleil brillera..."
Old 09-04-2019, 09:15 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanforever (View Post)
God, hope there is a S 2! I loveeeeeee it!
Old 09-04-2019, 09:49 PM
Master Fan

I really enjoyed this episode. Shannen was hilarious - especially her being unaware how many episodes there were of 90210 - brilliant timing, lol. I did not watch the show when Jamie Walters was on, but that was also brilliant - and I credit him for being willing to put himself out there like that. I read that his career was hurt because of what his character, Ray, did to Donna - and that's terrible, but he's a firefighter now in real life, so he's a hero.

I like Shannen and David's friendship, but I wish she had more story.......or any. I also don't like that she hasn't had any scenes with Jason.

I'd like to see the ratings stabilize enough for there to be a second season because I think this show is a blast, it's just straight out fun.
Old 09-05-2019, 02:16 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

^ I haven't seen the episode (gosh I am so behind ) but I like that they have built up a Shannen and Brian friendship in this show that was completely absent in the original. Feels very true to life and it's one of my favorite aspects of the whole thing.

PREVIEW for next week:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanforever (View Post)
Jennie Garth has requested fans to campaign to FOX for a renewal
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 09-05-2019, 04:44 AM
Master Fan

Shannen and Brian's friendship looks really good but we are still waiting for some Shannen/Jason scenes.

I think the TV network should go for a second season and play their original characters - this will bring back some of the viewers
Old 09-05-2019, 08:57 AM
Master Fan

Ratings are down again. I think if they’d stabilized, the show would be in better shape, but the fact that they’ve declined each week is not a good sign....
Old 09-05-2019, 11:02 AM
Master Fan

I loved this episode the most so far. I hope ratings improve, I am really enjoying the show
Old 09-06-2019, 02:31 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I also hope for S2, because it just can't be bad. I don't see them playing the original characters there though, because it would be a different show then. Maybe we would get to see more of the reboot inside of the reboot, but not the complete switch to the continuation of the original.

I mean, kudos to them. This is much more brave, serious and smarter than anything they could have come up with had they continued the original. So yes, IMO, this is better than the original. I love S1-4 of the original more, but simply because there is an old emotional attachment to it. I think this is better than even that, leave alone later seasons. There, I said it

I really liked the episodes 4-5. So, spoilers ahead:

I like Shannen and her interaction with the rest of the cast, but she does not have a SL on her own, unlike the rest, and it is neither fair nor good. I understand that she signed on late and they probably developed majority of SLs by then, but still. We never see her own perspective or independent SL, she's always seen through the perspective of others and as a participant in their SLs. She is a deus ex machina, super important or a crucial player for the main SL, but we do not get to see any build up of her character. Each episode opens with a dream sequence of one of the cast members, there are 6 episodes, so we will not see hers. The last will be Ian's.

I agree with everyone who said this is the first time to enjoy Tori. For me as well. I stil do not like her, but I do find some of her lines enjoyable ("This is like The Handmaid's Tale!"), and I finally see her talent for comedy.

Kudos to whoever guessed Gabrielle/Christine could be a thing (Jaquen?). I did not realize in advance that Christine could be queer, although I do see why her image could be read as such.

It was so funny when Gabby and Jason were joking that they never thought they could be sharing a girl.

I like Jennie's character the best so far. She's got a snark, she's funny, smart, sarcastic. And Jennie/Jason interaction is great.

I do not understand why all the guys have to have so much younger wives/love interests. Jason, Brian, Ian - and Ian's new love interest is even younger than everyone else.

Ian's acting seems to be the worst. I like the guy, but the acting... Not. He's worse than Tori. BAG is also not a supreme actor - I mean, who here is - but he seems to be playing a version of himself he really likes, and seems to be so much in peace with himself. Ian... Maybe the thing is that this is distant from him, in terms of love and family life, for example, but I do not like the way he delivers his lines at all.

Talking about family life - just because this kid Zack thinks he's Brian's son, it does not mean he really is. I do not understand how it was not immediately contested. And it's interesting how by making him a son with the 90210 extra, they apparently erase Vanessa from the history of the show. And Tiffani, it seems. This is the aspect when you have to get into comparisons with real life, wanting it or not, especially because Brian's son with Vanessa visited the set after all the problems and it was a big deal on the social media (pics with the cast, Shannen's support etc). It feels so uncanny, and I guess that is what they were aiming for, but man. This is a whole new level somehow.

Also, just because he claims to be Brian's son, and if he really is, it does not instantly make his stealing of Brian's wallet etc. ok. Apparently he is not off the hook as a stalker suspect either. The arc with Jaime Walters as a suspect was not as cool as they wanted it to be, I guess, but his exchange with Shannen was funny ("I help people!"/"Oooh, me tooo!") Also, no way he would not know who she is And they did not get it right when he joined the show - it was S5, not S6. I appreciate that so far on the reboot they got the facts and the continuity of the show much better than ever - in the media, in quizzes, in the spin off, and even in the original itself But this was a slip. Don't ruin my appreciation, show!

I think that a sleazy writer who impregnated Jason's wife could be the one messing up with the cast. He was obviously not in peace with being fired. He could be a too obvious pick, but still. Or Jennie's bodyguard? He has to be disqualified as a love interest so there would be space for Jason. Or Christine, as a media bait and a propaganda for the show Tori's husband maybe? IDK, at the moment my pick is actually the bodyguard.

It is so smart and skillful they managed to incorporate problems on the set into the SL on time. Firing of writers, media coverage... Good, good, and timely.

And I have to say, given how many references to the original and to the group chemistry they make, the absence of Luke is screaming. For me, at least. Eh.

Brenda stands alone. Because she can.
Icon by oth. fan

Last edited by yulan; 09-06-2019 at 03:14 AM
Old 09-06-2019, 01:23 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by yulan (View Post)
Each episode opens with a dream sequence of one of the cast members, there are 6 episodes, so we will not see hers. The last will be Ian's.
I'm pretty sure (not 100% but maybe 98%) the opening dream of the next ep will be Shannen's
Old 09-06-2019, 01:45 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I'm pretty sure (not 100% but maybe 98%) the opening dream of the next ep will be Shannen's
Well maybe, but then Ian stays without the dream sequence. And I think since she was not planned in the beginning, they will more likely dedicate this one to him. He has a better developed background, he was planned from the start.

Icon by oth. fan
Old 09-06-2019, 09:19 PM
Master Fan

I so enjoy the dream sequences!
Old 09-07-2019, 08:19 AM
Elite Fan

Episode 5 was one of my favorites

When most of the cast sang with Jaime, that was cute. Tori was sweet apologizing for blaming him

KH asked about kissing her ex (JJ) in front of the cameras all day:

"Maybe there's a hint of realism?"
Old 09-09-2019, 02:52 AM
Master Fan

So far, the best for me was Jason and Jennie's interaction.

But Shannen is a trip - she made me LOL on some of her scenes.

I liked Ian and Brian too

Jennie was fine too but I didn't enjoy most of Gabby's scenes though

But surprisingly, Tori was good on this show. I never liked anything she did AT ALL but kudos to her on here. Her and Brian had some good scenes.

But Christine Elise is awesome!!

My favorites on this show were Shannen, Jason and Christine
Old 09-09-2019, 01:33 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Did Shannen talk about filming a reconstruction of the moment when she pulled Jennie's skirt? I know she mentioned it on the reboot, but if she also talked about filing the very moment, then it's possible the next dream sequence is hers. However, that leaves Ian without dream sequence this season, which would be weird.

In any case, looking forward to the episode 6

Icon by oth. fan
Closed Thread   Post New Thread