Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 09-16-2017, 09:06 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Tftnt!
Old 09-17-2017, 06:01 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
He's a 18 yr old boy I don't think Brenda would have thought that...people make mistakes and maybe they would have written a reason for the choice like we all think about Brenda not being there etc.
So, old enough to vote. Old enough to suffer consequences of his own actions, bad choices included.

Quote:
Brenda was not needy, she would have been the strong one, taking care of him and being there for him and connecting. She was in love. She says straight out on S4, if you would have came back..I would have taken you back in a second...no questions asked. It's not out of character for her...maybe for us...but not for her.
No way she would have taken him so fast, like at the funeral. She rejected him even later, in Commencement and The Little Fish - for a lot of reasons, but mainly - i guess - because she had dignity and did not trust him completely yet.

Quote:
I hate that line so ****ing much. Want better for yourself Bren. Smh.
Indeed. But I never took that line seriously. She was just encouraging him to go after Kelly. Like "Come on, you rock! You're a great guy!" I think Dylan also did not take it seriously. But damn, I hated how they made Kelly, Dylan and the rest of the gang supposedly so awesome in S3/4, and Brenda (and maybe Steve) was supposed to be at best average. Pfffft. I hated how Brenda belittled herself next to Kelly and Dylan sometimes.

Brenda stands alone. Because she can.
Icon by oth. fan
Old 09-17-2017, 01:02 PM
Dedicated Fan

Tftnt!

I'd like to see them working together again as well, great title!

Don't know if this has been mentioned before, but I've been thinking for a while that it would be awesome if Shannen Doherty got cast as Jughead's mom in Riverdale.
Imagine her, Skeet Ulrich and Luke Perry! Awesomeness!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikkycoly (View Post)
I love that scene...I love the ice cream feeding...I love the stares when he gets there...I love the bedroom scene when he is practically in tears how thankful he is she "let" him come there. It's just really touching and I just love them.
Thanks for sharing from the podcast.
It's interesting to see how things could've gone and how much was influenced by how people were doing behind the scenes.

It also puts Dylan's words in the dreaded pool scene into context that he "chose" Kelly because Brenda isn't there.

I agree that keeping Dylan and Kelly together, as if he actually did choose her over Brenda, having them go to prom, that senior poll business — it makes them out to be a real couple, as opposed to Dylan making a mistake thinking life without Jim hassling him would be easier.

And maybe we could've gotten the real Dylan (eg. S1-S2) back if he and Brenda had reconciled after Jack dies.
Old 09-17-2017, 04:18 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Don't know if this has been mentioned before, but I've been thinking for a while that it would be awesome if Shannen Doherty got cast as Jughead's mom in Riverdale.
Imagine her, Skeet Ulrich and Luke Perry! Awesomeness!
I'd love that!
Old 09-17-2017, 10:08 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Thanks for sharing from the podcast.
It's interesting to see how things could've gone and how much was influenced by how people were doing behind the scenes.

It also puts Dylan's words in the dreaded pool scene into context that he "chose" Kelly because Brenda isn't there.

I agree that keeping Dylan and Kelly together, as if he actually did choose her over Brenda, having them go to prom, that senior poll business — it makes them out to be a real couple, as opposed to Dylan making a mistake thinking life without Jim hassling him would be easier.

And maybe we could've gotten the real Dylan (eg. S1-S2) back if he and Brenda had reconciled after Jack dies.
Yes thats what I was saying...it just would have made everything different. If they hadn't gone out that whole time, connected...its a whole new game. We have to also remember that Brenda cheated too. Also we have to assume that Luke might have said he didn't want to act with Shannen, but that was VERY short lived, they always had scenes together...and he's in contract soooooo I don't think he would of had much of a choice. Plus who knows, she didn't like where the story was going and the Kelly Dylan thing, thats what Chuck said, so who even knows maybe if they got them together she would have been happier? I guess we will never know. When I heard him say that...my jaw dropped! lol But Gynge,that's what I meant...you said it perfectly.

Have you guys seen this...OMG so freaking cute!!! I had never seen this!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hiSTxqzvrQ

This must have been the promo that night on fox between shows and it looks like its the BANDIT Halloween episode!!!

Also BEST promo ever! Those teasers! But if you didn't know what you know now...um royal couples hooking up anyone??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Ejd2_3zNN0

Dylan Bren
https://www.youtube.com/c/DylanLovesBrenda
http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1734518/NikkylovesBD
Old 09-18-2017, 10:33 AM
Obsessed Fan

Yeah, we came across those a while ago.

I always suspected the writers were punishing Shannen through their treatment of Brenda. Glad to finally have confirmation.

Quote:
Also we have to assume that Luke might have said he didn't want to act with Shannen, but that was VERY short lived, they always had scenes together...and he's in contract soooooo I don't think he would of had much of a choice.
Well, he actually admitted to it in an old s4 interview: "I don't refuse to work with her anymore." They didn't always have scenes- between A Child Is A Father To A Man and Commencement they had less than a handful of them. And I think after the break-up/during the triangle even littler than that. They had considerably less screentime compared to the other three seasons. So if Luke would've protested DB reuniting then I could see them complying.

Last edited by loveslullaby; 09-18-2017 at 11:37 AM
Old 09-18-2017, 11:57 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by loveslullaby (View Post)
Yeah, we came across those a while ago.

I always suspected the writers were punishing Shannen through their treatment of Brenda. Glad to finally have confirmation.

Well, he actually admitted to it in an old s4 interview: "I don't refuse to work with her anymore." They didn't always have scenes- between A Child Is A Father To A Man and Commencement they had less than a handful of them. And I think after the break-up/during the triangle even littler than that. They had considerably less screentime compared to the other three seasons. So if Luke would've protested DB reuniting then I could see them complying.
Yeah Chuck didn't mention Luke's protest or anything like that. He just told the original plan. About him not refusing well thats good I feel its weird these guys would have a choice. It's weird to me. You're being paid to work...grow up...everyone really. Makes me not like Luke that much back then. He always seems to come in her defense now...even before the cancer thing. I just saw a interview with him and Jason from like 2013 or something. He talked highly of her, Jason didn't. He also had an opinion of the stupid ass I hate Brenda newsletter, saying he didn't like it...etc. Jason said he thought it was funny. He's kind of an ******* but then again I'm a big Shannen fan so thats bias I guess.

I dont know how I missed the halloween special...it was super cute.

This is cute...Brenda and Dylan are living in London and getting married

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90grwrqys4s

Dylan Bren
Old 09-18-2017, 01:28 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Yeah, I think it was pretty obvious.

Quote:
Yeah Chuck didn't mention Luke's protest or anything like that. He just told the original plan. About him not refusing well thats good I feel its weird these guys would have a choice. It's weird to me. You're being paid to work...grow up...everyone really. Makes me not like Luke that much back then. He always seems to come in her defense now...even before the cancer thing. I just saw a interview with him and Jason from like 2013 or something. He talked highly of her, Jason didn't. He also had an opinion of the stupid ass I hate Brenda newsletter, saying he didn't like it...etc. Jason said he thought it was funny. He's kind of an ******* but then again I'm a big Shannen fan so thats bias I guess.
I also think Luke got high on his popularity and was quite unprofessional primadonna for refusing to work with Shannen. Then again, I think he was not the only 90210 star with exaggerated sense of self-importance - it seems to me that Shannen, Jennie, Tori and Jason also suffered from that.

Icon by oth. fan
Old 09-18-2017, 01:48 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by yulan (View Post)
Yeah, I think it was pretty obvious.

I also think Luke got high on his popularity and was quite unprofessional primadonna for refusing to work with Shannen. Then again, I think he was not the only 90210 star with exaggerated sense of self-importance - it seems to me that Shannen, Jennie, Tori and Jason also suffered from that.
It's funny that you say this because Chuck does say Luke was a prima donna not in those words though. But he does say something like that. I don't remember which episode it is. He does talk crap a little. I've listened to a lot of them...but not all so who knows. It's pretty interesting Chuck would do these "chuck's corners" though. It's pretty cool. I feel like he said something about when Jason started directing, he would say things like but would it be better??? And they or Jason had said um no its my job not yours kind of thing. So pretty interesting. It seems everyone on that show had an ego problem at some point. I guess its pretty real to be honest. That show blew them up so much, and being young, I'm sure if they had to do it all over again...it would be a whole different situation.

Dylan Bren
Old 09-18-2017, 01:52 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Oh, I think that about Luke (and the others) even without the last comment from Chuck

Anyway:

Icon by oth. fan
Old 09-18-2017, 01:53 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Oh, I think that about Luke (and the others) even without the last comment from Chuck

Anyway:

Icon by oth. fan
Old 09-18-2017, 06:58 PM
Loyal Fan

Yeah Dylan...take your own advice...

Get him Brandon! You tell him!

Dylan Bren
Old 09-18-2017, 07:19 PM
Obsessed Fan