Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-14-2008, 01:29 AM
Elite Fan

Well, I'd like to see all of them back as long as the ending remains the same, but only in that case.

The suspense with this is killing me because I see that all of them can make an appearance and (I think) likely will do so at some point. The "most" phrasing is interesting, though. We'll have to see who's missing.

for Donna returning! And the first cast photo looks pretty darn good.
Old 05-14-2008, 08:34 AM
Elite Fan

Jennie Garth interviewed at the CW upfront last night: CW11 New York | WPIX-TV

Also they interviewed the entire new 90210 cast and Lori Loughlin and she gets asked about former 90210 stars coming and she says they're talking to Luke Perry and she also says Tori Spelling has showed interest. She says she doesn't know what will happen but she says they're basically trying to get them in guest roles or reccuring roles like Jennie.

Archie & Veronica
Brooke & Lucas Dylan & Brenda

Old 05-14-2008, 08:42 AM
Obsessed Fan

So has the Max character been dropped from the initial vision of the show or what? There's been no word on the character in any press releases lately and no casting news.

Caution: Posts may contain dangerous levels of sarcasm
Old 05-14-2008, 10:46 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownEyes1980 (View Post)
Also they interviewed the entire new 90210 cast and Lori Loughlin and she gets asked about former 90210 stars coming and she says they're talking to Luke Perry .
Yup. I saw that on KTLA this morning also. KTLA is our local CW channel and the Entertainment reporter said that Jennie is coming back and both Tori and Luke are "in talks" with the show. I think Ian Ziering, too. No news on any of the others.

Quote:
9021-oh My! Jennie Garth Says Tori Wants In

"We're still figuring that out," said Jennie Garth when asked how many episodes she would be doing. "I'm not a series regular, though, I'm definitely a guest star."

Garth said that she also knows that Tori Spelling "definitely wants to come on" and hopes other vets make it back, adding that producers have talked to Luke Perry and Ian Ziering.
So maybe they're starting a new crop of 90210 with some of the old 90210 but not changing anything about the old 90210 and just making them background characters to the new 90210. Does that make any sense?

I'm just curious about Donna's role on the show because I'm pretty sure that David -- Brian Austin Green -- will be too busy elsewhere to make an appearance, seeing as he found a new home with Sarah Connor.
Brad Jen
Old 05-14-2008, 11:47 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
So has the Max character been dropped from the initial vision of the show or what?
Looks like it to me. I already forgot what he was supposed to be all about. I'm kind of disappointed that it's 6 kids and not 8, like the original.

Anyway ... OMG. There are just, like, worlds of excitement and tension pulling me apart. I can't live like this until Fall. I need to know ... everything ... NOW.

I went to the upfronts link posted earlier and I'm watching just about every single red carpet interview for the network and all their shows. 90210 is always brought up, and it should be noted that there's a 'First Look' segment if you scroll down, which is basically an extended promo for the show and exactly how it's being advertised. I'm really pleased with the casting in most, if not all, cases. Not really feeling Naomi or the mom, and still strangely excited about Silver -- who's name is confirmed as being a reference to David's character. Shenae Grimes is a huge original series fan. I'm excited. At least I am today, lol.

Damn, I forgot what else I wanted to say. It would be so awesome if they got Luke and Ian back too, even for brief cameos!

Old 05-14-2008, 12:09 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by playgroundDiaries (View Post)
It would be so awesome if they got Luke and Ian back too, even for brief cameos!
Here's Ian's idea of Steve coming back to 90210...

Quote:
"My first reaction was, 'often imitated, never duplicated..."

Past Beverly Hills, 90210 star Ian Ziering recently chatted about the future incarnation.

"My first reaction was, 'often imitated, never duplicated.'... They picked up the reins on an iconic show. It takes a lot... But I wish them the best. I want the show to succeed," he told People magazine.

Ziering, who starred as Steve Sanders, also shared some plot ideas of his own.

