Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register
Old 10-21-2011, 07:20 PM
  #31
Passionate Fan

 
loveslullaby's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 3,873
Except for the kiss, their last scene always annoyed me and gave me second-hand embarrassment. I never understood why they made Dylan so damn nonreciprocating when two or three episodes before he seemed to be pining. But the writers knew Shannen wasn't returning and were going to do the BDK triangle s5, so now I get why they couldn't have Dylan be all "I love you back" to Brenda when they were planning to make him all "Kelly, Kelly, Kelly" the following season.
loveslullaby is offline  
Old 10-22-2011, 02:27 PM
  #32
Elite Fan

 
heyitsrachel's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Beverly Hills 90210
 
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 37,332
Quote:
Originally Posted by loveslullaby (View Post)
But the writers knew Shannen wasn't returning and were going to do the BDK triangle s5, so now I get why they couldn't have Dylan be all "I love you back" to Brenda when they were planning to make him all "Kelly, Kelly, Kelly" the following season.
The writers have to work with what they have. I think that's also why they put Val in the mix too.
heyitsrachel is offline  
Old 10-23-2011, 05:18 AM
  #33
Addicted Fan

 
~carnival-heights~'s Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 4,428
Quote:
I never understood why they made Dylan so damn nonreciprocating when two or three episodes before he seemed to be pining. But the writers knew Shannen wasn't returning and were going to do the BDK triangle s5, so now I get why they couldn't have Dylan be all "I love you back" to Brenda when they were planning to make him all "Kelly, Kelly, Kelly" the following season.
Despite what they had planned for next season in Shannen's absence, I don't think a stronger response from Dylan would have clashed because we obviously saw he was upset when Brenda didn't return from London after the summer. His time with her meant something special then. My feeling is they were going for maximum passion and heat in that scene without a whole lot of words, which I definitely saw once they started kissing.
__________________
DylanLovesBren
icon: floating_icons
~carnival-heights~ is offline  
Old 10-23-2011, 02:21 PM
  #34
Passionate Fan

 
loveslullaby's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 3,873
Hmm, I never saw it that way before.
loveslullaby is offline  
Old 10-24-2011, 08:55 AM
  #35
Addicted Fan

 
~carnival-heights~'s Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 4,428
Yeah, they seemed to give B/D and Dylan a quiet but still intense quality over time, especially that last season. The good luck necklace he sent her, for example. So much left unspoken, but still clearly implied between them. I think Dylan had plenty he always wanted to express to Brenda, but preferred to let her make the first move? I kinda love how he let her call the shots, the "strong woman" persona.
__________________
DylanLovesBren
icon: floating_icons
~carnival-heights~ is offline  
Old 10-26-2011, 03:56 AM
  #36
Hunter in Training

 
quin611's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 92,343
very true! those are great reasons why b/d will be my bh90210 otp!
__________________
Padackles ♥ Est. 2005
quin611 is online now  
Old 11-02-2011, 08:06 PM
  #37
Master Fan

 
Scarlet's Walk's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 22,658
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~carnival-heights~ (View Post)
Yeah, they seemed to give B/D and Dylan a quiet but still intense quality over time, especially that last season. The good luck necklace he sent her, for example. So much left unspoken, but still clearly implied between them. I think Dylan had plenty he always wanted to express to Brenda, but preferred to let her make the first move? I kinda love how he let her call the shots, the "strong woman" persona.
ITA


Also, I think Dylan was aware of how complicated would it be just go back to Brenda after all the messy triangle in S3. I don't think he would make that mistake (jumping into relationships) again because of all the pain behind. And I don't think we got the chance to really hear him express his POV, so to me, it all comes down to the small moments we got from DB. I think her words in The Little Fish really stuck with him, about why "we can't go down this road again..." I mean, he said "why not" so fast that makes me feel he had been thinking about it for a while already and now that they were away from everyone (away from all the "baggage"), he could feel free to let things be with Brenda even for those few seconds And it didn't even have to be this long, dramatic conversation, but just kinda like Shanti said, it was quality over time...Something intense and meaningful for them but in such a soft way...cause gosh, they were so tender to each other in that scene

I love them so

__________________
"If you're coming to see Maleficent it's to watch Angelina Jolie devour of the scenery in the role she was born for..."
Visit BH90210
Double Denial Dair
Scarlet's Walk is offline  
Old 11-03-2011, 03:58 AM
  #38
Hunter in Training

 
quin611's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 92,343
i agree caro! omg i love that pic from gone fishing episode! they were so cute in that scene!
__________________
Padackles ♥ Est. 2005
quin611 is online now  
Old 11-03-2011, 10:41 AM
  #39
Supreme Fan

 
BrucasBangelBrylan's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 9,571
Oh the fishing episode one of my favorites "the closest"
__________________
" Happy birthday to my "Angel" then and now"
David&Sarah

icon :BA4eva ~Zohra~
BrucasBangelBrylan is offline  
Old 11-03-2011, 05:01 PM
  #40
Hunter in Training

 
quin611's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 92,343
omg yes i loved that too!
__________________
Padackles ♥ Est. 2005
quin611 is online now  
Old 11-12-2011, 11:56 PM
  #42
Master Fan

 
Scarlet's Walk's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 22,658
*sighs* One of my fave photoshoots The intertwined hands....
__________________
"If you're coming to see Maleficent it's to watch Angelina Jolie devour of the scenery in the role she was born for..."
Visit BH90210
Double Denial Dair
Scarlet's Walk is offline  
Old 11-13-2011, 10:36 AM
  #43
Elite Fan

 
heyitsrachel's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Beverly Hills 90210
 
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 37,332
heyitsrachel is offline  
Old 11-13-2011, 11:30 PM
  #44
Master Fan

 
Scarlet's Walk's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 22,658


90210 GIFs

Yeah Bren..pretend you don't like it
__________________
"If you're coming to see Maleficent it's to watch Angelina Jolie devour of the scenery in the role she was born for..."
Visit BH90210
Double Denial Dair
Scarlet's Walk is offline  
Old 11-14-2011, 09:38 PM
  #45
Elite Fan

 
heyitsrachel's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Beverly Hills 90210
 
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 37,332
^ She don't like it. She loves it.



Source: http://gillentoons.com/porfolio/stor...COMICPAGE4.jpg
heyitsrachel is offline  
Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Bookmarks


Forum Affiliates
Tiffani Thiessen Connection, Jason Priestley Online
Thread Tools



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:09 PM.

Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top

Powered by vBulletin, Copyright © 2000-2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.1
Copyright © 1998-2014, Fan Forum.