Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-23-2021, 02:36 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Really beautiful video!

Quote:
Brenda looked so stunning in this episode- drove me nuts that Dylan was such an ass!
Yeah, she was downright gorgeous. I sort of like that scene between them. It's funny somehow. Dylan was a ****ty lab partner I always find it funny how awesome she looked that day, and how cool her outfit was, and how lame he looked in that shirt etc. There is something very entertaining about it.

Brenda stands alone. Because she can.
Icon by oth. fan
Old 02-26-2021, 01:35 AM
Fan Forum Hero

OMG, I've never seen this pic before! It would be Wildfire (S2) BTS.

Icon by oth. fan

Last edited by yulan; 02-26-2021 at 01:48 AM
Old 02-26-2021, 06:02 PM
Fan Forum Star

Such a great photo.
I am an original”
Old 02-27-2021, 02:34 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Swipe for both parts:

Icon by oth. fan
Old 03-02-2021, 06:18 PM
Fan Forum Star

Awww I love that.
I am an original”
Old 03-03-2021, 01:08 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Icon by oth. fan
Old 03-04-2021, 02:23 PM
Passionate Fan

RIP Luke. Such a sad day and cannot believe 2 years have passed. D/B were so pretty and magical. Shannen and Luke had lightening in a bottle with their chemistry.

Old 03-04-2021, 02:24 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yes, such a sad anniversary. And they were amazing together.

Icon by oth. fan
Old 03-05-2021, 04:27 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

What the... A YEAR has passed? Cannot believe it.

A very sad day, that was. Luke, if you're watching over us, we all loved you and Shannen back in the day

Esma I put this in the OT thread but here's a Taiwanese tv couple from 2004 that really remind me of Dylan and Brenda:

pic here of The Outsiders

It's from The Outsiders and airs on Netflix. Dylan Kuo was basically the Taiwanese Luke Perry in that show

She even got a tattoo of a fish because he compared himself to a fish in a small pond who watched her fly to America as a brave swallow (their ship name was fish/swallow)

I feel as if Dylan and Brenda would have been the type to get matching tattoos

Anyway, check it out if you have the time Really has that bad boy on a motorcycle meets good girl and will risk everything for their love trope

But be warned, it has quite a tragic ending
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 03-05-2021, 11:43 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
What the... A YEAR has passed? Cannot believe it.
Two.

Quote:
A very sad day, that was. Luke, if you're watching over us, we all loved you and Shannen back in the day
And always will!

Quote:
Anyway, check it out if you have the time Really has that bad boy on a motorcycle meets good girl and will risk everything for their love trope
Thank for reccommendation. Now it's interesting which tropes we can find with Brenda/Dylan. They or their start is often described as such (bad boy meets a good girl). I actually see them both as outsiders, just in different and also changing ways; and as sort of rebels. But let's go with outsiders for a moment, simply because I am inspired In the beginning, she is new to the 90210 environment, a stranger to it, and he is tired from it, a loner who does not want to participate in a typical 90210 lifestyle. In him she finds something much deeper and more meaningful than the 90210 glitter, and in her he finds an anchor to the romantic, family and friendly belonging. Dylan did have friends before Brenda and Brandon, but it does not seem to me he ever belonged to any group. So thanks to the "good girl", a "motorcycle bad body" found his gang Later she sort of distanced herself from the group due to his betrayal, while he was distancing from the social events, and they joined the ways in enjoying the poetry, drama, art etc. Then she distanced herself from the group even more and left, and he totally distanced himself from the gang quite soon after her departure. Then he left as well, and they met again in London, far away from 90210.

None of them was quite fitting. That is one of the reasons why we call them Bandits. I remember when the spin off popped up with the "If you want to live in the zip, you've gotta live by the code" we came up with the title for this thread "Because they got out of the zip, didn't want to live by the code"

Quote:
But be warned, it has quite a tragic ending
Duh. Ok, thanks for warning me. I am sort of accustomed to it. Even Brenda/Dylan feel tragic for me because we never got any sort of closure.