"I'd like to see Steve's twin brother show up on the show," he said. "If you think Steve was bad, well Steve was tame compared to his twin... As it turns out he has a twin who was adopted to another family a less solvent family. He was from the other side. His name is Ben Sanders and he didn't drive a Corvette like Steve. He got his smarts from the street."
He's such a riot.

And, I'm not sure if this was posted or not, but...

Quote:
Tiffani Thiessen: Yes to Babies, No to 90210 Spinoff

Tiffani Thiessen says she's not likely to be involved in the new Beverly Hills, 90210 spinoff – but she has another project in mind.

"We're hoping to get pregnant soon," Thiessen, 34, told PEOPLE Saturday at the Indy 500 warm-up party celebrating the Rubicon Race Team at pal Jason Priestley's house.

The actress, who wed actor-artist Brady Smith in 2005, says she and her husband are "in talks" about having a child. "We're very seriously talking about it."

For Thiessen, it seems like the right time to expand her family. "We've been married for almost three years, so it's time," she said. "We wanted to be selfish with each other for a little while. We didn't want to rush into it, but now we're really, really wanting that."

As for her timeframe, "Hopefully, within the year – maybe even sooner than that," she said.

Asked if maybe she was already expecting, she laughed and replied, "No, I would tell you! I think it's the pre-glow of wanting it to happen."

In terms of the new 90210, Thiessen says she won't be doing any guest appearances. "I wish them all the best, but it's not something I will be a part of."
Brad Jen
Old 05-14-2008, 01:43 PM
Total Fan

Ian should be involved into anything 90210 related, in any role He's able to make it watchable.

Avi credits: QTPie41184
Old 05-14-2008, 03:51 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
I went to the upfronts link posted earlier and I'm watching just about every single red carpet interview for the network and all their shows. 90210 is always brought up, and it should be noted that there's a 'First Look' segment if you scroll down, which is basically an extended promo for the show and exactly how it's being advertised. I'm really pleased with the casting in most, if not all, cases. Not really feeling Naomi or the mom, and still strangely excited about Silver -- who's name is confirmed as being a reference to David's character. Shenae Grimes is a huge original series fan. I'm excited. At least I am today, lol.
Where's this video?

Old 05-14-2008, 03:54 PM
Elite Fan

It doesn't look like I can give a direct link. Just go to the link in post 17 and scroll down in the 'celebrity interviews' bar until you hit 'First Look at the CW's 90210'.
Old 05-14-2008, 04:11 PM
Fan Forum Star

So they are talking to Tori, Luke & Ian and thats it?

OMG
Old 05-14-2008, 04:20 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
It doesn't look like I can give a direct link. Just go to the link in post 17 and scroll down in the 'celebrity interviews' bar until you hit 'First Look at the CW's 90210'.
Holy Crap that was fantastic! I was pretty excited before but now... It needs to be September 2nd already.... Please, please let them use the same theme song as the original... I never realized how epic that song was until just now.

Old 05-14-2008, 04:23 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Holy Crap that was fantastic!
I know! I hope they do a remix of the original song.
Old 05-14-2008, 07:09 PM
Dedicated Fan

Hey, with Tori coming back (and I assume Brian won't?) I hope it doesn't mean David/Donna split up, according to the new show. That'd really make me sad.

Hey Mel, I really like your new icon. I'm having trouble placing which eppi it's from though?

Icon credit goes to X_prettiestsar from lj, thanks!
Old 05-14-2008, 07:11 PM
Fan Forum Star

It's from Senior Poll Just before they get their picture taken for the Year Book, I wish I had that book.

Any news on Luke or Ian?

Old 05-14-2008, 07:48 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Hey, with Tori coming back (and I assume Brian won't?) I hope it doesn't mean David/Donna split up, according to the new show. That'd really make me sad.
Oh, I sincerely doubt it. Besides, characters don't have to be there to be mentioned.

Quote:
Any news on Luke or Ian?
Amazingly, I haven't checked in 6 hrs. Hold on.