Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-11-2008, 04:43 PM
Fan Forum Hero

yeah, that makes sense

Claudia
Old 05-12-2008, 02:36 AM
Elite Fan

It's official, the CW has picked up the 90210-spinoff.

Quote:
Upfronts: The Return of 90210
08:15 PM PT, May 11 2008

It's happening! It's REALLY happening!

The CW has confirmed that the spin-off of "Beverly Hills, 90210" will be on its fall lineup. As if there was ever a question, but we're excited anyway.

The contemporary version of the 1990s FOX hit will focus on a family that reflects today's celebrity culture: a grandmother (Jessica Walter) who was a huge star in the 1970s and now likes to hit the bottle a bit; her son, who is the new Beverly Hills high school principal, and his ex-Olympic athlete of a wife (Lori Loughlin) who are both thirtysomething; and their two teenagers. The daughter (Shenae Grimes) is -- what else? -- an aspiring actress. The son is a brainiac with behavioral issues.

But it wouldn't be possible to have a spin-off without a visit from the ghosts of West Beverly High past. Jennie Garth will be reprising her role as Kelly Taylor. Only this time, she's a guidance counselor at her alma mater. The role is recurring.

The rest of the cast includes Ryan Eggold, AnnaLynne McCord, Dustin Milligan, Michael Steger, Jessica Stroup and Tristan Wilds.

Asked what the title of the show will be, a CW spokesman said: "90210." We'll take it!

-- Maria Elena Fernandez
Quote:
"90210" officially on the CW map

LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - It's official -- the CW on Sunday picked up the "Beverly Hills, 90210" spinoff to develop as a series. The network also renewed "The Game," the comedy about a group of women who are married to professional football players.

And with the pickup of new series "Stylista," the CW went for a full night of Tyra Banks/Ken Mok fashion-themed reality shows.

"90210" centers on a three-generation Beverly Hills family. Original cast member Jennie Garth has signed on in a recurring role, reprising the part of Kelly Taylor from the original series, who now will be a guidance counselor at her alma mater, West Beverly Hills High.

"Stylista," described as a reality version of "The Devil Wears Prada," centers on 11 aspiring fashion enthusiasts as they vie for a much-coveted editorial job with Elle magazine.

The project appears Wednesday-bound as a companion piece to Banks and Mok's "America's Next Top Model."

"Stylista" contestants will work as assistants to Elle's fashion news director, Anne Slowey, in each episode carrying out an assistant's task and a fashion editorial assignment.

Each week, in consultation with Elle's creative director, Joe Zee, Slowey fires one person, until the last assistant standing gets "promoted" to the real-life job opportunity.

The grand prize includes a paid editorial position at Elle magazine, a paid lease on an apartment in Manhattan and a clothing allowance at H&M, all for one year, valued at $100,000.

Reuters/Hollywood Reporter

Quote:
CW Officially Picks Up “90210”
11-May-2008
Written by: E. Van Dril

The network also picked up Tyra Banks’s new creation.

A day after Jennie Garth was officially attached, the CW announced Sunday that it picked up the Beverly Hills, 90210 spin-off.

The network also chose to renew comedy The Game and picked up the Tyra Banks/Ken Mok fashion-themed reality show, Stylista, which means the CW will devote an entire night to Tyra Banks-created programming.

Gabe Sachs and Jeff Judah, who cowrote the pilot script and are executive producers for Beverly Hills, 90210, will stay on to run the show.

Banks’s Stylista has been described as a reality version of The Devil Wears Prada, and will feature 11 aspiring fashion enthusiasts competing for a job with Elle Magazine.

The show, it was announced, will air before America’s Next Top Model on Wednesday night.

The contestants on the show will work as fashion assistants to Elle’s fashion news director, Anne Slowey, where they carry out different tasks that Slowey assigns them throughout the show.

I wonder what show on the network it will team-up with? One Tree Hill or Gossip Girl do sound like it could be lead-in for the new spin-off.

Archie & Veronica
Brooke & Lucas Dylan & Brenda

Old 05-12-2008, 03:04 AM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks so much.

90210 is back baby.

Old 05-12-2008, 05:44 AM
Obsessed Fan

Yesssss!

Caution: Posts may contain dangerous levels of sarcasm
Old 05-12-2008, 07:27 AM
Elite Fan

Looks like another old 90210 star might be joining the new spin-off.....

Quote:
Tori Spelling to star in Beverly Hills, 90210 spin-off?

Tori SpellingTori Spelling is set to star in the Beverly Hills, 90210 spinoff, according to a report.

Nikki Finke, of Deadline Hollywood Daily, writes: “I know there have been lots of rumors to this effect in celebrity mags and infotainment shows. But one of my reliable TV business sources is hearing that Tori Spelling is going to be in the Beverly Hills, 90210 spin-off just picked up by the CW.”

Spelling — who, for 10 years, played Donna Martin in the hit 80s teen drama — has previously said she would love to be in the spin-off.

“I’d love to somehow be a part of it,” she revealed in March this year. “That as well would make my dad proud.”

source

Archie & Veronica

Old 05-12-2008, 09:07 AM
Fan Forum Hero

thanks for the info

Claudia
Old 05-12-2008, 09:20 AM
Extreme Fan

80's? hahaha 1990's. ala 1990-91

I don't believe there were "teen drama's" other than Degrassi? in the 80's.

Tori? Eh..Okay.
I miss Shannon D. =(
Old 05-12-2008, 11:41 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Asked what the title of the show will be, a CW spokesman said: "90210."

Quote:
in the hit 80s teen drama

Quote:
CW Officially Picks Up “90210” [...] Tori Spelling is going to be in

Thanks for the update.
Old 05-12-2008, 02:10 PM
Elite Fan

perezhilton.com has launched a petition to help bring Brenda (Shannen) to the new 90210 spin-off. They want you to sign.

Quote:
Brenda! Brenda! BRENDA!

90210 (2.0) is going to reunite us with Kelly. And, the new rumor is that Donna is coming back, too.

But, what we really want Brenda back, right?????!!!!

If you want Shannen Doherty back as bad as we do, CLICK HERE to sign the Bring Brend Back petition.

Together, we can do it!

source

Archie & Veronica

Old 05-12-2008, 03:11 PM
Elite Fan

Wow, every day it gets more interesting.
Old 05-12-2008, 04:19 PM
Master Fan

Ok let me say this, I love Shanen, if she went onto the soin off I';d be very hapoy, I will sign the "Bring Brenda Back" thing BUT I still have a feeling in the BIG pit in my stomach that she won;'t do it. I mean peoiple like Mel who saw the show during it's origional run will probably watch the spin off, I don't know if some of thiose people will watch it if Shay is on the spin off,

btw I can start the new thread if you guys wanbt?
Old 05-12-2008, 04:46 PM
Obsessed Fan

I knew they were gonna title the spinoff 90210, I was just waiting for them to figure it out. I don't want Shannen apart of it at all.

Caution: Posts may contain dangerous levels of sarcasm
Old 05-12-2008, 04:52 PM
Fan Forum Star

She won't become a part of it.
Old 05-12-2008, 05:00 PM
Master Fan

I think I aggree with you Courtz, but we have to try right?

EDIT- 2 posts guys!
Old 05-12-2008, 06:03 PM
Master Fan

Love all the excitement... starting the new thread...