Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-09-2008, 03:10 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtimefan (View Post)
Actually I think Luke and Shannen weren't getting along at the time, so he requested to work more with Jennie
I agree. As much as I love Shannen, I guess Jennie is much easier to work with.

Brenda stands alone. Because she can.
Icon by oth. fan
Old 04-09-2008, 03:10 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

Quote:
Actually I think Luke and Shannen weren't getting along at the time, so he requested to work more with Jennie
Well... Whatever the reason, I can't say it worked out for the best. And I'm sure he can't, either.
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 04-09-2008, 03:13 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Professor Finley was part of the S5 storyline just after Kelly got burned in the fire. He was the head of a cult that Kelly was brainwashed into joining and got her into thinking it was "good to evolve" or whatever and Finley convinced Kelly that the only way for Dylan to "evolve" too was for her to sleep with him. LOL.
Great thread title by the way. Finley was terrible. Thankfully K/D didn't sleep together. That would've been too crazy. Although I bet Dylan was probably trying to get in her pants.
Old 04-09-2008, 03:15 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

Yeah, Dylan certainly didn't seem to resist the idea, UNTIL Kelly made it clear that the only reason she wasn't still with Brandon was because he didn't understand her need to evolve. (Not that there was anything to understand, as the whole thing was manipulated by Finley anyway.)
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 04-09-2008, 03:36 PM
Addicted Fan

I think I hate the Dylan/Brandon/Kelly triangle as much as the Dylan/Brenda/Kelly triangle. Both Kelly and Dylan were disgusting backstabbers.

Quote:
Either way, Luke wanted Dylan to do stuff with Kelly, but like with the writers, probably figured he´d end up with Brenda anyways. Afterall, he had to have been aware just as much as everyone else how popular and well loved Dylan/Brenda were. In fact I think I remember someone once quoting him in an interview saying he thought Dylan and Brenda should end up together based on their popularity. And I´m pretty sure his relationship with Shannen improved. I mean they had to work a lot together in season four, and he did have some nice things to say about her in that interwiew while they were filming that season. And he even said in a more recent interview that he missed working with her. I think if anyone were to ask Luke now which relationship was probably better, personal preference aside he would have to admitt it was Dylan/Brenda.

Old 04-09-2008, 03:48 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

I remember reading, I think, that Luke said the atmosphere was really weird when he came back to shoot scenes for S5 and Shannen wasn't there. I'm guessing he missed working with her despite all the problems the cast were reportedly having with her in her final seasons. But anyway, I'm in an agreement that Luke likely thought DK or no DK, DB would be the end result.
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 04-09-2008, 03:51 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4brathan&brucas (View Post)
I remember reading, I think, that Luke said the atmosphere was really weird when he came back to shoot scenes for S5 and Shannen wasn't there. I'm guessing he missed working with her despite all the problems the cast were reportedly having with her in her final seasons. But anyway, I'm in an agreement that Luke likely thought DK or no DK, DB would be the end result.
Oh DK "evolve" alright straight to hell lol
Old 04-09-2008, 03:52 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

^ Ti!!

You hit the nail on the head there
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 04-09-2008, 03:54 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4brathan&brucas (View Post)
^ Ti!!

You hit the nail on the head there
Well if that IS what Hell looks like. I am glad that I have been a good girl, cause I dont wanna go there
Old 04-09-2008, 03:56 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

Me neither. lol.
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 04-09-2008, 04:00 PM
Addicted Fan

From what I have heard about Dylan´s return in season nine, I would think Luke would have been dissapointed with the writing. They basically recycled old storylines and didn´t evolve his character(pun intended). I mean I´m pretty sure the only reason he came back anyways was because his movie career wasn´t taking off as much as he´d hoped. He probably would have been happy if Shannen agreed to come back too, since he enjoyed working with her. But, since he seemed to have had some kind of crush on Jennie, he probably let the bad writing slide. Or he was just desperate for the work. Because otherwise, if I were Luke, I wouldn´t have gone back if I was given that crap to work with.

Old 04-09-2008, 04:04 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

They didn't *cough* evolve (lol) Dylan AT ALL. In fact, from what I saw and everything else I've heard, they more or less sent him on a bigger downward spiral than before. I've seen people comment things about him such as how loser-like he was in the final seasons, because the writers pretty much gave the character nothing to go on, other than brood over Kelly and attempt to win her back.

I think I remember hearing Luke was upset Shannen couldn't come back too. I'm assuming this means he did want a DB ending after all.
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 04-09-2008, 04:07 PM
Addicted Fan

I wish we could find all of these interviews again!

And I always enjoy reading interviews where Jennie openly expresses her preference of Kelly being with Brandon over Dylan.

Old 04-09-2008, 04:10 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

One of my favorite Jennie quotes is in the OP.

And it does seem obvious what her preference was between the relationships. She compliments Bn/K A LOT.

And I agree, these interviews are hard to find! Even though I vividly remember them!!!
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 04-09-2008, 04:24 PM
Addicted Fan

Were they posted in previous threads? Because if so, I might have to start digging in them(if I have time)!

Well, it´s nice to know that in the end, Luke still wanted Dylan/Brenda, and Dylan/Kelly were just an idea he had. He wanted to work more with Jennie, there´s nothing wrong with that. But, unlike Jennie actively stating her preferences, Luke has never flat out said that he thought Dylan was actually better with Kelly.

Closed Thread   Post New Thread