Icon by oth. fan

Last edited by yulan; 03-05-2021 at 12:02 PM
Old 03-05-2021, 12:19 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Now it's interesting which tropes we can find with Brenda/Dylan. They or their start is often described as such (bad boy meets a good girl). I actually see them both as outsiders, just in different and also changing ways; and as sort of rebels. But let's go with outsiders for a moment, simply because I am inspired In the beginning, she is new to the 90210 environment, a stranger to it, and he is tired from it, a loner who does not want to participate in a typical 90210 lifestyle. In him she finds something much deeper and more meaningful than the 90210 glitter, and in her he finds an anchor to the romantic, family and friendly belonging. Dylan did have friends before Brenda and Brandon, but it does not seem to me he ever belonged to any group. So thanks to the "good girl", a "motorcycle bad body" found his gang Later she sort of distanced herself from the group due to his betrayal, while he was distancing from the social events, and they joined the ways in enjoying the poetry, drama, art etc. Then she distanced herself from the group even more and left, and he totally distanced himself from the gang quite soon after her departure. Then he left as well, and they met again in London, far away from 90210.
Awwww, this is such the perfect way to describe them. Beautifully written. Dylan was obviously popular because of his looks, money and bad boy reputation and had friends pre-Brenda and Brandon but they were the first ones that took him in as true family and loved him. Iris noted this in season 3 when Brenda was devastated over K/D. Brenda and Dylan were outsiders when you really stepped back and looked at their histories on the show. In each other, they found what the other needed and it was lovely and romantic. Dylan let Brenda "be Brenda" even when she was overly emotional and dramatic. Brenda let Dylan be moody at times but always tried to snap him out of his demons. They were a great balance but also had a wonderful friendship when dating and when it was supposedly platonic.

Brenda and Dylan understood one another through the 4 seasons in a way no other characters ever fully got. It's why Dylan supporting her throughout season 4 made perfect sense even with everyone else turned on her.

Old 03-05-2021, 12:39 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Dylan was obviously popular because of his looks, money and bad boy reputation and had friends pre-Brenda and Brandon but they were the first ones that took him in as true family and loved him.

Quote:
Dylan let Brenda "be Brenda" even when she was overly emotional and dramatic. Brenda let Dylan be moody at times but always tried to snap him out of his demons.
True. Never thought about Dylan always accepting Brenda for being Brenda even when she was overdramatic etc. But he totally did. Dylan obviously adored ground beneath her feet. Therefore his S3 sudden dismissal of her in favor of whomever did not make any sense.

Quote:
Brenda and Dylan understood one another through the 4 seasons in a way no other characters ever fully got. It's why Dylan supporting her throughout season 4 made perfect sense even with everyone else turned on her.
And he emphasized that over and over. I remember some comment that he was a stand up guy and he would do that for anyone if the others turned their back on them. Maybe, but he would not have insisted on "I know you", common history of being "the two seeds" against the world, and on simply paying it back, given that Brenda used to do the same for him, and he acknowledged that. Because he had no such history with anyone else.

Now back to the good girl/bad boy thing, of course that makes sense too, because Dylan did not just have a controversial reputation, but was indeed sort of a bad boy, in a sense that he was sort of cynical and disrespectful towards women - remember what he was saying to Brandon about women in The First Time (Cheryl episode)? And as Shannen once said, Brenda brought out "the heard of gold in a bad boy." Of course he already had a heart of gold, but was sort of hiding it. Brenda let it shine.

Icon by oth. fan

Last edited by yulan; 03-05-2021 at 01:02 PM
Old 03-14-2021, 04:10 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Swipe to see Dylan as well

Icon by oth. fan
Old 03-16-2021, 02:28 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

^ I love their expressions, but the dialogue kinda sucked - Kelly was referenced, right?
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 03-17-2021, 03:29 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
^ I love their expressions, but the dialogue kinda sucked - Kelly was referenced, right?
Yes, through Dylan's frustrations, but I loved Brenda's smirk afterwards. It was sort of supportive for him, but also sort of a "Be careful what you wish, it might get true", IMO

Icon by oth. fan
Closed Thread   Post New Thread