Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-13-2017, 04:09 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
My Brenda love just grew and her last two seasons just made me appreciate her so much more. The narrative just crapped on her so much and turned the once lead into an underdog. There was a sadness to her.
Same. But spitting on her so much really made me root for her more. She was definitely more realistic, relatable and understandable than the others.

Quote:
B/D's reconnection in S4 was really good as well. Also there was a balance with them that hadn't been there before. Brenda was Dylan's love, support system, family etc. He just needed her so much more in those early days. Where by S4 it was obvious Brenda was the outsider and they had another thing in common.
Yeah, somehow, everything worked for them. Great thing in S4 was that they also got new ground for reconnection, with outsider positions, love for literature, solitude etc.

Quote:
The attitude Dylan gave Brenda post-breakup never made sense to me. The venom came out of nowhere. That pissed me off the most. She was the injured party.
Bad writing, and possibly Luke's personal spite against Shannen.

Quote:
It would have been interesting to see B/D with the writers from s4 & 5. The show had grown up and had a more serious tone.
More serious, but also more lame, so I am glad Brenda left, actually. I've always been afraid they would have given her Val's SLs had she stayed, but I guess not. What I now find very possible is that Valerie would have been introduced even if Brenda had stayed, to mess up both Brenda/Dylan and Kelly/Brandon. The show needed a proper villain/bitchy promiscuous girl and Brenda would never be convincing as such. She already had too developed, too different background.

Brenda stands alone. Because she can.
Icon by oth. fan
Old 05-14-2017, 04:58 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nothing Else Matters (View Post)
The OP is so beautiful.
Thank you so much! I was so bummed when they changed the background of the board because our OP suddenly changed. But I'm glad it still holds up.
Old 05-14-2017, 06:10 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
The venom came out of nowhere.
I liked the venom. Just kidding.

This isn't an attack on D/B, but from what I recall, the relationship always involved a good deal of fighting, along with interference from Jim. I kind of understand how Dylan might have been a little exasperated when it ended. That being said, I do think there was more positive than negative between D/B.

If keeping Brenda around would've meant no Valerie, then I wish Brenda had stayed.
Old 05-15-2017, 12:32 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
This isn't an attack on D/B, but from what I recall, the relationship always involved a good deal of fighting, along with interference from Jim. I kind of understand how Dylan might have been a little exasperated when it ended. That being said, I do think there was more positive than negative between D/B.
There was some fighting, and that's normal for relationships, but not more than the other couples on the show, and not as bitter as some other couples. I do see why Dylan could have been angry when he met Brenda and Rick after break up, for example, but still, he was too damn self-righteous.

Icon by oth. fan
Old 05-15-2017, 05:03 AM
Master Fan

Wonderful gifs
Old 05-16-2017, 12:59 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Icon by oth. fan
Old 05-16-2017, 04:29 AM
Master Fan

Delightful gif Esma
Old 05-16-2017, 08:47 AM
Loyal Fan

I wrote this long post and its gone Did I not save it? UGH!

Oh well. Here some hot couch make out which these two were famous for. HAHA

Dylan Bren
https://www.youtube.com/c/DylanLovesBrenda
http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1734518/NikkylovesBD
Old 05-17-2017, 12:06 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I hate when it happens.

Such a hot gif!

Icon by oth. fan

Last edited by yulan; 05-17-2017 at 12:30 AM
Old 05-17-2017, 01:23 AM
Master Fan

Amazing gifs
Old 05-17-2017, 06:42 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by James26 (View Post)
I liked the venom. Just kidding.

If keeping Brenda around would've meant no Valerie, then I wish Brenda had stayed.
They fought a bit. Their first kiss involved an argument. Dylan smashing a potted plant, Brenda running away, him chasing her, and then they kissed.

Dylan made his choice but the way he acted towards her...it was like he was the victim. Like Brenda hooked up with his friend and hid it. Like Brenda had no right to be angry. Then he was surprised she took his pictures down.

Quote:
More serious, but also more lame, so I am glad Brenda left, actually. I've always been afraid they would have given her Val's SLs had she stayed, but I guess not. What I now find very possible is that Valerie would have been introduced even if Brenda had stayed, to mess up both Brenda/Dylan and Kelly/Brandon. The show needed a proper villain/bitchy promiscuous girl and Brenda would never be convincing as such. She already had too developed, too different background.
I agree, it's fun to think about the what ifs though. I went back and watched the, "I'm not Brenda..." scene and yeah. I would have died a little if they had Brenda pulling the stunts Val did.

Quote:
Yeah, somehow, everything worked for them. Great thing in S4 was that they also got new ground for reconnection, with outsider positions, love for literature, solitude etc.
We got to see them be genuine friends. It was really nice.

Old 05-17-2017, 07:38 AM
Obsessed Fan

The writers definitely had them fighting more than Brandon and Kelly, and also Brenda and Rick. But overall, I agree that their friction was probably the same as most other pairings. I wouldn't have minded meeting an old boyfriend of Brenda's from Minnesota, if she had any, and watching her love for Dylan prevail.
Old 05-17-2017, 07:44 AM
Master Fan

That is an interesting thought James. I would like to see an old BF from Minnesota (if she had one) entering the scene
Old 05-17-2017, 04:29 PM
Elite Fan

I don't think an old BF would have been much competition for her Dylan love. Maybe if she had stayed in Minnesota longer met a guy...that could have been interesting. A senior or a grad student.

BD were up and down. When they were great, they were great. When things were bad...it was not pretty. They had an intense relationship but it never went into the toxic area.

Old 05-17-2017, 05:48 PM
Obsessed Fan

^ That's an interesting idea. Guess I'll discuss it further on the Brenda thread.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread