Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-09-2008, 04:29 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

Nope, never. And I think that may say so much about his feelings on the whole thing. DK was something new he invested himself into at the time he first thought of the idea. But DB, so it would seem, he saw as the everlasting one.
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 04-09-2008, 04:46 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4brathan&brucas (View Post)
Nope, never. And I think that may say so much about his feelings on the whole thing. DK was something new he invested himself into at the time he first thought of the idea. But DB, so it would seem, he saw as the everlasting one.
Also, if Luke had hopes of Dylan/Kelly ending up together, he never would have left the show in the first place. I think it was a mix of failed movies and missing working with old cast members that convinced Luke to go back. He may not have had any complaints, considering he likes working with Jennie. But it obviously didn´t bias Luke´s judgement on which couple he thought should have actually ended up together.

And if you think about it, the season three triangle did spike 90210´s popularity, so him suggesting Dylan do something with Kelly wasn´t totally a horrible suggestion for the show itself. How was he supposed to know Shannen would leave for good, giving Dylan/Brenda no chance of reuniting later on? He never said ¨Forget about Brenda. Lets focus soley on Dylan/Kelly.¨ Bottomline, Luke´s a smart guy. He knows what´s right for the show.

Grr, I really wanna find those interviews!

Old 04-09-2008, 04:52 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

Despite the quote about Luke being jealous of Jennie doing scenes with Jason (which, by the way, I find a little weird,) I always thought it was obvious the writers would be at a loss with what to do with Dylan post-Brenda's departure. Maybe Luke felt the same way. Toni was a great partner for him and unfortunately, the writers didn't give that the chance it deserved. So Jason left and as bad luck would have it, the circumstances led the writers back to DK again.
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 04-09-2008, 11:27 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4brathan&brucas (View Post)
Despite the quote about Luke being jealous of Jennie doing scenes with Jason (which, by the way, I find a little weird,) I always thought it was obvious the writers would be at a loss with what to do with Dylan post-Brenda's departure. Maybe Luke felt the same way. Toni was a great partner for him and unfortunately, the writers didn't give that the chance it deserved. So Jason left and as bad luck would have it, the circumstances led the writers back to DK again.
I agree because no other girl that Dylan went with other than Toni was ever as great as Brenda for him. I think that's why they really didn't know what to do with the Dylan character after Shannon left. I really believe that BD would have gotten back together in season five if Shannon stayed.

Either way they just put DK together not only because Brenda/Brandon wasn't around but because DK had history even if it was a terrible one. So I think that was another reason to push them together in the end.

I was watching soap net tonight and they played the episode where DK break up and I just find it funny how Kelly says they really don't talk except have sex. I thought that was so true to there relationship in general.

hugs,
Denise
Old 04-10-2008, 01:17 AM
Loyal Fan

Kelly - "Dylan what's going on with us? Take away the sex and we have no relationship."

I think that's the exact quote.

I heard that Luke wanted Dylan to end up alone and go ride off into the sunset by himself, kind of like when he left the show in S6. It seems he didn't want Dylan to end up with Brenda or Kelly. He apparently saw Dylan as an eternal loner, not destined to settle down with any woman, especially since his wife died. I think that would've tied in nicely to S6 if Jason stayed and Kelly chose Brandon.
Old 04-10-2008, 01:19 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for the new thread. I love the title.
M♥D B♥D E♥B A♥I D♥I Ad♥A I♥G L♥G C♥M C♥O A♥P C♥V D♥C L♥A R♥N A♥B B♥K K♥D T♥D D♥D V♥D N♥E S♥D A♥E Z♥C E♥C B♥A J♥R G♥C Z♥K J♥K C♥C S♥B B♥L H♥N R♥R D♥S C♥B B♥N R♥L N♥V J♥R K♥R S♥K N♥C J♥A B♥E C♥N S♥E S♥B C♥D L♥L C♥S Jason♥Sam J♥L R♥P S♥C E♥T N♥B C♥P L♥P D♥J P♥J P♥A L♥L R♥J R♥M S♥S Avatar by catkirk7!
Old 04-10-2008, 04:49 AM
Total Fan

^^ hey im not in the list!!!! add me me please...
Old 04-10-2008, 05:32 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmingbrenda (View Post)
^^ hey im not in the list!!!! add me me please...
Added

Michelle, thanks for posting that. I recall hearing the same thing, although I also remember hearing he said he was very sad that Shannen didn't return when he did. I still think this proves he either would've been happy for Dy/Bren to come full-circle in the end, or for his character to revert to the position he was in when he first met Brandon. I would've been happy either way. I thought he had a good S6 send-off, and it seems to meet the ideal of how Luke apparently would've wanted it to end for the character. Which is why, in my eyes, it's a shame that the show went on for as long as it did.
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 04-10-2008, 05:39 AM
Total Fan

^^ thanks!!

Quote:
I also remember hearing he said he was very sad that Shannen didn't return when he did. I still think this proves he either would've been happy for Dy/Bren to come full-circle in the end, or for his character to revert to the position he was in when he first met Brandon. I would've been happy either way. I thought he had a good S6 send-off, and it seems to meet the ideal of how Luke apparently would've wanted it to end for the character. Which is why, in my eyes, it's a shame that the show went on for as long as it did

i couldnt agree more...
Old 04-10-2008, 09:07 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtimefan (View Post)
I heard that Luke wanted Dylan to end up alone and go ride off into the sunset by himself, kind of like when he left the show in S6. It seems he didn't want Dylan to end up with Brenda or Kelly. He apparently saw Dylan as an eternal loner, not destined to settle down with any woman, especially since his wife died. I think that would've tied in nicely to S6 if Jason stayed and Kelly chose Brandon.
That actually does sound nice. Again, Luke knows what is best for his character. Season six was a great send off, especially since they had him return to Brenda. The reason Luke was probably dissapointed Shannen didn´t return was because the only other perfect ending for his character would have been if Dylan/Brenda did come full circle. And if you think about it, with Jason and Shannen gone, the only other principle relationship Dylan had left on the show was with Kelly. They probably didn´t feel like developing new ones for him and figured since he and Kelly already have a strong history it makes sense just to pick things up with them. It was their only real option. Honestly, I´ll bet if Luke and Jennie didn´t already get along so well, Luke probably wouldn´t have been too enthusiastic about the direction of his character either.

Old 04-10-2008, 09:59 AM
Total Fan

^^ yeah they were together by default!!!
Old 04-10-2008, 12:22 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Which is why, in my eyes, it's a shame that the show went on for as long as it did.
Yeah I agree. The show should've ended 2-3 seasons earlier. Instead we got stuck with a default K/D ending.
Old 04-10-2008, 12:35 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

It's one of those shows that would've stayed in its prime had it quit while it was ahead. B/c it went on for longer than it should have, it lost integral cast members, namely the core family, and so the real point to the show was lost and it became about less appreciated characters/relationships. And it ended on the wrong note. I thought the finale was poorly constructed and was a basic summary of the final seasons in whole. Had it ended at or just after college graduation, the relationships most of us wanted in the end would've been the end.
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 04-10-2008, 02:07 PM
Addicted Fan

I think it would have also been nice if it just ended on Brandon/Kelly actually getting married at the end of season eight, and that´s it. And Donna and David could have still been written together in the end. What was their status at the end of season eight? But yeah, having it end after college would have been good, too. Of course season seven would have still had to be written a little differently just so it would wrap up storylines for other characters to give them better endings, like with Steve. I´d hate for it to end on him being heartbroken and feeling lost.

Last edited by Ruby_Slippers; 04-14-2008 at 04:00 PM
Old 04-10-2008, 02:42 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Some people still try to say that even if Brenda had come back, they still wouldn´t have happened because of her and Luke not getting along like six seasons ago.
There's no way that D/K would've been together at the end if Brandon and/or Brenda were there in the last 2 seasons. With both Walsh twins around, it would be a definite guarantee that there wouldn't be D/K. They were the default couple.

At the end of S8, Donna was dating Noah, and David had just broken up with Val. If the show were to end after S8, David/Donna would've stayed together and they would've built upon the Noah/Val relationship from early S8. Steve would've probably started dating Janet at the end too. And, of course, Dylan and Brenda would be in London together.

Last edited by Ruby_Slippers; 04-14-2008 at 04:00 PM
Closed Thread   Post New Thread